BABYMONSTER Debuts As The First YG Girl Group In 7 Years

stanLOONA

BABYMONSTER is the new girl group of YG Entertainment, the first since BLACKPINK (2016-present) and the fourth since Swi.T (2002-2004) and 2NE1 (2009-2016).

The group debuted with their digital single "BATTER UP" with members Ruka (21), Pharita (18), Asa (17), Rami (16), Rora (15) and Chiquita (14). Seventh member Ahyeon (16) took an unexpected hiatus due to health reasons.

The group was teased at the end of last year and starting in January 2023, it was introduced through LAST EVALUATION, a reality show on YouTube showing their pre-debut process. At the time, no fixed number of members was announced, as the final members would be revealed at the end of the show. It was revealed that all 7 trainees will debut as BABYMONSTER.

• Super Mods

I'm not one bit comfortable with this trend of kpop agencies debuting girls as young as 14....this should be illegal im sorry. God knows whats happening behind the scenes knowing how sick music industry is from east to west. 

Side note: do they intentionally make the music more basic and shi**y with each new generation of girl and boy groups? 

Compare this to 2NE1, YG's OG girl group, or even to some best songs by Blackpink. Genuinely embarrassing. 

I need to know who kidnapped YG's producers and management and replaced them with brainless morons who have no idea what good music is at this point lol

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

I'm not one bit comfortable with this trend of kpop agencies debuting girls as young as 14....this should be illegal im sorry. God knows whats happening behind the scenes knowing how sick music industry is from east to west. 

Side note: do they intentionally make the music more basic and shi**y with each new generation of girl and boy groups? 

Compare this to 2NE1, YG's OG girl group, or even to some best songs by Blackpink. Genuinely embarrassing. 

I need to know who kidnapped YG's producers and management and replaced them with brainless morons who have no idea what good music is at this point lol

Basically the CEO is back and full in charge again. And Teddy wasn't involved for the first time in a girl group song. He produced/composed basically 2NE1 and BLACKPINK's discography (also the solos), that's why the GP said BLACKPINK was a 2NE1 2.0. "Forever Young" was indeed a 2NE1 cut.

Rumors are saying that their comeback in January is their actual debut but was shelved because of the member hiatus. IDK if Teddy is involve in that or would be involve with them because rumors also say his label is preparing a girl group.

• Super Mods
4 minutes ago, stanLOONA said:

Basically the CEO is back and full in charge again. And Teddy wasn't involved for the first time in a girl group song. He produced/composed basically 2NE1 and BLACKPINK's discography (also the solos), that's why the GP said BLACKPINK was a 2NE1 2.0. "Forever Young" was indeed a 2NE1 cut.

Rumors are saying that their comeback in January is their actual debut but was shelved because of the member hiatus. IDK if Teddy is involve in that or would be involve with them because rumors also say his label is preparing a girl group.

I would die if 2NE1 reunited under Teddy's label and showed everyone how it's done tbh. We need 2nd gen kpop back and we need it back immediately.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

I would die if 2NE1 reunited under Teddy's label and showed everyone how it's done tbh. We need 2nd gen kpop back and we need it back immediately.

That will never happen unless The Black Label leaves YG or YG himself leaves the company. I really hoped they would release something outside YG.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 11/28/2023 at 10:19 AM, itswwasheem***** said:

No one I mean NO ONE in the K-pop industry had the energy and the charisma 2NE1 had and still have

I swear! I attended one of their concerts back when they were the #1 kpop girl group and OH MY GOD. The energy they executed, the way they dominate the stage, the way every single member would shine in their own way, they were mindblowing. The fact YG actually went ahead and forcibly disbanded THE girl group of kpop was actually mindblowing. Legit one of the most stupid business decisions entirely based on an ego of a single man. How is YG one of the top 3 is confusing to me. 

Imagine if he renewed 2ne1, handled the Park Bom scandal properly, and debuted Blackpink. They would have 2 strongest kpop girl groups in the industry. But he was too dumb for that.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block