Was Make me a bad choice for 1st single?

Xtianadoresbritney

It was a good option, but from that it also needed some work on it, like a performance, tv aappearance, good vídeo, magazines, and not just release it, as for a lead the single, it had the treatment of a 3/4 one, it was the start it didn't really go that well, no matter how good the song may be

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the GP loves more generic, so more uptempo etc. but tbh, i don't think Britney is in it for the hits anymore. she's done that. I think she wanted it out as the first song because she likes it. and I approve haha. I don't care for hits anymore either, i just want to enjoy! caring for succes only is shallow.

No it isn't. MM is one of the mid tempo single from her, especially for an uncharted territory as a LEAD single since the first 3 albums, released more than 10 years ago. Most of her lead single from #B4 (In the Zone) onwards were pretty much straight up hard hits DANCEney back to back, the genre she's good at without a doubt.

MM however, is a great song with great production, great vocal and unfortunately with a so-so video clip to match as a lead single, tho she looks fabulous AF! I do admire the fact that she's taking chances with a different approach and direction this time around. She needed that, to showcase she's still versatile in the ever changing landscape of music.

Well, we can't expect her to do the same old genre as a lead single the next 10 years, can we?

:kisses2all:

30 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

It's I-G-G-Y and I'm back for real

Pretty Girls 2 and you better deal :gimmemoar: 

Ahahahah :oknolol: I could hear her in my head saying exactly that :riha:

But back to the point, IMO I don't think this was a great song. Here in Europe (Portugal/Spain at least) nobody talks about it nor I've heard it on the radio...

3 hours ago, justkeepdoingit said:

all 3 songs we know so far are exactly that - new and different. :madonna:

Nothing original, nor timeless, sounds like demos from 2010 ...... At least theres a track produced by danja and one producedby  DJ mustard which should be good..... 

From what he have heard so far, its undeniably the best -quality wise-and the strongest as well, jlm sounds promising..but its seems hella to slow for a first britney single.Whats ruining(its still not dead imo) make me is the horrible mv..If only they deleted it and released the original! We would die!:bwink:

4 hours ago, tsss said:

It's very strong song and I happy that she chose song like that as a lead single :thirsty:

This, but I could see the Glory era being like the ITZ/FF eras where the 2nd single becomes huge 

I really hope she's actually doing the VMA's and does MM/the 2nd single.........that would be a great set up for the 2nd single and we wouldn't have to worry as much about where the album will debut 

8 hours ago, Xtianadoresbritney said:

I love the song, its a very nice song but I think it doesnt have the potential to become a huge song.

for example Just luv me sounds incredible anda a better option for a first single.

I dont want to Believe MM is the best song from the album...i hope not.

Make me was/is a great choice but with extremely bad promo and marketing behind it. 

Let's not forget the masterpiece of MV it got  :lanacackle::britdrown:

7 hours ago, The Deity Arceus said:

it has tho

too bad the video is tragic 

we're still waiting for promo performance for the song :queenflopga: If it's planned of course 

This.  MM is amazing.  But Britney has done NOTHING other than release a TERRIBLE music video.  Songs need to be promoted these days and she is just as uninterested with this as she was with BJ.  It's so annoying.

Archived