The first song she's ever written is

So in this ABC special Britney says that 'Everytime' is the first song she's ever written... But what about 'Dear Diary' which she said in 2000 that she wrote...?

And what about songs from 'Britney' like 'Lonely' in which she said she had more songwriting involvement?

Or in Britney she only co-wrote them?

Edit: the previous song she wrote that I was referring to was actually I'm So Curious.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Officially the first song she's ever written was I'm So Curious. 

I feel like she said that about Everytime because it was 100% her. Even though there's this other lady who is a co-writter, Britney relates more and is more proud of Everytime, a song that she wrote lyrically and composed the music herself.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I think she would have been more technical in saying Everytime was the first song she ever composed, wrote and produced, start to finish.  

Her involvement as a lyricist previous to that didn't involve composition.  She developed the piano chords, produced the lullaby quality of the song and wrote the words.  It's a full body of work that made that song.  

She has this kind of verbal/mental tick to generalize things in a sort of grandiose way, to where technically speaking they're true, but omit a lot of minuta behind what she really means. 

Like: I've never ridden a horse, I made out with Wade, this is the first song I've ever written.    There are elements of truth to it, if only in the specific way she means at that moment that she doesn't say out loud.  

She's rode a horse before, but riding post conservatorship feels like the first time, she made out with Wade but had an emotional affair that was deeper than she cares to admit, she wrote other songs but not in the total way she was involved with Everytime.  

• Love 2
  • Like 7
5 minutes ago, kgid said:

I think she would have been more technical in saying Everytime was the first song she ever composed, wrote and produced, start to finish.  

Her involvement as a lyricist previous to that didn't involve composition.  She developed the piano chords, produced the lullaby quality of the song and wrote the words.  It's a full body of work that made that song.  

She has this kind of verbal/mental tick to generalize things in a sort of grandiose way, to where technically speaking they're true, but omit a lot of minuta behind what she really means. 

Like: I've never ridden a horse, I made out with Wade, this is the first song I've ever written.    There are elements of truth to it, if only in the specific way she means at that moment that she doesn't say out loud.  

She's rode a horse before, but riding post conservatorship feels like the first time, she made out with Wade but had an emotional affair that was deeper than she cares to admit, she wrote other songs but not in the total way she was involved with Everytime.  

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I think she also loses track of what she’s said too!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, kgid said:

Bingo. Just to piggyback a tiny bit, writing lyrics and arranging music will each earn a songwriting credit, typically, and I guess "Everytime" would've been the first time she felt responsible for both. It's why people like Walter Afanasieff show up in Mariah Carey liner notes for songwriting, for example, despite her notoriously writing all the words.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Mutya said:

Officially the first song she's ever written was I'm So Curious. 

I feel like she said that about Everytime because it was 100% her. Even though there's this other lady who is a co-writter, Britney relates more and is more proud of Everytime, a song that she wrote lyrically and composed the music herself.

Yeah, I guess it was I'm So Curious lol. I struggled to remember the exact name of the song. Thanks, sweetie 

37 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

That comment at the ABC special always confused me! I remember thinking "what about I'm So Curious, or Dear Diary, or all the songs from the Britney album??" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

yes!! exactly what I was like

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block