Which do you think is the TRUE comeback: Blackout or Circus?

The True Comeback:  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Blackout! things didn't went the way Britney wanted, but it was her true comeback because it was her own personal project and her artistic vision. She didn't release anything in 4 years, until Blackout. We the fans were STARVING!!!!! 

Circus was the comeback of the popstar,  the image people had of Britney but not the real Britney.

Blackout is closer to who she really is, Messy, S*xy and Chaotic, a fire queen! A Sagittarius Queen! 

Edited by J45x

Blackout was her true comeback, but we weren't supposed to view it that way because it was the first time she slipped outside of the rigid control her managers, family, and team placed her in! So it had to be nullified for publicity and branding reasons, hence Circus.

• Like 3
On 1/12/2024 at 9:14 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Everyone saying Blackout is only saying that because it’s theirs and her favorite album. However Circus is the true comeback. A comeback with a #1 album debut, #1 single, high selling tour, awards, and the classic Britney look. It was a commercial success 

Blackout would’ve been number one if that stupid last minute rule change Billboard pulled wouldn’t have happened. I know they did it on purpose to **** with her and that’s a hill I’ll die on.

Also let’s not forget, Gimme More was number 3 on the BB Hot 100 and Piece of Me got Britney her first ever VMA’s.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
5 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Blackout would’ve been number one if that stupid last minute rule change Billboard pulled wouldn’t have happened. I know they did it on purpose to **** with her and that’s a hill I’ll die on.

Also let’s not forget, Gimme More was number 3 on the BB Hot 100 and Piece of Me got Britney her first ever VMA’s.

Correct but that was leading up to the Circus era. An era with a cheap music video for a debut, a cheap VMA performance, tabloid controversies, and an anime music video is not a comeback. Yes it was still successful, but Circus is the true comeback. It had a full era with better music videos than Blackout 

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

What is this revision with majority votes being for Blackout? I'm a huge Blackout stan, but Circus was the era that put Britney back on the map. Unfortunately, Blackout was released at the most heated point of media scrutiny and ended up being shoved at the back; instead of triumphing over the media mess and re-establishing her as an artist. Circus did this job by earning her first top billboard in nearly 10 years and her fifth album to cross 500,000 sales in its first week, a feat not accomplished by 98% of artists. Most importantly, it kept her name musically relevant in the late 2000s and prevented her from being seen as a ''90s/noughties' relic at a time when people were terming her career as dead. Say what you want, but this era is the reason y'all can boast of the various records and hits that she bagged past her prime era. Especially when a hater tries to pass her off as an early 00s fad. 

I’m sorry but you’re wrong. Blackout has been labeled by music critics and publications as one of THEE most influential albums of all time hence why it was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame’s archives. Blackout establishes Britney as an artist more than any other album because she executive produced it and she had control over it, hence establishing her as an artist.

Circus was all Team Con. Britney had little to zero creative control over Circus as much as Team Con tried to paint it otherwise. Plus Blackout had it’s own accolades one being the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, gaining Britney her first high charting song with Gimme More charting at number 3 before Circus came out, netting Britney her first ever VMA award with Piece of Me gaining all of the awards it was nominated for, her successful Vegas residency is named after Piece of Me, it’s influenced a lot of artists, etc. Nobody in the music industry has said that Circus influenced them that I know of.

Blackout had more impact on pop culture than Circus ever could. Blackout was the last time we got to see Britney the person and Britney the artist because once the con was put in place and Circus came out, it was all about Britney the business and brand. I’d rather have Britney the person and artist shine more than Britney the business and brand. The brand and business is fake, the artist and person is not.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Correct but that was leading up to the Circus era. An era with a cheap music video for a debut, a cheap VMA performance, tabloid controversies, and an anime music video is not a comeback. Yes it was still successful, but Circus is the true comeback. It had a full era with better music videos than Blackout 

When the Break The Ice music video was coming out, Britney was already being put on two 51/50 holds by her family and the con was already being drafted. We don’t know if Britney would’ve shot a video for Break The Ice or not. Plus Radar might’ve had more of an impact if it had been released off Blackout instead of Circus where it was treated as an afterthought.

The VMA performance didn’t go well because Britney said she was extremely nervous and she was having issues with everything leading up to it. Had she looked like she did in rehearsals with her hair looking like that, it might’ve been not as bad, not great, but not as bad. I got what she was trying to do with it by mirroring Elvis’s comeback performance since it did take certain parts of it, but that was overlooked by a lot of people.

Circus was the comeback of Britney the brand and business. She had little to zero creative control on it because she was in the con. Blackout was the true comeback of Britney the person and artist, plain and simple.

2 hours ago, Dcarp999 said:

Blackout was her true comeback, but we weren't supposed to view it that way because it was the first time she slipped outside of the rigid control her managers, family, and team placed her in! So it had to be nullified for publicity and branding reasons, hence Circus.

Exactly, Circus was the comeback of the manufactured image of Britney. Britney the brand and business. The Britney that was looked at as an industry puppet that did as she was told with no back talk.

Blackout was the true comeback of Britney being free from those oppressors.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

When the Break The Ice music video was coming out, Britney was already being put on two 51/50 holds by her family and the con was already being drafted. We don’t know if Britney would’ve shot a video for Break The Ice or not. Plus Radar might’ve had more of an impact if it had been released off Blackout instead of Circus where it was treated as an afterthought.

The VMA performance didn’t go well because Britney said she was extremely nervous and she was having issues with everything leading up to it. Had she looked like she did in rehearsals with her hair looking like that, it might’ve been not as bad, not great, but not as bad. I got what she was trying to do with it by mirroring Elvis’s comeback performance since it did take certain parts of it, but that was overlooked by a lot of people.

Circus was the comeback of Britney the brand and business. She had little to zero creative control on it because she was in the con. Blackout was the true comeback of Britney the person and artist, plain and simple.

Am I the only one who liked the Break The Ice video? I guess I;m biased cause I like anime :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The Femme Fatale said:

1 hour ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Exactly, Circus was the comeback of the manufactured image of Britney. Britney the brand and business. The Britney that was looked at as an industry puppet that did as she was told with no back talk.

Blackout was the true comeback of Britney being free from those oppressors.

Ok but we are talking about commercial success comeback. You guys are so focused on comeback from a personal life perspective. Her life was in shambles both eras but she was more successful during the Circus era thus a true professional comeback. We aren’t talking about personal life comeback 

5 hours ago, Marg said:

What was the change??:lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

I forgot the rule but it catered to The Eagles getting the number 1 debut over Britney, who debuted at number 2. I feel like the industry wanted her to not have success because it would show the narrative that Britney was successful on her own, so they were out to get her by sabotaging **** to make that happen. That’s a crazy conspiracy theory I know, but I just wouldn’t put it past all those people to make her not have any high career successes and that she needed the conservatorship to regain the success she had before 2007/2008.

Looking back and knowing what I know now, I feel every thing that was negative about Britney during that time was because of higher up people and a certain woman who shall remain nameless who puppeteered the whole thing. I just don’t trust anyone other than Britney when it comes to that time in her life because there were ulterior motives at play as it has been shown recently these past few years.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Ok but we are talking about commercial success comeback. You guys are so focused on comeback from a personal life perspective. Her life was in shambles both eras but she was more successful during the Circus era thus a true professional comeback. We aren’t talking about personal life comeback 

I think debuting at number 2 is still a pretty big career achievement along with having the lead single peak at number 3 when her highest charting songs since Baby peaked at number 9 (Oops and Toxic). Also the impact that this album had and still has on the music industry I think speaks volumes.

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The comeback was the end of the c. 

Blackout for sure. 

It was a Downspiral since the. 

Glory was her best work since blackout 

She also said that Glory is something she really put work into, and said that on an interview but that part was cut out cuz it mentioned the con.ship

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block