Mexican actress Yadhira Carrillo reveals Jaime Camil called her first to play the role that Britney ultimately took in Jane the Virgin

PokemonSpears

jvi-a.jpg

So I'm watching this livestream with Mexican telenovela actress Yadhira Carrillo, and towards the end of the video a fan asked her why she never went to Hollywood. She talks about a proposal she had almost 20 years ago by the same guy that made Salma Hayek's first movie, but that she had to reject the project because she was about to have her first starring role in a telenovela, plus her career was barely starting and she didn't feel confident enough. 

Anyway, she says there was a second proposal years later, this time, Jaime Camil was the one that called her to participate in the series Jane the Virgin. She couldn't take the role because this time she had some businesses to attend, she's the owner of a store now, but she says Jaime Camil told her that Britney Spears also wanted this role. She doesn't go any further in the details, but basically what I get is had she took this role, Britney wouldn't have appeared in the series. :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow:

I don't know how they would've changed the storyline though, because she's not a singer, so maybe they would've made the whole thing about acting instead. Anyways, I found it so random to hear it and as I always say, this is another episode of "How I always find Britney Spears even when I'm not actively looking for Britney content".

For those of you that speak Spanish, here's the clip:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, warioaddams said:

En serio! No sabía esto. No la imagino en el papel.

2 minutes ago, LLuvia said:

Que guapa era Yadhira Carrillo, tampoco me la imagino en el papel.

I guess it would've been very different, I mean, they would've had to change the whole choreo, and rehearsals scenes for something related to acting, but I suppose she would've played like a movie actress diva or something like that :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: I suppose the initial idea was just to have an old rival of Jaime to show up 

43 minutes ago, Dussiniers said:

:kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies: Llegó nuestro turno de expresarnos en español, jajaja.

Leyeron la nota en Inglés con acento mexicano? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

PD: Qué interesante de verdad!!! ¿Cuál será la historia detrás tomando en cuenta la frase "Britney quería el papel"? 

:neydedance_purple:

she probably saw Paulina Rubio's guest appearance and she was like "omg I need to be there too :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: "

paujane1--z.jpg

jk :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I think Jaime said the production called Britney after she said in a magazine that Jane the Virgin was the show she was watching at the moment. So probably they showed her the possible characters that she could play, and she showed interest in Rogelio's nemesis, but probably Jaime had thought about someone like Yadhira first, just to support Latin talent :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Interesting. For sure they changed a lot, It looked very specific for Britney with references of her career and Jane's dream sequence.

Even tho people say Britney did an exaggerated version of herself, some lines were very Mariah-esque with diva demands, so maybe this was how the original role would be.

I don't know much what to think of Britney there. She is naturally funny, but she didn't look that comfortable, the references were tacky and make up was so wrong... As always.

No shade to this woman I never heard about before, but if Britney was interested in a role, even if this woman could do the role, she wouldnt get anyway lol 

Britney was the biggest star they had on the show, I bet they would do anything to have her on the show bc it would gave them more exposure, which it did. 

4 minutes ago, Bundy said:

No shade to this woman I never heard about before, but if Britney was interested in a role, even if this woman could do the role, she wouldnt get anyway lol 

Britney was the biggest star they had on the show, I bet they would do anything to have her on the show bc it would gave them more exposure, which it did. 

I think so aswell, Yadhira is famous but Britney is the biggest star. I think it might be a coincidence, like they had this plot about a celebrity cameo for an episode, Yadhira couldn’t make it, and then Britney told them she was interested:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

PS: Me encanta Exhale en español, es un gusto leeros compañeros:awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I guess it would've been very different, I mean, they would've had to change the whole choreo, and rehearsals scenes for something related to acting, but I suppose she would've played like a movie actress diva or something like that :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: I suppose the initial idea was just to have an old rival of Jaime to show up 

Algo como el personaje de Catherine Fulop en Rebelde Way pero Yadhira  no tiene esa chispa para ese tipo de personaje.

1 hour ago, LLuvia said:

Algo como el personaje de Catherine Fulop en Rebelde Way pero Yadhira  no tiene esa chispa para ese tipo de personaje.

siempre ha sido más dramática, no recuerdo haberla visto en algo de comedia, probablemente participó en La Hora Pico en alguna ocasión.

Pero supongo que habrían hecho como una parodia de diva de cine, como villana.

Archived