Why do so many fans get defensive and attack other fans who suggest Britney might need help?

Just now, Style. said:

In some cases, catfishing can be a symptom of more significant mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, or loneliness. Henry. is in denial but struggling with the darker side of catfishing, it’s concerning. Not only that, but he was suspended not long ago for making fun of someone that’s HIV+. His place is outside, taking care of his mental health, not on a Britney forum spewing hate and making fun of others.Tell Tea Time GIF by Dreezy

I- 

Oh My God Omg GIF 

The audacity of these users coming for anyone's mental health while doing all that low down dirty stuff.

Gross.

• Haha 5
Just now, Gutterguppy said:

I feel as though a lot of users here choose to forget that what she went through is incredibly unique and she is an anomaly. Yes, we know her posts are cringe/weird, but to say that she's not on the right path to healing because of what you perceive is the right way to heal is disrespectful. I didn't realize social media was a barometer for how well a person must be doing, so thanks for teaching me something I suppose. There is no such thing as a 'perfect' abuse/trauma survivor. 

to me the fact that she can be coherent when she wants tells me she's fine.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

I'm glad you mentioned this because I'm actually a victim in this situation. It was years ago and I never, ever in my Exhale life claimed this is me. So many of you have people that aren't you as profile pictures. I was being attacked and gaslighted by some bullies like you and your friend PutaButItFeelsAllright, which made everyone believe I'm some sort of catfish, and it's incredibly disgusting. You should be immediately banned for creating fake narratives, and all the stories from my personal life are true.

Also, acting like you're not one of the darkest and biggest weirdos on this site is insane. And it's also the getting defensive as a fan, even when I ask questions why you're defensive. You're the clown

omg so what is the truth.

Just now, super.nova said:

omg i remember the cute guy on his profile pic lol.

i mean to be honest its never a good idea to reveal things about yourself online. the only person who has seen me in this forum is @BUWYGF lol

While I agree I don't think stealing someone's photos and identity is the better alternative. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

I'm glad you mentioned this because I'm actually a victim in this situation. It was YEARS ago and I never, ever in my Exhale life claimed this is me. So many of you have people that aren't you as profile pictures. I was being attacked and gaslighted by some bullies like you and your friend PutaButItFeelsAllright, which made everyone believe I'm some sort of catfish, and it's incredibly disgusting. You should be immediately banned for creating fake narratives, and all the stories from my personal life are true.

Also, acting like you're not one of the darkest and biggest weirdos on this site is insane. And it's also the getting defensive as a fan, even when I ask questions why you're defensive. You're the clown

Girl, everybody knows you're a catfish. The fact that you're tagging @CrazyButItFeelsAllright because you can't handle the truth is very telling. You've got a nasty aura and a vendetta against us, and now @rik, aka the only one that stood behind you, is INSANE. Stop belittling Britney and others with HIV+, and seek help!:billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

You should be banned, your place is not on a pop forum. 

Edited by Style.
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Style. said:

In some cases, catfishing can be a symptom of more significant mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, or loneliness. Henry. is in denial but struggling with the darker side of catfishing, it’s concerning. Not only that, but he was suspended not long ago for making fun of someone that’s HIV+. His place is outside, taking care of his mental health, not on a Britney forum spewing hate and making fun of others.Tell Tea Time GIF by Dreezy

...I take back my laughter. Is he OK?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Style. said:

Girl, everybody knows you're a catfish. The fact that you're tagging @CrazyButItFeelsAllright because you can't handle the truth is very telling. You've got a nasty aura and a vendetta against us, and now @rik, aka the only one that stood behind you, is INSANE. Stop belittling Britney and others with HIV+, and seek help!:billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

WAIT. wasn't @rik a nice guy?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Style. said:

Girl, everybody knows you're a catfish. The fact that you're tagging @CrazyButItFeelsAllright because you can't handle the truth is very telling. You've got a nasty aura and a vendetta against us, and now @rik, aka the only one that stood behind you, is INSANE. Stop belittling Britney and others with HIV+, and seek help!:billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

I don't care about your lies or your opinion about me, it's just a forum. The truth is, all the impressions we have about each other are false

tumblr-0e902efd1fba6d363552313e429f0b96-

I could tag a full list of people on here who can’t stand if someone’s opinion doesn’t match their own 😂

Yes, Britney does need some help. When you’ve lived the life she has lived for so long, how could you not? Not in a shady way towards her, but it’s clear she could use some proper medical help. The haters will still come after this comment 😒

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, --- said:

it's the manner in which it is suggested. it's the disgust, the disdain, and the objectification. her life is treated like a joke among popular children and the way they present their "empathy" is offensive. not to mention how repetitive it is.
"omg she looks like a crackhead" is not support.

exactly. it's a bit ironic, because when everything was happening in 2007/2008, no one had a good understanding of mental health issues, and even though we're more cognizant of it now, people's 'concern' is on an extreme spectrum, as if to compensate for the lack of compassion/empathy we didn't have before. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, stronger1992 said:

I could tag a full list of people on here who can’t stand if someone’s opinion doesn’t match their own 😂

Yes, Britney does need some help. When you’ve lived the life she has lived for so long, how could you not? Not in a shady way towards her, but it’s clear she could use some proper medical help. The haters will still come after this comment 😒

No one is asking you so be gone. Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
Just now, The One and Only said:

I don't care about your lies or your opinion about me, it's just a forum. The truth is, all the impressions we have about each other are false

tumblr-0e902efd1fba6d363552313e429f0b96-

You should care. It's not acceptable to catfish, call someone crazy and stupid, or mock someone who has been diagnosed with HIV+. 

5 minutes ago, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

...I take back my laughter. Is he OK?

The boy who was catfished? He's likely traumatized for life that a weirdo with no personality has stolen his identity. Poor guy! 

6 minutes ago, super.nova said:

WAIT. wasn't @rik a nice guy?

Yes, he is a nice guy. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block