Taylor Swift releases ‘1989’ (Taylor’s Version)

I honestly thought I was one of the few people who didn’t enjoy the from the vault tracks. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

So much hype and wait for this era and basically zero promotion, no music video, less from the vault tracks and probably the worst songs out of the batch. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

She needs to step away from Jack honestly. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 5

I heard the new versions and not a big fan of it,  also not a big fan of her to be honest,  but 1989  is an amazing pop album which I love, new versions doesn't sound as good as originals and the new tracks are forgettable and basically her typical style of songs. Always the same.

The original track-listing of the album works perfectly, no need to add some monotonous b-sides, so I'm keeping my original 1989 in my music library.

OK, moving on ...

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Isn’t that a good thing :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Well yeah but also at the same time,

If she sounds the same, I mean you can listen to the original album instead.

Irregardless I probably will still listen to this re-recording cause I do love her music.

I just wonder why she re-records albums that haven't even been a decade old, thats all.

7 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

As for the vault tracks, I have only listened to "Sl-t!", and I liked how 80s it sounded. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: I've seen so many comments saying the vault tracks are giving "Midnights" rejects, and I would honestly not be surprised – in fact, I suspected some of the "Red" vault tracks were written recently too. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: Also, I still haven't listened to "Speak Now (TV)". :eyes_britney_laugh:

Hmm I don't think that's the case with Red. I did read rumours/theories the new verses in the 10 minute version of All Too Well were written in 2021 which sound pretty plausible imo. The rest of the songs were all written during the initial recording sessions for the album, I saw a thread on the subreddit ages ago with the timeline of the recording of the album :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Better Man and Babe were also recorded by other artists too as they originally did not make the album. 

Also please listen to Speak Now TV!!! The vault songs are amazing especially I Can See You.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, aleomg said:

I honestly thought I was one of the few people who didn’t enjoy the from the vault tracks. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

So much hype and wait for this era and basically zero promotion, no music video, less from the vault tracks and probably the worst songs out of the batch. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

She needs to step away from Jack honestly. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

There might be a music video, the videos for I Can See You/I Bet You Think About Me came out a bit later. I'm still pissed none of the vault songs from Fearless TV got a music video. And while I do like Jack's work with her, Max Martin is superior imo. 

Edited by Isla

The vault songs are cute, but yeah... I can see why they were left off the album in the first place, they're pretty inferior compared to the main album. I mean they're not BAD but I was expecting some bangers and at least one standout song that sounds like it could be a single (a bit like Mr Perfectly Fine from Fearless TV, I Can See You from Speak Now TV and Message In a Bottle from Red TV)

I was expecting $lut to be a quirky uptempo similar to Blank Space/Look What You Made Me Do, was not expecting the dreamy midtempo 80s influenced production. It's nice though. Now That We Don't Talk sounds unfinished as if there's supposed to be an extra chorus. Is It Over Now is probably my favourite out of the vault songs. Again, they're nice songs but not super amazing. 

Also I'm listening to Style TV right now and :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: is it bad I really don't like the production on this one and may stick to listening to the OG version? Please don't kill me for saying that lol... it's just disappointing as Style is one of my fave Taylor songs....

• Love 1
17 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Is there a reason why she keeps re-recording her albums even some that aren’t even a decade old?

I mean yes I know she started doing them cause she had no ownership over her masters but now it seems like she’s doing it cause she knows she’ll get money off of it and frankly the recordings of the original albums are MUCH BETTER than the re-recordings.

idk if it’s the quality of the production or whatever but her voice literally sounds the same in them. The re-recordings however  are not as good as the original versions in my opinion.

What is the point of all of this? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Basically money. Disguised as ownership of masters. Though I'm sure it's maybe 30% that. But 70% would be money. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Is there a reason why she keeps re-recording her albums even some that aren’t even a decade old?

I mean yes I know she started doing them cause she had no ownership over her masters but now it seems like she’s doing it cause she knows she’ll get money off of it and frankly the recordings of the original albums are MUCH BETTER than the re-recordings.

idk if it’s the quality of the production or whatever but her voice literally sounds the same in them. The re-recordings however  are not as good as the original versions in my opinion.

What is the point of all of this? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Also, it's all about chart stats. She wants to say that she has X number one albums. And that X albums sold over X records in the first week. It's all about cementing herself in the history books in years to come. In 10 years from now nobody is really going to remember the rerecordings. But when she is performing on the X Factor or whatever show they have in the future, they will introduce her with all of the accomplishments and I'll be able to say "847292 number one albums, 387272 weeks at #1 , 817279 top 10 singles. 2028477281 hot 100 hits.". But they don't mention "826 of those albums are rerecordings.  So basically it's just studying the charts and using it to your advantage. Not illegal obviously, but I really do think it is a bad look. Not that she would seem to care because like I said,  in 10 years from now none of this is going to matter. And her name will be cemented in the history books.  Other artists can do this as well but they don't care and they have a life. She doesn't seem to have a life. She keeps chasing chart success. I get she's huge and doesn't want to stop but like... Go and rest. Ride a bike or something.

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, AII said:

Also, it's all about chart stats. She wants to say that she has X number one albums. And that X albums sold over X records in the first week. It's all about cementing herself in the history books in years to come. In 10 years from now nobody is really going to remember the rerecordings. But when she is performing on the X Factor or whatever show they have in the future, they will introduce her with all of the accomplishments and I'll be able to say "847292 number one albums, 387272 weeks at #1 , 817279 top 10 singles. 2028477281 hot 100 hits.". But they don't mention "826 of those albums are rerecordings.  So basically it's just studying the charts and using it to your advantage. Not illegal obviously, but I really do think it is a bad look. Not that she would seem to care because like I said,  in 10 years from now none of this is going to matter. And her name will be cemented in the history books.  Other artists can do this as well but they don't care and they have a life. She doesn't seem to have a life. She keeps chasing chart success. I get she's huge and doesn't want to stop but like... Go and rest. Ride a bike or something.

Wow you do make a great point.

Maybe her thirst for success on the charts and music industry is probably why her relationships never last.

I mean how can someone have a long lasting relationship or even marriage if their priority is mainly work?

• Like 1
Just now, princessmimi said:

Wow you do make a great point.

Maybe her thirst for success on the charts and music industry is probably why her relationships never last.

I mean how can someone have a long lasting relationship or even marriage if their priority is mainly work?

I think that plays a part of it, but I also think she has a very annoying personality and I don't think it's a sweet as she makes it seem in the public eye.  I think behind closed doors. What we don't see is the bad side because nobody is actually that genuinely happy all the time even though she tries to portray that image. I do like a music but over the years I've started to not like her as a person more and more. I feel like I've grown up as a person and she hasn't which comes across as fake to me. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, AII said:

I think that plays a part of it, but I also think she has a very annoying personality and I don't think it's a sweet as she makes it seem in the public eye.  I think behind closed doors. What we don't see is the bad side because nobody is actually that genuinely happy all the time even though she tries to portray that image. I do like a music but over the years I've started to not like her as a person more and more. I feel like I've grown up as a person and she hasn't which comes across as fake to me. 

Yeah she seems high maintenance and dramatic.

I always thought that the way she acted in the Blank Space video was her true personality.

No one is THAT good at acting especially her.

Just saying.  :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block