‘Crossroads’ Director Talks Streaming Rights & Potential Sequel

Cqleb

• Content Curators

Following its brief theatrical run this week, Davis anticipates a streaming release soon after. “I think that’s what they’re going to work on now, is getting a streaming deal. I’m sure we will. They’re dealing with offers now,” Davis said. “I had just seen it” I forget how many years ago at a London film festival, and it was insane. The theater was crowded. People were singing along and I was like, this film is really important [and] should be available.”

Crossroads was penned by a pre-Grey’s Anatomy Shonda Rhimes, and even though the showrunner is busy with other projects within her Shondaland, Davis admits Rhimes had “an idea” for a potential sequel, and that Spears’ team is at least looped into the conversation.

“I’m currently working with Van Toffler, who was the producer on it, and he’s [mentioned it]. I think he’s been talking to Britney about it, with her management,” Davis said. “Britney, I don’t think she really wants to act so much, but I know Ann spoke to Shonda about something, and Shonda had an idea, so who knows if that will have life. But if it does, fingers crossed that Shonda’s involved because she’s just so brilliant. You could see on her first feature film what an incredible voice she had and her understanding of female characters.”

WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

The director of the Britney Spears-starring 'Crossroads' discussed a potential sequel and eventual...

• Love 5
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Fab britney said:

Britney would never do a sequel and honestly it’s not necessary but I’d love to see it succeed on streaming 

Agree.

It wouldn't be the same if they did do a sequel especially after all this time.

However I do think that Crossroads should be on streaming services cause the new generation should know about this movie.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Agree.

It wouldn't be the same if they did do a sequel especially after all this time.

However I do think that Crossroads should be on streaming services cause the new generation should know about this movie.

yes I agree, there is beauty in this film, Britney is beautiful, touching, fragile, strong, ****, and true in crossroads, and the new generation must see that :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
26 minutes ago, Agyness said:

yes I agree, there is beauty in this film, Britney is beautiful, touching, fragile, strong, ****, and true in crossroads, and the new generation must see that :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Exactly.

They only know about Britney based on what the media tells them,

they need to see the Britney we all grew up loving and the one that became a huge global popstar.

• Love 2

I could see a sequel working. Didn’t the girls bury the box again to be dug up in 20 years? Anywho, i think it would be a great experience for Britney. Both cast members love Brit and have stayed true to her in every interview since. It would be a good environment as all ladies love each other. However, Brit doesn’t trust the business and doesn’t want to work. Plus it would be double the work load. Lucy would need new bops to write in her poetry book. shocked whitney houston GIF

Edited by Donavan Ward
  • Love 2

It’s about time this movie hits a streaming service. I would imagine once Britney signs off on it to be streamed she’ll make money off it… I hope. 

a sequel is not needed unless it’s more a darker tone but I only watched it when it came out cus Britney was in it. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block