Why Won’t Fans Accept Britney’s Retirement?

The answer is:

Because we miss this woman in the music industry. Her authenticity, her dance moves, her face expressions, her charisma, and everything we know as Britney.

But also because it's part of people's lives to stan and be a fan of Britney. So it's hard to let it go of that side. 

13 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

Britney can’t retire lol, she has many bills to pay and mouths to feed. 

If she had another business empire like Rihanna or Selena... but that’s not her case. It's not her choice.

I just think right now she can't work. Not ok mentally to actually work seriously, it's a risk to sign any contract with someone changing her mind every two days. 

This. 

I think that people use the word retirement so loosely these days. Like look at Tom Brady. He’s been in and out of “retirement” several times. Another perfect example is Cher  

all “retirement” means no a days is that the artist is going to take a extended break from the industry. 

Britney’s like a cat. ***** got 9 lives and we are only on life #3. 

• Like 1
Just now, toxicjs said:

4 years? Britney was at her peak for 3 different decades. 90s 00s and 2010 so….

I think what was meant is that we got Britney her first 4 albums meaning before her meltdown and the C ship.

Ever since fans don't know how Britney is in an album cycle being free like she was pre c ship. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

I think what was meant is that we got Britney her first 4 albums meaning before her meltdown and the C ship.

Ever since fans don't know how Britney is in an album cycle being free like she was pre c ship. 

I don’t get it. But it’s ok I don’t have to. I respect your opinion and your perspective 🫶🏼

8 minutes ago, toxicjs said:

I don’t get it. But it’s ok I don’t have to. I respect your opinion and your perspective 🫶🏼

Meaning like people feel like they got the 'real Britney' her first 4 albums. After that she had the meltdown was in a different head space and had her life taken over.

Everything album 5 and after was Team Con, not what Britney wanted, and the world was shielded from who she really is. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

So she is retired from doing the actual work that comes with releasing material. Got it. 

She's retired from others telling her what to do, and being forced to work. This woman has worked since she was a child, if she doesn't want to work ever again that's her right.

She seems to have plenty of money to never work again. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, kdub87 said:

I think it’s because she keeps teasing “project this” and “project that” “coming soon!”

Like why taunt fans knowing you have no intention of releasing anything? Hearing her speak/croak lately though it seems the cigs have taken their toll big time on her voice. I’m not sure she could get a new single out let alone an album. 

She recorded HMC just a couple years ago, her voice croaks when she tries to talk like a baby. Other than that, I’m sure she can still sing a song. 

31 minutes ago, jokobish said:

She recorded HMC just a couple years ago, her voice croaks when she tries to talk like a baby. Other than that, I’m sure she can still sing a song. 

Idk, maybe after it’s been heavily processed but from how she talks it seems like she wouldn’t be able to hold a tune/note for very long before her voice would crack, it does when she even just talks.

Britney the intertainer who set the world on fire and made my jaw drop is no longer there. She hasnt in a long time except for that BMA performance in 2016. 

I have accepted her choice and wish she gets "the real deal" with a stable guy, a healthy relationship, another baby, heal from trauma and mend things with her sons. Thats whats she really wants, she said that on several occassions.

However - she has singing and dancing in her blood and enters the "stage" several times a week. People mock her but its all shes ever known. (She is also a huge troll, a goofball and **** with people on purpose)

So, no I dont think she has retired for life.

Isn’t it natural not wanting to let go of the things you enjoy the most?

To me, Britney IS that! I never enjoyed someone’s music/dancing more than Britney’s.

If I told you you can never eat chocolate (or any of your favorite dish) again, wouldn’t you have a hard time accepting it? I would!

i just personally don't believe it. it's her passion and would be really cathartic and is a healthy way to get your thoughts and feelings out. that's why blackout was so good. shes kind of said the same before too, it was 6 years between ITZ and Blackout. it's more like a hiatus imo. my opinion does not mean i want to force her to work or whatever people claim when you express such opinions. 

Edited by Kevney
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block