Do you think Britney will care that her fans are abandoning her en masse?

Well... We love her as an artist and as a personality. As a person we don't really know her. If she is not releasing any new music we should leave her be.. i will always listen to her music. Us being hungry on her every move that's what put her through hell with the paparazzi at least. We all should respect her decision... Take a step back.. leave her be and when and if she decides to release any new material, be there if we like it.

• Like 2

"Why should I be sad" sorry why would she care? She's retired from the industry, what would she need fans for when she won't have anything to sell them. She's probably happy that the weirdo strangers who obsess about her life are moving on and won't be calling the cops to her house ever again lol 

Edited by Armchairrevolution
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Sigh... Idk y'all I have so many thoughts. But like honestly first & foremost this woman is traumatized by the industry & a lot of its moving parts as it was involved through her breakdown & cship. Imagine being a regular *** person in a small *** southern town w/ her family to experiencing what she has within the span of her career and her coming out of a bad situation w/ her family relationships strained or broken. Like I can almost imagine she may even felt like she didn't even win even if she got out of the cship because she was still alone & traumatized. We don't know what she was doing daily for herself in terms of therapy but she has spoken about getting that treatment. But it just goes to show the magnitude of what she went through to which she STILL has yet to really reveal EVERYTHING. 

Personally I hoped & still do that she is able to garner that power within herself to transmute all that anxiety, fear, anguish, RAGE into something beautiful & catherdic for her & would want to share it with her fans. I love that woman so much it makes me sad that she hasn't felt like she's won after all these years. I truly think she will return to doing what she loves when she's ready on her terms & we'll find out from her in some way. Sending healing to her always Sad Going Through It GIF by Bounce

• Love 1

I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I will always be. I love her work. In my opinion she can do whatever she wants and I’ll support and look at for new projects not just music. 
A big problem is people think Britney owes them something. She doesn’t owe us anything. She isn’t enslaved to us. 

• Love 1

I feel that we got upset because of the way the message was delivered. We all knew it was very likely to not have her perform or release music ever again but to get confirmation of it through an angry confusing and shady instagram post was hurtful to many fans. I think we all love and respect her and will always appreciate her legacy and the things she accomplished as one of the biggest popstars but some of us just wanted a nice farewell. A final thank you so we could have closure and let her go. To be forced to forget about her by that final angry post and an instagram shut off was painful, at least for me. I love Britney but I too feel the need to disconnect. Its sad to see how great things were at one point and how sour they´ve ended up. Anyway. Thank you britney from the bottom of my broken heart :P love you! <33

Guys, I don’t think there is anything wrong if some of us choose to stop being a fan of her right now. I myself have been a huge and very religious  fan for almost 20 years, but I think that when we are a fan of someone, we usually are a fan of an artist and their art, not of just some celebrity. If she chooses to focus only on her personal life or intimate relationships, and abandon her career and her art, then there’s nothing wrong with the people who stop following the artist ‘Britney Spears’. Human relationships always go both ways and there is nothing wrong with that. It will always still be her choice if she chooses to not make music for us anymore. I don’t mean that she should do a lot of promo, or exhausting world tours, but if she chooses to just abandon us, then it’s okay for us to “abandon” her. We will always love her though, it’s impossible not to :(

Edited by lucasmeyer
1 hour ago, ferref118 said:

I feel that we got upset because of the way the message was delivered. We all knew it was very likely to not have her perform or release music ever again but to get confirmation of it through an angry confusing and shady instagram post was hurtful to many fans. I think we all love and respect her and will always appreciate her legacy and the things she accomplished as one of the biggest popstars but some of us just wanted a nice farewell. A final thank you so we could have closure and let her go. To be forced to forget about her by that final angry post and an instagram shut off was painful, at least for me. I love Britney but I too feel the need to disconnect. Its sad to see how great things were at one point and how sour they´ve ended up. Anyway. Thank you britney from the bottom of my broken heart :P love you! <33

You said it all. The way the message was delivered was also very painful for me. I am devastated and I also feel the need to disconnect 

Edited by lucasmeyer
  • Love 1

People have to realize that singer/performer is a job.
No matter how emotional-invested you are, they're not your friends. (Taylor said hi)
They're not obligated to fulfill one's fantasy bacause one had absessed and worshiped they online. Vice versa.
You pay money for your prodcuts (either it's music/performance etc.) and that's it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block