Tate McRae On Britney Spears comparisons : "it's such an honor, i mean I literally adore her, I read her book..."

On 4/2/2024 at 1:09 PM, Agyness said:

ok, that's cute, but Britney was something else, another level... :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

everyone says that Britney is ruining her legacy but it’s really the opposite, her popularity has soared since she has been free and with her “crazy” insta posts her followers have incresed 10x of what they were during the cship, she just had her first song hit 1b on Spotify and her music videos get more views everyday so she did not ruin her legacy

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Gypsy Woman said:

How is THAT very Britney...that's a copy + paste of Rihanna's Superbowl performance.

You’d have to be blind not to see Britney’s influence. Everything about the way she performs and even runs and exits the stage is totally Britney. 

Rihanna doesn’t even come close to those performance skills and don’t even get me started on the other “new” girls. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DollyParton said:

She make me feel like she barely know who Britney Spears is, and just saying whatever people expect her to say.

Whatever people expect her to say? Supporting Britney like that in 2024 is hardly the “cool” thing to do. Just look at narcissists like Taylor and Justin that won’t even pay her a compliment in return. 

Judging by her performances she is very familiar with Britney’s work. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

You’d have to be blind not to see Britney’s influence. Everything about the way she performs and even runs and exits the stage is totally Britney. 

Rihanna doesn’t even come close to those performance skills and don’t even get me started on the other “new” girls. 

If you don't see how she copied Rihanna's performance (down the dancer's costumes) then I have no reason to argue with you. The delusion is out of this world....

3 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

If you don't see how she copied Rihanna's performance (down the dancer's costumes) then I have no reason to argue with you. The delusion is out of this world....

the staging reminds me of Rihanna's super bowl performance, but the performance is very Britney coded, the dance moves, even her walk:janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

SVYwA.gif

britney-spears-vma.gifbritney-britney-spears.gif

she is very britney in the sense that you can feel she's in control of her body and commands the stage, but she is not britney spears.

i just think the rest of the current performers are really bad and tate just tries really hard and it shows. she's a very good performer but she still has a long way to become her.

also tate has been around for a minute and has yet to "explode" but britney exploded in 1 minute.

• Like 1

In my opinion, I can see hints of Britney in her songs, videos, and live performances. The cool thing is Tate is not trying to be an exact replica of Britney or anyone else but be her own unique artist which I respect about her. I saw an interview she did where she said she really thinks about her single artwork, various shots in her videos, the way her photoshoot look, etc. She came across very smart and knows her stuff which I like about her. She also said in that interview how she wants to bring a new unique look to Pop music, which I think she is totally doing right now. The only thing I don’t like about Tate’s music is that some of her songs are hard to understand, like I feel like I need closed captions in order to listen to her music. But there’s no denying that her music is catchy as hell. 

I don’t think Britney Nerds should be mad at the comparisons, but honored. It’s not like she’s going around saying “I’m better than Britney!” 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

it is flattering to both of them, the comparissons.

it's nice that everybody relates a good dancer to britney's early performances, even tho everyone in the 00s was forced to dance, you can tell britney is the one that left that impression

and yes tate is a good dancer AND performer. 

and it does look very britney, it'd be dumb to deny it. fans don't need to be so critical 

9 hours ago, Popprincess19 said:

everyone says that Britney is ruining her legacy but it’s really the opposite, her popularity has soared since she has been free and with her “crazy” insta posts her followers have incresed 10x of what they were during the cship, she just had her first song hit 1b on Spotify and her music videos get more views everyday so she did not ruin her legacy

Say it louder for the people in the back!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
On 4/2/2024 at 7:17 PM, Gypsy Woman said:

What comparison? There is ZERO likeness in music, visuals, dancing or overall aesthetic.

So she's Britney's successor because she dances?

I agree that the music is definitely not even close to Britneys, but the dancing, the energy, and the style of it is definitely heavily influenced by Britney. You can absolutely 100% tell that Tate closely watched Britney dance while she was developing her own style, which is really cool tbh

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block