New Britney Insta Story: "Day 1 of fasting. Just water"

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Yeah it’s east to equate not eating with starving since they go hand in hand. The human body is remarkably resilient and the metabolic benefits are worth it for many but it can be tricky business for people who struggle with disordered eating. 

True.

Its fascinating what the human body can endure, 

it is truly resilient. 

• Like 1

Fasting has health benefits, but as with everything regarding health, it depends on a variety of factors. It does benefit metabolism and some pathways, since it activates certain enzymes and catabolic processes  that trigger significant changes in patients with specific issues, BUT it might affect someone whose adrenals are not well nourished and cortisol is off the charts. It can also affect thyroid patients and certain types of anxiety. Research is mostly done in males and murine models, which does not discard the knowledge, but mkes it significantly limited about how female and male bodies, are affected differently.  Little to nothing is known on how it affects females and the complex hormonal interactions at play within a woman's body.

Also, with her, who knows. She seems to have been so abused about her weight and image that her relationship with her.body and.with food is contentious, to say the least. Fasting might not be the best strategy for an individual with those characteristics.

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 5
  • Like 2

Oh wow I’d love to have the self discipline to be able to do this, I’ve tried it so many times but can only go around 18 hours (including overnight sleep). I just don’t have the willpower, plus due to a few medications I’m on it can start to make me feel seriously ill having them on an empty stomach. 

I’ve heard it can be so beneficial though! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dama Etro said:

Oh my god the people in this thread who do not understand the concept of fasting are really scaring me. How dense can you be? :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

It's not not understanding the concept of fasting, it's thinking that it's wrong. Water fasting may have some benefits but it also has risks. It's not something that all doctors and scientists agree with. There are also lots of doctors who say that it can be dangerous and can cause permanent/semi-permanent damage.

2 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

I don't think she does half the things she writes lol

But i'd like to know why she writes things like that...

More and more It seems to me Britney wants to simply shock. I don't know if her content being so "exotic" is just a coincidence, an accident. 

She’s just being herself 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block