What Song Should Britney Never Perform Again?

On 8/25/2023 at 1:10 AM, troubleforyou said:

Wow you guys are so odd.

Britney’s hits are her legacy. If she wants to sell tickets, she needs them. Just remix them.

The songs that were autobiographical back then, don’t need to be scrapped now because their lyrics don’t chime correct any more. They represent a capture of a moment in time.

So she shouldn’t perform Womanizer now if she guy she’s dating isn’t a Womanizer?

She shouldn’t perform Piece of Me on a day she’s not really that annoyed by the paps?

No Criminal? If her next partner is a saint? Or she’s single?!

Madonna shouldn’t sing Celebration if she’s in a bad mood?

Miley shouldn’t sing Wrecking Ball if she is feeling super content?!

My point is, INAGNYAW is more than able to be in concert today. It’s her most beautiful and melodic ballad. Who cares if it’s not relevant lyrically today, it was, once.

Slave is an incredible song. It deserves a place on the set list. Who cares if being a slave to a guy isn’t a tasteful lyric today. When you watch that music video, you can see the irony of the lyric. She is so ***ually empowered that she’s not a slave to anyone!

IMO the thread should be identifying songs that either fall flat in an arena, or are just bad songs.

Big up to the contributors who have named Ooh La La, Pretty Girls, MYB, Alien, Perfume etc.

But those who have chastised MATM?! Hand in your stan cards pls bye x

Normally yes, however all fans have mostly had are just the hits, even when she's released new albums only a few of the songs are in the shows.

Most fans are tired of Oops and BOMT and Slave ect. 

• Love 1
On 8/25/2023 at 8:10 AM, troubleforyou said:

Wow you guys are so odd.

Britney’s hits are her legacy. If she wants to sell tickets, she needs them. Just remix them.

The songs that were autobiographical back then, don’t need to be scrapped now because their lyrics don’t chime correct any more. They represent a capture of a moment in time.

So she shouldn’t perform Womanizer now if she guy she’s dating isn’t a Womanizer?

She shouldn’t perform Piece of Me on a day she’s not really that annoyed by the paps?

No Criminal? If her next partner is a saint? Or she’s single?!

Madonna shouldn’t sing Celebration if she’s in a bad mood?

Miley shouldn’t sing Wrecking Ball if she is feeling super content?!

My point is, INAGNYAW is more than able to be in concert today. It’s her most beautiful and melodic ballad. Who cares if it’s not relevant lyrically today, it was, once.

Slave is an incredible song. It deserves a place on the set list. Who cares if being a slave to a guy isn’t a tasteful lyric today. When you watch that music video, you can see the irony of the lyric. She is so ***ually empowered that she’s not a slave to anyone!

IMO the thread should be identifying songs that either fall flat in an arena, or are just bad songs.

Big up to the contributors who have named Ooh La La, Pretty Girls, MYB, Alien, Perfume etc.

But those who have chastised MATM?! Hand in your stan cards pls bye x

all of them examples are a bit different from Britney in her 40s singing 'im not a girl not yet a woman'. Some songs just dont make sense to sing when the artist is 20 years older and in their 40s. and it just doesnt make sense at 42 to be singing 'all  i need is time, a moment that is mine, while im in between'......because shes almost middle aged now. All of the songs you've mentioned isnt that personal if you know what i mean, im trying to think how to explain what i mean. Like Womanizer and Criminal doesnt have to be specifically about a guy shes currently dating , it can be just a general song  about dating bad guys and she can sing them til shes old [in fact tbh Britney has never even dated a criminal lol], same with piece of me. INAGNYAW was specifically about a period of time where she was growing into a woman and to sing it in her  40s just wouldnt make sense

does anyone else know what i mean?? Im finding it hard to explain

• Like 1

Slave 4 U because the lyric “always saying little girl don’t step into the club” unless she updates it to fit with her current age.

Also I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman. There’s no way to update that song. Granted she hasn’t performed it in years so I’m not worried.

Forgot Britney’s most favorite song, Sometimes! She burned that song on the Onyx Hotel Tour, but she should never consider performing it again. I’ve grown to like that song, but the lyrics are really cheesy.

Also, even though I like it, I gotta say Born To Make You Happy. It just sounds bad that your existence is only to make someone happy, which she’s done for her family during the con.

Edited by Blackout SZN
Forgot two songs

Work ******, definitely. A complete lack of respect from day 1. At least I always understood the reality of what was happening at the time, and it was a message from her handlers to laugh at the public, boasting of the power they had over her, believing themselves to be omnipotent.

Edited by weregood

U guys trying to get rid of Baby and Oops. Not only they are one of the most defining songs of 00's, but also one of her biggest hits and pop masterpieces musically and culturally. They are also endlessly remixable and part of her heritage. Show some respect.

Nene Leakes GIF

Personally I would be fine without:

3, Circus, IYSA, DWCO

But most of all I want some good remixes, because most of them was soo bad. Like in POM Baby so high pitched, unbelievable.

Edited by la_land
11 hours ago, TenTen said:

But she doesn't "perform" Alien. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: she is sitting and lipsyncing.

I agree with that. I felt like (but obviously I don’t know) that Britney liked the song so instead of actually putting it out there with production the team just said “well then here’s what you get” and set her up for failure. But considering the album it’s on who knows. It seemed to me at POM the team just wanted the hits.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block