Do you think Britney will care that her fans are abandoning her en masse?

Is anyone else not that upset....

Im surprised by my response to this... I think i would rather her retire than have Manjobi and these little songs from nowhere with no music video, promotion or performaces.

Glad she's putting herself first and wish her the absolute best. She remains one of the most influential pop stars in the world and a legend ❤️

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

Is anyone else not that upset....

Im surprised by my response to this... I think i would rather her retire than have Manjobi and these little songs from nowhere with no music video, promotion or performaces.

Glad she's putting herself first and wish her the absolute best. She remains one of the most influential pop stars in the world and a legend ❤️

Yep. I’m low key relieved the rumors aren’t true because her heart is clearly not in it right now… and that’s ok. 

I believe she’ll release music eventually, people change. And when she does and she’s really passionate about it… it’ll be great and actually exciting to watch. Even if she doesn’t, that’s cool too, she deserves to be happy and free.

• Like 1

A true Britney fan would know that she has mental health struggles and often speaks out of anger. I don’t believe a fraction of what she says anymore. If she wishes to leave the industry, then I’ll still support her. She doesn’t owe anyone anything. She could be a little more tactful when she goes on her rants, but again, I understand that comes with her struggles and try to see it with empathy. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Now that Britney has announced she is officially FINISHED with music completely, and we know she/Cade trawl forums to see what’s being said, will the overwhelmingly NEGATIVE feedback from us loyal fans (7 years no album and still here like suckers) upset her in any way? :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

You're trying to coerce her or what? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Pabaroti1986 said:

Britney owes us nothing. She has given the world almost two decades of music.

Those that are acting dramatic and being negative clearly do NOT see the human in Britney.

Britney, just like you and I, is allowed to lose passion, show apathy, and feel disengaged about her artistry identity and simply be human.

Not to hijack this thread but this totally reminded me of...

Why are y'all leaving now? She's said she isn't doing music before, and why does she have to release new music for you to be a fan? She has a huge existing catalog.

after everything she has been through, you can't possibly expect her to just come back like nothing ever happened, she was abused for years, and it will take years for her to be remotely ok.

nobody knows what will happen, if she will change her mind or not, stop being so dramatic, and go live your own life instead of living vicariously through Britney.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Aymama said:

Lbr, most of us stick around just to make sure she’s doing okay. I think me and others realized a long time ago she would never return to music, at least in the same way. Hold me closer was and is still amazing and although manjobi is mostly trash I’m grateful for it! 

This and perhaps little scraps of music like you've said.  But having MYB as her last single  :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

3 minutes ago, FullCircle said:

Maybe this is all our fault because we didn't support Mind Your Business. Had it been a hit, maybe she'd be excited about making new music. 

It’s her 2nd worst song ever. It deserved to bomb. She didn’t even acknowledge it 

I don’t know I think her reaction was triggered and was angry at her team so she used some hard words to get to them. I still think that in a few years when she is healed she will release one final album for the fans and maybe a final stage performance to thank her fans and do a proper retirement show. 

I do think the reaction of the fans get to her cause she loves her fans. As she wrote herself “we are connected” and she cares. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block