5 Things Team Britney can learn from for the next ERA

blue.monopoly

1. Don't work with David LaChapelle ever again. Don't tie both album photoshoot and video to only one person in case things go awry.

2. Don't tease fans by leaking that the single is coming via Robin Leech when it's still months away.

3. Don't assume fans are mature enough to get over a video being scrapped. They will cry, throw tantrums and sabotage the song if they don't get their way.

4. Don't hire a one hit wonder G_easy and assume his white suburban fan base will support the song. It's not even in top 50 on Rhythmic. He had zero effect on the song.

5. Once the MM video leaked they should've moved on to filming a video for single #2 and promoted that on carpool karaoke instead. She will be promoting a song Make Me that will be dead in 2 weeks.

Anything you'd like to add or discuss?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The_Original_Toy said:

So basically keep us in the dark until things are finalized? 

Yes. Learn from Beyonce. Don't give anything away until it's ready to go. In fact hire Beyonce's team. :lanacackle:The problem is they had Robin Leech tease the single month ago, plans fell apart and fans then became antsy and felt entitled to leak the video because they had already waited for months for this promised single.

36 minutes ago, The_Original_Toy said:

So basically keep us in the dark until things are finalized? 

This is better though. We got a lot of pictures of her with producers and songwriters last year, that's enough for me when it comes to the new music.

However, they had Tom's Diner, that would've done it for a while, but they just paid dust to it. They could even do unusual things, like releasing Breathe on Me as a single, even if it was just to promote the new POM show. They have a lot of resources to keep us entertained while she's finishing the new music.

But all these rumors and insiders ruin everything. We were literally expecting the lead single since February-March (and that's excluding the false rumor of her premiering the song in December at the Miss Universe event :blol:). And Britney saying the new music was coming really soon didn't help at all.

This era had a very bad start. I believe most of the things were out of their control, but still, it's like, they're not new to this business, they've been doing this for almost 20 years, mistakes like these shouldn't happen. They supposedly delayed the release of the single because they wanted to shoot the video with G-Eazy, and at the end of the day they scrapped that version and showed that footage on a television in the final video; if that was the case they could've done it months ago. I really don't know how they're planning to fix this, I doubt they're premiering the original video, and if they do, it's gonna be too late in two weeks to do something for the song. And they've lost a lot of money already with two videos for a song that's really hard to call it a hit.

At this point I'm just hoping they start focusing in the next singles, and doing things right this time, instead of their usual behavior of scrapping everything else from the era after one single flopped, because of bad choices.

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

This is better though. We got a lot of pictures of her with producers and songwriters last year, that's enough for me when it comes to the new music.

However, they had Tom's Diner, that would've done it for a while, but they just paid dust to it. They could even do unusual things, like releasing Breathe on Me as a single, even if it was just to promote the new POM show. They have a lot of resources to keep us entertained while she's finishing the new music.

But all these rumors and insiders ruin everything. We were literally expecting the lead single since February-March (and that's excluding the false rumor of her premiering the song in December at the Miss Universe event :blol:). And Britney saying the new music was coming really soon didn't help at all.

This era had a very bad start. I believe most of the things were out of their control, but still, it's like, they're not new to this business, they've been doing this for almost 20 years, mistakes like these shouldn't happen. They supposedly delayed the release of the single because they wanted to shoot the video with G-Eazy, and at the end of the day they scrapped that version and showed that footage on a television in the final video; if that was the case they could've done it months ago. I really don't know how they're planning to fix this, I doubt they're premiering the original video, and if they do, it's gonna be too late in two weeks to do something for the song. And they've lost a lot of money already with two videos for a song that's really hard to call it a hit.

At this point I'm just hoping they start focusing in the next singles, and doing things right this time, instead of their usual behavior of scrapping everything else from the era after one single flopped, because of bad choices.

You do know that even not knowing will still drive the fans crazy. There were just as many threads complaining about how team britney is so secretive and never tell the fans anything or keep fans in the loop. They never win.

14 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

You do know that even not knowing will still drive the fans crazy. There were just as many threads complaining about how team britney is so secretive and never tell the fans anything or keep fans in the loop. They never win.

Well, I really don't have a problem with that. You're right there will always be people complaining.

But about the way they managed the release of Make Me..., they really screwed up everything, independently of the fans being happy or not, it seems that they're lost, it's like they don't have idea of what they're doing. And if we have another album in the future, and they wait 3, 4 years for it, by then the market will have already changed again, and they will be more lost than never. They need to learn from this, but apply it right now with the following singles, not scrapping everything and try again later with B10 in the next decade.

Archived