For An Album Full Of Brilliant Pop Music..

NotAPassenger

For An Album Filled With Grade A Pop, There Are No Hit Singles   

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are there any "hit" singles? 

Whilst we all bask in the success that Glory has been, it seems to be struggling to connect with the public with Make Me. Released in July, Make Me is starting to feel like it's run its course. It has don't brilliantly, peaking inside the top 20 of the Hot 100 is a success for Britney in today's musical market. But with a couple of not-as-bad-as-fans-made-them-out-to-be missteps it's time to let Make Me breathe its final breath on the remaining radio stations keeping it in rotation. 

So, what is next? 

Whilst people seem to think this album is single after single, I'm afraid I have to burst your bubble. Deluxe tracks must be discounted immediately, they are very rarely singles, and especially never second singles. So that leaves us with 12 tracks. It's no secret that radio heads champion Just Luv Me. With its on trend sound, lyrical content and vocals it could easily become a radio hit. However, it needs an edit for radio that gives it more punch. The build up to the chorus is so heavenly it needs an extra push to really feel like a moment. 

In regards to streaming, Slumber Party is looking like a strong contender as it is the most streamed non single on Spotify. Slumber Party takes inspiration from dancehall and reggae. A sound that never gets old on radio. However, it's missing something. Slumber Party is brilliant, but with Britney alone I'd imagine it's hard to market. So to make this a single it'd need a remix and perhaps a feature. To get Rihanna on this track would create instant buzz. She's a streaming force and a chart darling, and it could be the sequel to S&M we all deserve. Another viable option to make Slumber Party "cooler" would be the addition of Drake. 

The third obvious option is Do You Wanna Come Over?. Britney has stated its hers and her sons favourite. Britney always pushes for her faves to be a single, and she'll likely get this. Sadly it's polarising. But that's Britney at her best. 

These are the only 3 songs that could possibly do anything on the radio and the charts, but each need something to entice the public to buy the single. 

So out of these three songs, which should be the second single? 

image.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should hold off on Just Luv Me. It should be a single but not the 2nd. I would go for Slumber Party as single 2. 

6 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

I refuse to except If I'm Dancing won't be a single :britclose:

Reveal hidden contents

But I know you're right so Just Luv Me :weusay:

That's my favorite on the album and it does need to be a single before the era ends.

2 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

I love "Just Luv Me" but it isn't an obvious choice at all in my opinion. It's not even one of our favorite songs. It's clear that the fanbase is divided in two. Half of Exhale wants Slumber Party and the other half wants Love Me Down. And these are the most loved songs even outside.

Just Luv Me is a beautiful song but would be a huge flop if it was released just after Make Me. Both songs are really similar, it's slow, the chorus is a bit underwhelming and that's not the right season for that kind of song.

I think her team will go for DYWCO though.

I disagree

just luv me, unlike make me, is so melodically catchy. It literally sticks the first time u listened to it.

the whole vibe of the song sounds big and high quality enough it sounds fitting for a second single next to TTWE and toxic

Love me down sounds empty and annoying tbh

It's honestly really tough to choose between Do You Wanna Come Over and Slumber Party. Do You Wanna screams single and it's Glory's big, upbeat dance track that people would probably love. But Slumber party is edgier and sounds very hip and it's really unique. I prefer Slumber Party, but it's really hard to tell which would bring the most success. I think all theee of those should be a single, but it's tough bc there are more that would make great singles too.

The album is going to be hard to pick singles from because as a whole it's not very radio friendly which imo is a good thing. I think JLM is their best bet for 2nd single because it has the potential to be huge because out of the whole album it's probably the most radio friendly song because it's (don't hate me) a bit more on the generic side. Once they release a more radio friendly 2nd single and hopefully get a big hit with it they can be a little more risky with the 3rd/4th singles and choose things like Slumber Party/If I'm Dancing/MOTM

2 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The album is going to be hard to pick singles from because as a whole it's not very radio friendly which imo is a good thing. I think JLM is their best bet for 2nd single because it has the potential to be huge because out of the whole album it's probably the most radio friendly song because it's (don't hate me) a bit more on the generic side. Once they release a more radio friendly 2nd single and hopefully get a big hit with it they can be a little more risky with the 3rd/4th singles and choose things like Slumber Party/If I'm Dancing/MOTM

That's also the reason the should pick Do You Wanna. It's that big dancey bop that the public would love and it'd have an even bigger chance at doing well. I think radio would love it bc it sounds like classic Britney. Then they could release Just Luv Me and end with Slumber Party.

For me it's between Slumber Party and DYWCO. DYWCO has such a cool vibe to it, very 80's and very different to what is currently out there. Slumber Party is more on trend, but it would be another mid-tempo single. I really like Just Luv Me but I feel the public will compare her way too much to Selena. I do not want another feature, but I have do admit if she had to team up with Rihanna again or Drake on Slumber Party, it would be hugely successful. More so Drake because it creates an opportunity for them to perform at iHeart together.

I voted DYWCO for the simple fact that it's the song my "GP" friends and family actually bop to.

Archived