RollingStone: Britney’s Memoir Is Incomplete — But Powerful

Britney Spears‘ wrenching new memoir, The Woman in Me, is a classic celebrity tell-all — but she doesn’t quite tell all. There’s not a word in there about the recording her classic second album, Oops!… I Did It Again. Later, she mentions one of her greatest songs, “Toxic,” but again, there’s nothing about the process behind the track.

MEGAPHONE.LINK

Britney Spears' 'The Woman In Me' is one of the most wrenching music memoirs ever. We take a deep look at its revelations

In the section about Spears’ lip-locked 2003 VMAs appearance with Madonna, Christina Aguilera — who, lest we forget, was also there —  is written out of the performance altogether. And Spears never says anything at all about Sam Lufti, the controversial figure who served as her manager right before the 13-year nightmare of her conservatorship began. (Spears reportedly hinted in a deleted Instagram post that a second volume of the book will eventually arrive, which might fill in some of the gaps.)

In the new episode of Rolling Stone Music Now, Brittany Spanos and Rob Sheffield join host Brian Hiatt to discuss the book’s narrative gaps and most stunning revelations, as well as its effect on Justin Timberlake’s reputation and much more. For the full discussion, go here for the podcast provider of your choice, listen on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, or just press play above.

ARTICLE:

WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

We look at the highs and lows of Britney Spears' bestselling memoir, 'The Woman in Me'

Edited by Neydelinska Spearsi
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, caliboy84 said:

I get the feeling vol 2 will be about music/tours and creative processes. 

Good. I'd be a fly on the wall to hear her side about unreleased Original doll sessions and scrapped B10. And the original B9.

Also the fact how cheap her team was for costumes and tours.

And I wonder who picked the singles and final tracklists.

Oh and I'd sell my non existent balls to know what are her thoughts about the entire Hold It Against Me because I just feel she hates it. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

What a dumb way to criticize something. She did talked a million times about Oops I did it again recording and making the music video process? Do you want her to tell why she loves red leather for 20 pages? That’s a boring criticism.

AGREED

I'm more for everything from 2005 onwards. Now that's where the juice hides.

• Haha 1
  • Like 5
15 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Book was announced by the Publisher not by word salad captions. 

But 6 months ago you didn't believe the book was coming either

The publisher never announced anything before June this year

We knew it was coming because of an article and because of Britney's captions

Edited by Applejack
  • Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block