She’s not mental she’s just like this now

On 2/28/2024 at 11:38 PM, BritneyLover said:

Would you leave a psycopath to he’s own will and freedom to excecute what those voices in his head tells him to do? Not right?

im not saying this is britneys case of course but there are several and different mental health issues that need supervision. The sad part about this is that she is such a powerfull woman that her own family decided to exploit her instead of closely take her of her while giving as much freedom as possible while she made her own path to a slow recovery with proper therapy and treatments.

she was instead put on a world tour after rehab in 2008

these new generational stuff about being what you are withot even careing if its healthy for you in a long term and for the world and society you live in is just an uneducated irresponsible childish and easy path ppl follow to not take accountabilty for their actions. Evasion anybody? Why do you think everyone and their moms is dr*gd all week?

the world is at a baaad place.

As for britney, she needs to GROW. She needs to take the healthy path. Do therapy. Heal. She needs to know she is valuable. She needs to CARE. to reconect with herself. To reconnect with her kids. Not because i say so but because ANY healthy human being has those basic inner drives at heart.

Her change did not even start after this trauma from the conservatorship. It started LONG ago. Or make me understand how she even stoped knowing how to dance in 2006 when she was the greatest singer who was actually a unique professional dancer??

nothing is making sense since forever and its because she started having issues LONG LONG ago and all the ppl from 2007 on only took advantage of it instead of being there for her to give a proper advice and help

First, britney is not a psycopath. Spinning uncontrollably in the living room/doing a knife dance for artistic purpose/smoking while dancing/posting nude DOES NOT make someone a psychopath. Not that i like how it looks but literally none of these things make her a threat to the society nor fall into the category of psychopath. Not even close. Look up what the word mean if you are uneducated, instead of recklessly labeling people with it.

Second, even for an actual psychopath, do you know legally we cannot send him/her to a facility and restrict his/her freedom at wish? We can only do that unless they exhibit violence/pose a threat to society. It is the law. And why is the law like that? Because it's basic human right - the LAW protects basic human right, e.g. freedom, autonomy, safety. It restricts people with mental illness only when they threaten other people safety.

Britney is NOT harming anyone. Therefore no one have the right to force her to do therapy if SHE herself doesn't want to. You can stfu and learn how to respect people boundary/freedom first. I don't get why people like you are so entitled and try to discipline/control/shame her like a child. You can't even do that to a child.  All these should be common sense.

Edited by brit_wing
On 2/22/2024 at 4:12 AM, BlackoutBaby said:

Even the title of this thread - I can understand why they may have tried to keep Brirney's diagnosis, or diagnoses private. The general public isn't always very understanding of these issues.

Britney most likely suffers from some sort of mood disorder, unless she was catastrophically misdiagnosed. The causes of these disorders can be genetic and environmental. But it is not her fault and I cannot imagine what it would be like to deal with as major pop star in public eye, with all the attitudes there still are towards these conditions.

I remember watching For The Record soon after release and thinking Britney was making sense but she seemed to have some sort of flat effect, possibly from medication. Many people dislike having to take mood stabilizers because I think they miss some facets of the manic phase - the energy and creativity. I could sense that with Britney and as a result she seemed somewhat subdued and depressed. (Yes also frustrated because she felt she was being made to pay so drastically for her mistakes.)

The 'new generation' medications are supposed to have fewer of these side effects but it can take time to adjust them correctly for the best results. For some people who don't have very good luck with 'the system' it can take decades. That happens far too often unfortunately and I can understand why Britney may be afraid of a new evaluation given how it has led to loss of control over her life previously.

(My mother has only received help for bipolar disorder in her senior years, before that she was always too scared to seek professional help. She thought she would be treated the same way others in her family had - shock treatment, instutionalized, medicated into zombie state etc. She only agreed to therapy after I went first for depression issues.)

Thank you for this comment. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block