Was Make me a bad choice for 1st single?

Xtianadoresbritney

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

considering the other songs they revealed so far no MM is the most compatible for lead single outta those other 3 , I just hoped to hear something new and different but well....... the song is nice so.....ok hoping the next songs will be different ........

6 minutes ago, Avnit said:

considering the other songs they revealed so far no MM is the most compatible for lead single outta those other 3 , I just hoped to hear something new and different but well....... the song is nice so.....ok hoping the next songs will be different ........

all 3 songs we know so far are exactly that - new and different. :madonna:

59 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Any song could be a great single with the proper videoclip or a proper performance.

I believe they wanted to wait for the VMAs, but that was just too long. They missed the chance to premiere it at the BBMA. They just released the audio, and with 16M views, I think it did pretty well, but they should've premiered a music video with it to make it explode. We still don't have a performance almost a month after its release, and the video isn't helping that much.

I understand they probably want the VMAs (I won't believe it til I see it) but meanwhile she could've performed at GMA, Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, I don't know. It really is a great song, but it had a very unfortunate release.

I think they're trying to go for longevity but something got f-ed up along the way on everyone's end. It's still not over but I like that it's something new and very repeatable, it's uptempo enough but not like you're in a club. 

Considering its holding up pretty nicely. Record a professional version at POM and move on. It's like an intro to the new CD, I think single 2 is the big one.

1 hour ago, grandespears94 said:

Make Me won't be the best song on Glory I think.

And I believe the 2nd or 3rd single will be more successful than MM. 

But MM was still a good choice as an introduction to Glory :bwink:

hm,  are you sure that it's a good introduction to glory with that music video? :awww:

2 minutes ago, Rico. said:

It was a great choice and Britney took risks with her lead singles throughout her career.

The mistake was not promoting it 

THIS. 

I don't get why she's allergic to promoting her own single? 

I get the feeling Glory is a complete body of work and it's not about having huge hit singles, it's about having coherence and good reviews for the album. If Glory gets lots of 4-5 star reviews then Britney will be happy (even if it flops.) 

Archived