Would the original "Fired Up" have been Jessica Simpson's biggest hit?

14 hours ago, Y2Gay jordeezy said:

Before "Gimme More" leaked online, we 2000s gays were obsessed with Jessica's scrapped, then released dubbed with whispering, "Fired Up". This should have been a huge hit if it had been released in 2005. Do you still bop to this song? 

No it wouldnt, it  sounded desperate back then as it sounds now.

This sounds never matched Jessica vibe at all and was just a pushy attempt to be "****"

Also it was not original at all. It was the generic sound of all Scott Storch produced songs.

Its from the same batch like Paris Hilton songs "Turn You On" and "Turn It UP"

44 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

Interesting fact, but I also remember the album being rumored to be called “…And The Band Played On” with “Swing With Me” being the lead single.  Apparently it didn’t perform well at first and they went with “A Public Affair” instead.

Christina Aguilera would later go on to be influenced by Swing With Me when recording the soundtrack to her film debut Burlesque! 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Ehju0901 said:

Interesting fact, but I also remember the album being rumored to be called “…And The Band Played On” with “Swing With Me” being the lead single.  Apparently it didn’t perform well at first and they went with “A Public Affair” instead.

I have ZERO memory of "swing with me" being released before "A Public Affair"... only the fact that the 2nd single "I Belong To Me" was a bonus track and 2nd single which kinda ruined the era. 

6 hours ago, Y2Gay jordeezy said:

I have ZERO memory of "swing with me" being released before "A Public Affair"... only the fact that the 2nd single "I Belong To Me" was a bonus track and 2nd single which kinda ruined the era. 

It wasn’t officially released.  It was one of the songs that was sent out to be tested.  It was included on a website where you would hear a 30 second clip of an “anonymous” artist and rate it.  Record labels used to use it to see how the general public reacted to their artists’ new music before actually putting money into releasing it.

• Like 1
On 11/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, princessmimi said:

Yeah.

Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to buy CDs of mainstream music as a kid unless they were kid friendly or Disney popstars due to my religious upbringing.

I only knew about Jessica and Ashlee cause I used to go behind my mom's back and watch their reality shows on MTV as a kid lol :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

The Ashlee Simpson show had a grip on me :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block