Remember that Britney tried to save pop music, and the general public ignored her?

3 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

Better would have flopped. 

The OhWOWohWoHoWOW parts were grating like Private Show.

I think Change Your Mind would have been a good lead and Mood Ring should have definitely been a single.

But yeah, Make Me was lackluster and it's video drama killed the album from the start. 

Better in 2016 would have not flopped pleaseee

change your mind was such a missed opportunity  Latin pop music was huge in 2016 because of despacito

Edited by Oprah Winfrey.
  • Love 1

Slumber party definitely deserved to be a single, video quality was top notch.  I don’t think slumber party could have been the lead. Make me wasn’t a good lead either, though.  Although with a quality video like the quality served in the slumber party video, I do think make me would have performed better.  The only ones I could see as possibly smashing as lead would be either love me down (had that Selena Gomez sound that was doing well at the time, but in an upgraded Britney way.  As mentioned, change your mind (again the sound was doing very well at that time), or better (for same mentioned reasons). 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
20 minutes ago, No Seas Cortes said:

Well, it was a mix of things: the song wasn't that strong for a lead single, it featured an unknown artist, and the music video was bad

Agree.

Have you noticed that she had more collabs with artists below her status after she got in the conservatorship?

She never did as much collabs with random artists before that.

I wonder why she was made to do that.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Have you noticed that she had more collabs with artists below her status after she got in the conservatorship?

Well yes and it hurt her career. Iggy, G-Eazy, Tinashe, will.i.am... No wonder these songs flopped, I think they would do way better if they were solo (maybe except MYB)

• Like 2
  • Super Mods

I disagree about slumber party being the lead, just like Make Me shouldn't have been the lead single. They are both very good songs, but very slow to present the album to the public. The lead single needs to be something catchy, contagious. 

Look at Ariana: Eternal Sunshine is a slow album filled with ballads and mid tempos, but Yes, And is the fastest paced, house-influenced song on the album, and that was the lead single. It got people into the album and now her album is #1 as well as her second single. 

Glory's lead single should have been change your mind or do you wanna come over, or even private show. Followed by make me, then probably Liar or Love me Down, and then finish it off with slumber party. I do believe this would have given her a lot better charting. 

5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Agree.

yeah i always wondered why - i mean she worked with big names in her prime… and for me, she was never a „collab-girl“ 😅 if so, then with madonna or janet. 

but after the c-ship we got will, iggy, geazy…. all of sudden these collabs… 🥲

also i‘m happy we got at least an Elton collab and not olivia, meghan or some tiktoker collab 🫠

• Like 1

Because Glory is not her best album, sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ It was good during its time, a few bops but as a whole it hasn’t aged well and definitely not her best album. The era also started off messy with the scrapped Make Me video and the album cover being a screenshot from that video shoot 🙄

Edited by stronger1992
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, stronger1992 said:

Because Glory is not her best album, sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ It was good during its time, a few bops but as a whole it hasn’t aged well and definitely not her best album. The era also started off messy with the scrapped Make Me video and the album cover being a screenshot from that video shoot 🙄

:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Glory, while being trend-hopping, is unmistakably Britney and among her best work.  She's always wanted to do an album that was more mid-tempos and she fully threw herself in the material.  Hell, even critics took note of this and, yeah it was released after Myah Jean, she still hadn't sounded this alive on an album since In The Zone, tbh.  

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
10 hours ago, No Seas Cortes said:

Well yes and it hurt her career. Iggy, G-Eazy, Tinashe, will.i.am... No wonder these songs flopped, I think they would do way better if they were solo (maybe except MYB)

Someone of her status should've collabed with big stars.

I think its RCA that came up with that idea cause think about it:

When she was on Jive, she didn't have many features or collabs especially as a single.

It wasn't until later when she was transferred to RCA that that's when she started collaborating with artists not on her level.

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Inherzone said:

yeah i always wondered why - i mean she worked with big names in her prime… and for me, she was never a „collab-girl“ 😅 if so, then with madonna or janet. 

but after the c-ship we got will, iggy, geazy…. all of sudden these collabs… 🥲

also i‘m happy we got at least an Elton collab and not olivia, meghan or some tiktoker collab 🫠

Yeah its like her team wanted to promote those artists so they put them on as a feature.

I just think that if Make Me had a bigger artist maybe like Drake, it could've been a bigger hit.

Why do a Collab on a lead single with a random rapper?

Honestly her Elton Collab is the best Collab she's had in the past decade.

Someone of or above her status instead of some nobody.

• Like 1
Just now, princessmimi said:

Yeah its like her team wanted to promote those artists so they put them on as a feature.

I just think that if Make Me had a bigger artist maybe like Drake, it could've been a bigger hit.

Why do a Collab on a lead single with a random rapper?

Honestly her Elton Collab is the best Collab she's had in the past decade.

Someone of or above her status instead of some nobody.

But I thought G-Eazy was kinda blowing at the time wasn't he? I mean with Me, myself and I and other hits like Him & I with Halsey. We don't know, but maybe Britney had chosen him, maybe she really liked me, myself and I as she also did a little cover of that song on VMAs? Who knows.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Fita said:

But I thought G-Eazy was kinda blowing at the time wasn't he? I mean with Me, myself and I and other hits like Him & I with Halsey. We don't know, but maybe Britney had chosen him, maybe she really liked me, myself and I as she also did a little cover of that song on VMAs? Who knows.

I dont remember tbh.

I know he did blow up after his Collab with Britney.

He was everywhere in 2016-2017.

I wonder what happened to him now, I haven't heard about him since.

Looking back I'm honestly grateful we got this era. It was flawed, the MM video being scrapped and remade was a really weird unsettling start to the era that totally derailed her momentum with her fans.

BUT, the music was great, she got that passion back, she looked great, just her winning best dressed at the VMA red carpet from fashion police was a thrill to me. It was the last time I felt true hope and excitement as a fan.

Knowing what we know now about everything she has been through, I think we should understand how hard it must have been for that entire era to happen at all. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

They didn't ignore her, they didn't know she had new music cause there was ZERO PROMO...... besides releasing "Make Me" as the lead single was a mistake (not the lead single material at all), and then releasing that basic awful music video did nothing for the song.

The whole album was single material especially "Love Me Down".... that song could've been a mega smash hit and could've saved the Glory era...

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block