Did anyone get to see DWAD live? What was the atmosphere like?

Must have been so epic. I wish I got to see it live but I was just a kid at the time and would have to travel to the USA to see it. I fantasize about in occasion lol. Prime Britney doing her thing, being surrounded by a crowd going absolutely nuts knowing there was no one better than her in that era.

• Love 8
  • Like 1

I went twice…. I went to the show that was recorded at MGM for HBO Β and I saw the second leg at Mandalay Bay. The second leg she performed β€œyou were my home” it was a great atmosphere so much energy and so striking with so much innovation it was really excitingΒ 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Oprah Winfrey. said:

This is so iconic!

Β 

I know!!! I kept it, I also have my ticket of the femme falafel show - I saw her in Santo Domingo which was super random, I was visiting.

i also have the digital versions of my more recent ticketsΒ 

• Like 1

Β 

3 hours ago, super.nova said:

IMG-0227.jpg

I can't find my ticket stubs, but I do have some pictures of the show somewhere - although most didn't turn out that great. I also kept the Oops! branded glow stick that we were all given on that tour, too. I remember waving it at other Britney fans on the freeway after the show. Fun times!Β 

I did find the concert review I had cut out from The OregonianΒ newspaper from my Oops! show at the Rose Garden (now MODA Center) in Portland, Ore. on August 10, 2000. Gotta love the Dolly Parton-inspired headline.Β πŸ“°

I was on Floor, Row 20 in the middle. This super tall dad accompanying his daughter was standing up and I couldn't see anything, so I stood on my chair and told the kids behind me to do the same πŸ˜†

spacer.png

Edited by ImmaSlave4U
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Yes. I went to the show here in Atlanta on Dec 2001. It was a surreal experience seen her live. This was a time where social media wasn’t around, so you didn’t have celebrities on your face 24/7 so seeing someone as big as Britney, was like seeing God. Didn’t feel real. Her audience at the time was mostly teen girls, so there weren’t that many gays in the show. My friend managed to sneak in a camera since at the time recording was a big no no, so I got to film most of the show here in Atlanta.Β 
Β 

Β 

I was at the same show in Atlanta. There are no words! It was the best concert ever, and there will never be anything else like it. The visuals and effects are still amazing 22 years later. So far ahead of its time! I would give anything to get to see it again today.Β 

• Love 1

I went twice. Once in Los Angeles and again in Anaheim. I was third row from the stage for LA and nose bleeds for Anaheim, but the show was just sooo good I needed to see her again. I was too young to even know what gay was so if the men there were gay, I wasn’t aware. Tons of girls and parents. The screams of the audience were sooo loud! I had only once heard that matched when I saw NSYNC in a stadium for their Pop Odyssey Tour.
Β 

I remember the crowd made it feel so scandalous if she did anything kinda segxual, but in a we love it but you’re being bad, get it Britney-kind of way. Like she when danced with the guys for Boys, I remember the screams were so loud.Β 
spacer.pngspacer.png

Even some of the dance moves that were shown on the HBO special were toned down compared to the shows I went to. Not a lot but I used to learn her choreo back when I was a kid, so it stood out to me when it was different in the live show.Β 

It was the coolest thing to see her so close! Only at her Vegas show was I able to afford to see her that close again. She was just a beast of a performer on this tour. Her moves were so natural like she had swag. I snuck a camera in for the LA show, so I have took as many photos as I could. (Kinda silly to think there was a time where camera were banned from live concert shows). I even saved some of the fallen confetti that came down. It’s all on a scrap book I have put away.Β 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

Β 

I can't find my ticket stubs, but I do have some pictures of the show somewhere - although most didn't turn out that great. I also kept the Oops! branded glow stick that we were all given on that tour, too. I remember waving it at other Britney fans on the freeway after the show. Fun times!Β 

I did find the concert review I had cut out from The OregonianΒ newspaper from my Oops! show at the Rose Garden (now MODA Center) in Portland, Ore. on August 10, 2000. Gotta love the Dolly Parton-inspired headline.Β πŸ“°

I was on Floor, Row 20 in the middle. This super tall dad accompanying his daughter was standing up and I couldn't see anything, so I stood on my chair and told the kids behind me to do the same πŸ˜†

spacer.png

lol I just read that entire thing like this:snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:Β 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block