Taylor Swift releases ‘1989’ (Taylor’s Version)

20 hours ago, Isla said:

The vault songs are cute, but yeah... I can see why they were left off the album in the first place, they're pretty inferior compared to the main album. I mean they're not BAD but I was expecting some bangers and at least one standout song that sounds like it could be a single (a bit like Mr Perfectly Fine from Fearless TV, I Can See You from Speak Now TV and Message In a Bottle from Red TV)

I was expecting $lut to be a quirky uptempo similar to Blank Space/Look What You Made Me Do, was not expecting the dreamy midtempo 80s influenced production. It's nice though. Now That We Don't Talk sounds unfinished as if there's supposed to be an extra chorus. Is It Over Now is probably my favourite out of the vault songs. Again, they're nice songs but not super amazing. 

Also I'm listening to Style TV right now and :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: is it bad I really don't like the production on this one and may stick to listening to the OG version? Please don't kill me for saying that lol... it's just disappointing as Style is one of my fave Taylor songs....

I was disappointed with the remakes. Felt the production was lower than the original. But yet again the original songs were Max Martin perfection so I am not sure how they could be made better.

The Vaultsongs are so good though! I am so happy with every song :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff: I expected sl** to be different but I still liked what she delivered. 

• Love 1

I've listened to a few more songs, Clean TV is PERFECT and the Bad Blood remix sounds good, but not the solo version which is weird cause I've always kinda preferred the solo version for some reason. The production on some of these isn't hitting as hard as the OG versions imo.

Also my physical copies finally arrived today :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: the rose garden vinyl is stunning. The cassette is also green on one side and yellow on the other.

Honestly, the production of this re-recording screams "Glee Cover" to me. 1989 is one of my favourite albums, and I felt a bit disappointed in the production of this album. While previous re-recordings sounded similar to the original, this one feels off.

For the vault tracks, there's not one where I wanted to play over again. To me, it seems that the intention of re-recordings have become more of a cash grab at this point. The real disappointment has to be "New Romantics," that seems like a different creature. On the plus side, I did enjoy "You Are In Love".

But since there are two albums left to re-record, we can only wait and see what are the end results. Anyway, I'll be getting my CD out and play the original versions... We'll always have the 2014 recordings and its spectacular concert

08lKwk.gif

• Like 1

I understand the idea of re-recordings etc., but for me it's pointless. There's ZERO of the same magic in Blank Space or the other smash hits from this album. Everybody will stream the original versions anyway. It's done well (i didint hear the vault tracks, because im not TS fan, i like only the singles from 1989) but Shake It Off its not that Shake It Off. It's impossible to recreate it. People will buy it (it has sold already 1m+ copies), but when they would like to listen to Style, they will choose 2015 version. Smartly (with the biggest tour of all times) she choose this album right now to rerecord. People will not be that excited for Reputation and debut that are still to re-do.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block