Legally Blonde writer Kiwi Smith reveals that Britney was considered to play Elle Woods

• Content Curators

“The name Britney Spears was briefly floated but once Election (1999 comedy film with Reese Witherspoon) came out, we spoke about Reese… It just felt like ‘oh my god, this is the woman to play Elle’.”

“As much as I love Britney and think she has the perfect cadence to deliver some of Elle’s lines, Reese Witherspoon really was the perfect person to play the role. The team didn’t consider anybody else once they landed on her, in fact.”

T.CO

We would have loved to see Britney play this iconic role.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

oh please stop it already  :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

What's next? She was considered to play Andrea in 'Devil wears Prada' but turned down the role? :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Regina George in Mean Girls. That would have been nice 😩

• Love 2

I can see it. They probably considered her as they knew she would nail the role of someone who is viewed as a "dumb and ditzy blonde who wants to prove herself and has a lot more to give". Reese Witherspoon was the perfect choice though.

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block