I Have Nothing restored audio

37 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

This isn’t a good demo. She doesn’t have the range for her. Stop kidding yourself. Britney has a good voice, but this isn’t the song to showcase her unique voice. It’s not that serious. 

Yeah, it really isn’t the best. She really should’ve chosen a different song. If you’re gonna cover WHITNEY ******* HOUSTON then you better do her justice or you’re gonna sound lackluster. I think the fact that Britney herself even said this demo is bad proves our point. 

Ultimately I’m not complaining tho. This is one of the holy grails of unreleased Britney material so I’m happy we even get to hear it. 

• Love 1

I think she sounds beautiful! Anyone who thinks she can’t sing should listen to this. And it also speaks on the countless producers who have commented on her being able to be a vocal acrobat in the studio. She can go from this, to baby voiced to sultry. She really is a very dynamic vocalist at her core. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

I think she sounds beautiful! Anyone who thinks she can’t sing should listen to this. And it also speaks on the countless producers who have commented on her being able to be a vocal acrobat in the studio. She can go from this, to baby voiced to sultry. She really is a very dynamic vocalist at her core. 

Well said 👏 👏 👏 

The fans here who continue to complain over 20 years later are so absurd. Nothing Britney does will ever make anyone happy. This was a freakin demo and guess what, it landed her a record deal with Jive! Periodt!

Britney was never known solely for her vocals but a 16 year old who can pull off a Whitney Houston classic like this demands respect.

Unless you can sing better than Whitney yourself, shut it! 🤐 

Stop Talking Fix My Life GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 3/25/2024 at 12:40 AM, Oprah Winfrey. said:

I don’t wanna be that person, but her voice wasn’t strong enough to cover this song for auditions. Kinda explains why every label turned her down but jive. And in that case a bunch of creepy old farts we’re basically undressing a 16 year old girl with there eyes the entire time realizing she had a lot more s** appeal than voice appeal.

Britneys baby voice sounds better than this

I didn’t like it too. 

7 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

This isn’t a good demo. She doesn’t have the range for her. Stop kidding yourself. Britney has a good voice, but this isn’t the song to showcase her unique voice. It’s not that serious. 

She didn’t sing it in her own key, should’ve made the song her own 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Eternalhouse said:

Compared to the og audio that was super muffled and had a lot of noise, it is quite cleared. And I love the lower voice 

There's a clearer clip and it sounds nice. Somewhat like currentney.

Omg this one sounds amazing 

• Like 1

Is it just me or there's something sad about this...

Like they've stripped her off of her vocal talent to manufacture a living barbie doll with a bubblegum pop voice. Sure, she probably wouldn't have had the same impact with ballads à la Mariah Carey back then, but still, this is another example of how the industry completely strips off his chosen ones of everything that makes them unique. Good thing homegirl managed to stay true to herself through the years (at what cost though...)

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block