Taylor Swift releases ‘1989’ (Taylor’s Version)

Disappointed is an understatement. Quality control issues aside, 1989 is known for its pop bible caliber bangers. Nothing about these vault tracks is that. They should have stayed in the vault.

I can’t believe how anticipated this was :orangu_orangutan_ape: Still holding out hope for the double album

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Disappointed. The mixing is a bit odd for me. 
And the vault tracks are very b-side-y. Can't believe they hyped "sl**!" so much and it turn out to be a mellow song.
(and also the capitalism. I thought re-recording is supposed to be meaningful, not money grab)

Edited by nux1989
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I’m listening in order and I hope the vault tracks are good because I need a cleanser for all the butchering I’m going through :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Just like all her versions, the songs sound like cover versions like when you're in an Asian restaurant and then a song comes on that you know, but it's sung by a local Asian singer that you've never heard of before and it just sounds really weak and cheap . 😫

• Haha 8
  • Super Mods

Is there a reason why she keeps re-recording her albums even some that aren’t even a decade old?

I mean yes I know she started doing them cause she had no ownership over her masters but now it seems like she’s doing it cause she knows she’ll get money off of it and frankly the recordings of the original albums are MUCH BETTER than the re-recordings.

idk if it’s the quality of the production or whatever but her voice literally sounds the same in them. The re-recordings however  are not as good as the original versions in my opinion.

What is the point of all of this? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Is there a reason why she keeps re-recording her albums even some that aren’t even a decade old?

I mean yes I know she started doing them cause she had no ownership over her masters but now it seems like she’s doing it cause she knows she’ll get money off of it and frankly the recordings of the original albums are MUCH BETTER than the re-recordings.

idk if it’s the quality of the production or whatever but her voice literally sounds the same in them. The re-recordings however  are not as good as the original versions in my opinion.

to get her masters back

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

In all honesty what do you expect? Re-recording Pop perfection is a fight you'll always lose. It's about the masters and for the older albums I gotta say, they are far more enjoyable with the grown up and trained voice from now.

• Love 2

I don't know how I'm going to feel about "Reputation (TV)" when it's out because it's the album I've listened to the most, but I'm glad I hadn't really been listening to "Red" or "1989" that much prior to the release of their respective rerecordings because they sound completely fine to me. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: "Clean", "Style", and "Blank Space" sound a little off, but not enough for me to be bothered by it. "I Know Places" sounded off at first, but her growling, "AND WE RUN," immediately made it better than the original in my eyes. :bouncey: My favorite song – "You Are in Love" – actually sounds better to me because of how prominent the synth is during the chorus now. The bridge was definitely weaker, but the rest was *chef's kiss*. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: If anything, this rerecording just made me realize how meh "1989" actually is. I mean, it's a good album, but there's a lot of so-so songs on it. :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

Edited by i sometimes sing live
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

As for the vault tracks, I have only listened to "Sl-t!", and I liked how 80s it sounded. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: I've seen so many comments saying the vault tracks are giving "Midnights" rejects, and I would honestly not be surprised – in fact, I suspected some of the "Red" vault tracks were written recently too. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: Also, I still haven't listened to "Speak Now (TV)". :eyes_britney_laugh:

Edited by i sometimes sing live

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block