Britney reportedly negotiating ‘giant’ album deal with Sony

1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I don’t underestimate her. I just know that the general public is not a fan of her right now. She couldn’t even be bothered to record the audiobook for her book. No label is going to invest in her right now. She’s a liability. Labels don’t make money from album sales anymore. The money is made through 360 deals, and she’s clearly not performing anytime soon, or promoting anything. 

Really? If she promote the album as personal and sit down for an interview to discuss some drama the album will be hit. Everyone is into the gossip and she is currently the most talk about popstar at the moment. So yeah everyone will be buying and watching XD

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

I mean each day her brand losing it's value. Especially her IG posts not helping at all and that AI mess with Will I.flop definitely was final nail in the coffin.

Top of that there is a big current smear campaign by TMZ and alike trashy channels. So I honestly don't think labels will be there for her with big budgets. They won't invest her like that much money.

In 2007 Gimme more was released not long after she shaved her head. Blackout also did quite well. Britney has always been a controversial artist. Even in 2001 when slave was released she was receiving backlash for her **** image. The last time Britney released an album with a squeaky clean image was probably baby one more time.

Going back to 2007, some say the events in her life at the time matched the theme and darkness of the album.

I think if she releases some angry moody music within a great beat/melody and it authentic then it will be a hit.

the music that may flop is a bubblegum sound from her.

• Like 8

She should enjoy her newfound freedom as much. If she really must work, a lot of the technology nowadays would help her. I bet some producers could come up with songs where they could be altered and generated with AI. Music videos, live performances, and photoshoots could be done using her younger face too. Fans would eat that up and Sony would be happy.

• Haha 9
  • Super Mods
On 8/26/2023 at 4:50 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s funny because if you search artists signed to Sony, Britney already shows up :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

yep, because RCA is a Sony subunit. However they don't get the budget that Sony as a main label gets, so if Britney crosses over to Sony the main label, she will get a lot of money and creative freedom :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1

Calling BS. Albums haven't been a thing for a while now. Even Larry said albums are over and it's just about singles.

Even the payola stations are now playing a lot of old hits in their schedule. 

15-20 years ago an artist would release 4-5 songs every 3 months and then the album could come out halfway in-between that or at the end to maximise sales. Now we just see the album released digitally and maybe 1-2 singles quickly follow. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, Showreel Channel said:

In 2007 Gimme more was released not long after she shaved her head. Blackout also did quite well. Britney has always been a controversial artist. Even in 2001 when slave was released she was receiving backlash for her **** image. The last time Britney released an album with a squeaky clean image was probably baby one more time.

Going back to 2007, some say the events in her life at the time matched the theme and darkness of the album.

I think if she releases some angry moody music within a great beat/melody and it authentic then it will be a hit.

And Gimme More remains one of her most streamed songs of all time 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, itsjames said:

She should enjoy her newfound freedom as much. If she really must work, a lot of the technology nowadays would help her. I bet some producers could come up with songs where they could be altered and generated with AI. Music videos, live performances, and photoshoots could be done using her younger face too. Fans would eat that up and Sony would be happy.

Considering the reaction to the AI covers posted on here I think not. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, itsjames said:

this is the worst idea i have ever seen in my life :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, Showreel Channel said:

You have a great point which is, it all comes down to great music. I want a solid album that gets great critical reviews like blackout. Then, the cherry on top will be great promotion and high sales. But what I really want is great music!

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block