What happened to her accent?

I was watching crossroads and heard Britney’s iconic southern accent, but that made me think, where did it go? During and post-conservatorship her accent seems to have completely disappeared, she either talks in that weird voice like the what do you mean video or in a British accent what’s up with that? Do you think it is due to trauma from the soul crushing conservatorship?

discuss. Britney Spears Kiss GIF

Well she was playing a southern girl in Crossroads so her accent had to be thicker. Also I think she just hasn’t been around a lot of southern people. Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Lawrence have said that they lose their southern accent when they’ve been away from their home state too long but as soon as they are back home, it comes right back. In For The Record, Britney sounds most southern when she’s talking with her father. 

And she got into acting young, and they train actors to try to lose their accents for work. So it could be that she’s just accustomed to drop it when she’s doing industry stuff but it comes back when she’s relaxed and with her southern people ( well not anymore since she doesn’t really see anyone from her life before the Con).

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, humstarr said:

Britney mentioned years ago that her accent disappears when she is in LA. But as soon as she goes back to louisiana it comes back. 

This is normal for most people; talk to anyone in Europe where regional accents are much more prevalent. Singers usually have a good ear for various accents and can lose and reproduce them at will.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humstarr said:

Britney mentioned years ago that her accent disappears when she is in LA. But as soon as she goes back to louisiana it comes back. 

This, also, I can't help but feel it "isn't cool" to speak in such an accent? I can't think of many southern American celebrities who speak with a southern accent, except maybe Beyonce. And Miley still has a bit of a southern twang when she speaks. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

I have my theories and beliefs but if I share them yall tell me to **** off and that she's just having fun playing with different accents/baby voices, or she's trying to rebel somehow LOLLL 

I wouldn't say that to you.

I am actually curious to what your theories and beliefs are. :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

Well she was playing a southern girl in Crossroads so her accent had to be thicker. Also I think she just hasn’t been around a lot of southern people. Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Lawrence have said that they lose their southern accent when they’ve been away from their home state too long but as soon as they are back home, it comes right back. In For The Record, Britney sounds most southern when she’s talking with her father. 

And she got into acting young, and they train actors to try to lose their accents for work. So it could be that she’s just accustomed to drop it when she’s doing industry stuff but it comes back when she’s relaxed and with her southern people ( well not anymore since she doesn’t really see anyone from her life before the Con).

Yeah I think that happened with Britney.

She hasn't lived in the south since before she became famous,

so of course she lost her accent plus she's older now and smokes.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, humstarr said:

This... plus we still hear it once in a while. I think it really depends how comfortable she is. I've seen this with lots of people with various accents.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block