Tate McRae On Britney Spears comparisons : "it's such an honor, i mean I literally adore her, I read her book..."

27 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

What comparison? There is ZERO likeness in music, visuals, dancing or overall aesthetic.

So she's Britney's successor because she dances?

She’s actually a GREAT performer. I think most of her songs are lame, but she’s definitely got potential and you can tell she’s inspired by Britney. She’s the closest to Britney we’ve had. Dull Flopa and Selena “Happy” Gomez “dance” too, but they suck. Tate is good.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Not surprised at all. Just watch some of her recent performances, they scream Britney. No she hasn’t had anything particularly “iconic” yet but she’s charismatic and she’s putting in a lot of effort. 

Nice to see someone respecting Britney’s legacy like that. No reason to hate on Tate.

Yup. The only thing is that her songs really suck 😭 if She got better in that department she'd really shine

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

She’s actually a GREAT performer. I think most of her songs are lame, but she’s definitely got potential and you can tell she’s inspired by Britney. She’s the closest to Britney we’ve had. Dull Flopa and Selena “Happy” Gomez “dance” too, but they suck. Tate is good.

Dull Flopa 😂

• Haha 5
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

Yup. The only thing is that her songs really suck 😭 if She got better in that department she'd really shine

Yeah I really wanted to like her album, but Greedy is the only song I really liked. There’s a couple more that I liked, but musically speaking that’s the closest she got to Britney’s level. 

1 hour ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Haha...nobody ever said Britney had potential, she was an immediate smash. The fact that Tate is described as "having potential" completely invalidates any comparisons to Britney.

At least with Dua you can say she's been a hit factory...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Not surprised at all. Just watch some of her recent performances, they scream Britney. No she hasn’t had anything particularly “iconic” yet but she’s charismatic and she’s putting in a lot of effort. 

Nice to see someone respecting Britney’s legacy like that. No reason to hate on Tate.

Nobody's hating on Tate, we're hating on the delusion that fans like you actually compare her to Britney. If we're going down that path than Hilary Duff is the next Taylor Swift...

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

Haha...nobody ever said Britney had potential, she was an immediate smash. The fact that Tate is described as "having potential" completely invalidates any comparisons to Britney.

At least with Dua you can say she's been a hit factory...

I was talking about her music when I talked about potential. She’s already a great performer, and since you brought it up - some of her performances are better than most of Britney’s early BOMT performances. 

Once she can deliver music that matches the level of her performances, she’ll be great.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

Nobody's hating on Tate, we're hating on the delusion that fans like you actually compare her to Britney. If we're going down that path than Hilary Duff is the next Taylor Swift...

Well, that’s your opinion. I personally don’t know how anyone can look at her performances and not see she’s DIRECTLY inspired by Britney - and she’s got the talent to make it look good. At least she actually admits she’s a fan and shows Britney the respect she deserves. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

You want to talk about delusion?

spacer.png

Post any Britney video post 2008 where she is DANCING better than Tate.. post it. I dare you. 

• Haha 1

I don’t understand the hate with Tate. 

She’s literally the only one out there doing anything remotely close to the early 2000s pop girls besides Dua Lipa

Is it the fact that people are comparing her to Britney is what you don’t like? 

Everyone knows there’s never gonna be another Britney, she was always in her own league so you can’t compare the two. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

You want to talk about delusion?

spacer.png

Post any Britney video post 2008 where she is DANCING better than Tate.. post it. I dare you. 

When did I say Britney was a better performer than Tate? I didn't...

That's the problem with you "fans," you make up ridiculous narratives in your head then run with them.

I said that Tate and Britney are NOTHING alike and saying that she's the next Britney makes no sense because again, THEY ARE NOTHING alike. I'm not discussing or saying ANYTHING about their respective talents. I'm responding to the delusion that Tate is the next Britney. I'd be saying the same thing if somebody said Demi was the next Christina Aguilera...they're nothing alike.

The funny thing is that y'all are doing Tate a disservice be reducing her down to being the "next" anybody. So what you're saying is that she has no self-identity and can't just be a great artist on her own? Wow...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block