Which do you think is the TRUE comeback: Blackout or Circus?

The True Comeback:  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think her actual comeback was Blackout, although it MAY be the M+M's Tour, or for others, Circus

Additional discussion: The Post Photo is from Britney's 2007 birthday, and Idk why but for me, it just seems like it was a little bit depressing and she looked lonely... :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Circus of course. Fake or not, she did come back with a bang.  Blackoutney was a mess, I know some people wanna act like it was her bada.ss era but it definitely wasn’t if you actually followed her back then. 

Btw I saw the Circus tour live and she was very into it. Yeah she wasn’t DWADney but she was definitely into the show. Granted she thought the con was just temporary, but it’s not like it was such a bad era. 

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
  • Love 8

It was Blackout, sorry not sorry. She hadn’t put an album out in 4 years and it’s gotten more important accolades than Circus like being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame archives for being one of the most influential albums of all time. It’s still influential to this day.

Yeah Circus had two top 5 hits, but Blackout has gotten better recognition within the music industry. It’s highly respected and rightfully so. Nobody is out there being inspired by Circus lbr.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Everyone saying Blackout is only saying that because it’s theirs and her favorite album. However Circus is the true comeback. A comeback with a #1 album debut, #1 single, high selling tour, awards, and the classic Britney look. It was a commercial success 

So true but to me she  looked like a wax figure during the circus era  I mean something was off about here I didn’t like it 

don’t really like it, when they say.. the comeback :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

I’ve been here the whole time, y’know…

I’ve taken some time out for myself and y’know, I’ve been recording for a while :nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

I haven’t been completely in the spotlight but like I’ve been doing what I’ve always done..

LES GO :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

(but I voted for Blackout all quotes aside) :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:

Edited by femmef4toole
  • Like 4

Within the first 10 years of her career, she made 6 albums, released 1 remix album with new tracks, 2 Greatest Hits albums with new hits, 1 EP with her reality show... so basically, there was no comeback. She never left! 

But Blackout is the better album of the two if that's what you're asking. More critical claim at the time of its release and over 15 years later. 

• Love 3

What is this revision with majority votes being for Blackout? I'm a huge Blackout stan, but Circus was the era that put Britney back on the map. Unfortunately, Blackout was released at the most heated point of media scrutiny and ended up being shoved at the back; instead of triumphing over the media mess and re-establishing her as an artist. Circus did this job by earning her first top billboard in nearly 10 years and her fifth album to cross 500,000 sales in its first week, a feat not accomplished by 98% of artists. Most importantly, it kept her name musically relevant in the late 2000s and prevented her from being seen as a ''90s/noughties' relic at a time when people were terming her career as dead. Say what you want, but this era is the reason y'all can boast of the various records and hits that she bagged past her prime era. Especially when a hater tries to pass her off as an early 00s fad. 

Edited by Blackout2006
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block