She’s not mental she’s just like this now

• Super Mods
34 minutes ago, OneTrackMind said:

The people who yell she needs help are so funny, as if there is a magic pill or spell to make all her depression, anxiety, daddy issues and all the other bad stuff affecting her life disappear :clownery_makeup_meme: How can she go to a therapist when she said she's scared of doctors because of what her family made her do? Imagine being forced to listen to a therapist when you're not even allowed to share your troubles? Imagine being forced to go to AA meeting when you're not allowed to drink alcohol? 

This whole "She's crazy" narrative gives me flashbacks of 2007 when it was the NORM to make fun of her and some of her fans didn't like it and turned against her because they felt betrayed. What if this messy Britney is the real Britney? What if she rebells so hard because she was TOO CONTROLLED? She had 0 freedom, now she has 100 % freedom and guess what? It's like a sugar rush. You can argue about whether this a good thing or not, but like in the end of the day you're not talking to her so she won't give a f+ck. You can boycott her music, she won't give a f#ck because she's retired. Other than being rude to people and flashing her tatas, I don't see the crimes that she did? If she were really crazy, you'd think she would kill somebody or break stuff or harm herself. All she does are spinning videos inside and post cute images on Insta. You can dislike them or find them "cringe" but there is nothing harmful? 

exactly. Fans are pissed because she is not Britney circa 2004-2005, which is what they expected once she d break free from cship. Those times are gone, that was nearly 20 years ago, people need to start living in reality and thinking rationally. They want her to be like Beyonce/Shakira/Taylor Swift now, but none of these women have experienced anything Britney did (And thank god!). Let her be, she's not doign anything bad to anyone. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

exactly. Fans are pissed because she is not Britney circa 2004-2005, which is what they expected once she d break free from cship. Those times are gone, that was nearly 20 years ago, people need to start living in reality and thinking rationally. They want her to be like Beyonce/Shakira/Taylor Swift now, but none of these women have experienced anything Britney did (And thank god!). Let her be, she's not doign anything bad to anyone. 

So true, all those women you listed and more are very lucky not to experience the dark side of fame, extreme abuse and not develop mental disorders hence why they are so successful on stadium tours etc. If Britney’s life panned out differently before 2004 onwards.. I’m sure she’d be a different person today but unfortunately that’s not the case as we see today. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

I actually think she’s always been like this. I was watching some of Crossroads on Netflix and her vibe seemed a little off even back then - like she’s a little too detached.

Not surprised really.. didn’t the director say she was working 12 hour days on set then straight to recording the album after each day. No wonder her vibe was off but I didn’t notice it though. 

Edited by Blackout Britney
21 minutes ago, mmmpapii said:

THIS!!!

And guys, if any of this extreme-radicals-exhalers-members saw me through brazilian carnival, you´d be sure that Britney smoking a cigarrete in a dance studio ALONE is really a NO BIG DEAL

Greeks also dance while smoking AND drinking at the same time. Also we get on tables to dance. During covid youngers would throw parties at the streets. (Remimder; Britney was punished for taking her mask off at the BEACH).

And this is sth all ages do. Our parents did have fun this way too at their 40s in front of us. We were also dancing with them. 

Seriously the double standards are insane. She is doing this alone and she gets crusified.

I know some people are having a good intention and are worried but it is just her alone in front of a camera. This is just it.  You know, one day we had her make history at the vmas, then we had her in the news everyday, then we had her everynight perform in Vegas, suddenly she was nowhere, now we just have her on insta. U realise there will be a day she will really stay off the spotlight and we will have nothing...

• Love 2
18 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

And what do you want her to get help for exactly? Would you like her to be admitted to the Hospital For People Who Dance Too Much On Instagram or the American Institute of Messy Hair Popstars? What exactly is the thing she needs to be helped for in your expert opinion?

Exactly. Not a diagnosis*

And as she said in le memoir “Help is good. But not if it’s forced.” :typing_keyboard_computer:

If she’s struggling, she’ll get help when she wants it. These videos are not symptoms of her mental health - they’re barely a minute of her probably very quiet day. 

Edited by femmef4toole
  • Love 1

I  think we've for the most part, we've accepted that she's different now.

That problem is that she's stuck in this negative loop of blaming others instead of taking accountability for herself now that she's free.  Everyone's path is different but she doesn't seem to take a single step forward.

13 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

EDITED TO ADD: She shouldn’t be expected to be a role model, except to her boys. People might not agree with me but I do believe that parents should be role models to their children. People shouldn’t feel obliged to be any kind of role model to the general public, but to your own children, yes I feel we should be and the reality is that this is who kids are going to look up to while growing up. 

Yes.

• Love 1

I agree with him, she's a totally different person now and that's ok. As long as she's not hurting herself i'm fine, she's not doing harm to anyone in her silly dance videos, just let her be. I think at one point she'll get tired of it and we'll probably see sparks of the old Britney.

Edited by igmate

Even the title of this thread - I can understand why they may have tried to keep Brirney's diagnosis, or diagnoses private. The general public isn't always very understanding of these issues.

Britney most likely suffers from some sort of mood disorder, unless she was catastrophically misdiagnosed. The causes of these disorders can be genetic and environmental. But it is not her fault and I cannot imagine what it would be like to deal with as major pop star in public eye, with all the attitudes there still are towards these conditions.

I remember watching For The Record soon after release and thinking Britney was making sense but she seemed to have some sort of flat effect, possibly from medication. Many people dislike having to take mood stabilizers because I think they miss some facets of the manic phase - the energy and creativity. I could sense that with Britney and as a result she seemed somewhat subdued and depressed. (Yes also frustrated because she felt she was being made to pay so drastically for her mistakes.)

The 'new generation' medications are supposed to have fewer of these side effects but it can take time to adjust them correctly for the best results. For some people who don't have very good luck with 'the system' it can take decades. That happens far too often unfortunately and I can understand why Britney may be afraid of a new evaluation given how it has led to loss of control over her life previously.

(My mother has only received help for bipolar disorder in her senior years, before that she was always too scared to seek professional help. She thought she would be treated the same way others in her family had - shock treatment, instutionalized, medicated into zombie state etc. She only agreed to therapy after I went first for depression issues.)

• Like 2
On 2/21/2024 at 6:12 PM, BlackoutBaby said:

Even the title of this thread - I can understand why they may have tried to keep Brirney's diagnosis, or diagnoses private. The general public isn't always very understanding of these issues.

Britney most likely suffers from some sort of mood disorder, unless she was catastrophically misdiagnosed. The causes of these disorders can be genetic and environmental. But it is not her fault and I cannot imagine what it would be like to deal with as major pop star in public eye, with all the attitudes there still are towards these conditions.

I remember watching For The Record soon after release and thinking Britney was making sense but she seemed to have some sort of flat effect, possibly from medication. Many people dislike having to take mood stabilizers because I think they miss some facets of the manic phase - the energy and creativity. I could sense that with Britney and as a result she seemed somewhat subdued and depressed. (Yes also frustrated because she felt she was being made to pay so drastically for her mistakes.)

The 'new generation' medications are supposed to have fewer of these side effects but it can take time to adjust them correctly for the best results. For some people who don't have very good luck with 'the system' it can take decades. That happens far too often unfortunately and I can understand why Britney may be afraid of a new evaluation given how it has led to loss of control over her life previously.

(My mother has only received help for bipolar disorder in her senior years, before that she was always too scared to seek professional help. She thought she would be treated the same way others in her family had - shock treatment, instutionalized, medicated into zombie state etc. She only agreed to therapy after I went first for depression issues.)

This is spot on. People should re-read this because this person knows what they're talking about. 

Although Britney has never talked about her mental illness, there are things we do know. She is diagnosed with Bipolar 1 Disorder. We know this from various sources. 1) She said it herself inadvertently in text messages with her mom that she shared on Instagram from during her 2019 stay at "That Place." She acknowledged that she was treated for Bipolar. 2) She's made it very clear she's been treated involuntarily with Lithium. The only condition on-label for Lithium is Bipolar 1 Disorder. 3) She also said she was treated with Seroquel, also used for Bipolar and mood disorders. 4) Bipolar mania (untreated) results in delusions of grandeur and severe overspending. The very existence of a conservatorship suggests Bipolar. 5) She has a condition that is treatable with medication. She was perfectly normal, healthy, very productive, and highly successful and had her kids part time from 2008 to 2018, when we know she was given medications daily by her security and she was compliant. 6) Sha  has been determined to have been a danger to herself or others numerous times and was taken in for involuntary treatment, something common to Bipolar. 7) She shows symptoms of mania regularly and has for the past couple years. Not only the weird dancing but in her word salad rants, which is something unique to Bipolar and Schizophrenia. 8) She is rewistent to treatment, something also common to Bipolar, and it's fairly clear that there is no way she's going to take psych meds if she's not being forced to. 

The huge problem with all this is, untreated Bipolqr disorder and manic episodes results in progressive brain damage. It becomes permanent. I watched it happen to my brother, who is now completely disabled. And it very commonly leads to suicide. Yes, she needs help. 

On 2/21/2024 at 11:32 AM, mmmpapii said:

THIS!!!

And guys, if any of this extreme-radicals-exhalers-members saw me through brazilian carnival, you´d be sure that Britney smoking a cigarrete in a dance studio ALONE is really a NO BIG DEAL

Carnival in Brazil is a vibe :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: I was there

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, mmmpapii said:

REALLY? where??

Enjoyed?

Yeah, I was in João Pessoa (are u brazilian too, btw?). I went to two of them (Virgens de tambaú e Cafuçu). The first I got really drunk till I passed out omg :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: and in the second I was fine, got up on a motorbike for the first time ever, exciting! So I enjoyed. How bout yours?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block