What's the point to still stan now? Is it over now?

I don't really 'stan' any of them nowadays. They're all human at the end of the day and what Britney is showing us now - intentionally or otherwise - is that she is human. She has given up being a product for the public.

That said, I expect that Britney will eventually make a return to music. Maybe not this year or next but within the next decade - when she is ready and the money becomes appealing. In the meantime there's nothing wrong with going out there and exploring some of the other acts still going. I've never liked limiting my appreciation of artists by being 'loyal' to just a select few - there's a variety out there to go check out :)

I agree with the sentiment of finding other artists to stan, also that we can stan her past legacy.  There are other artists out there with great discographies.  It’s also exciting to see that her discography is growing so organically in streaming!  Personally, I stan the #’s and the pop star, AND the person.  No matter if she is releasing new music or a new book or nothing at all.  I will always have a spot for Britney and she will always be my favorite celebrity.  I root for her as a person first and foremost because what good is it for her to pull numbers and be successful when she isn’t happy in her actual life.  If her not being that pop star anymore makes her happy, I’m here for it and welcome it.  I will still keep up with her because she deserves the best and I wish that for her!

• Love 1

I feel she’ll come back and do a few albums later in life, maybe in her 50’s. Once she lets go of her trauma, deals with her internalised hyper ***ualisation she seems to project on herself and finds her peace again I think she’ll come back making more toned down music that she wants to make. It may not be popular, and probably won’t make it on the hot 100, but it’ll be freeing for her and it’ll be nice to hear another side of her. Give it 10 years or so. 

For now I’ll just keep her at arms length, bop along when one of her songs come on shuffle and mind my business, *****

I think we can all admit deep down we are fans of Britney the artist from 1998-2008. I’m a fan of her in the same way I’ll watch TV series from the 90s and 2000s or and old teen comedy movie I have seen 100 times. It’s all good memories of not only Britney the pop star but my own life during those years too. 

• Like 1

You stan the memories, you stan your younger years and what her music made you feel back then. You don't really stan her because there's nothing to stan for; the artist you fell in love with is long gone, probably since 2004; her tenure was rather short although it feels longer. Blackout was great but she was already on a decline.

If you keep publicly defending everything she does, you will look delusional and stuck in the past. Take the gigantic L and move on. Just enjoy her old music.

What is the point to stan anyone like ever ?

I just keep enjoying her past work and I like her as a person and am interested in whatever she does. My interest doesn't just stop because she's not working or putting out new material. 

There is no point in any of this. It's an interest, something you enjoy following up on. If you don't like her anymore just don't pay attention I guess.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block