Britney was ALWAYS quirky and a little bit different

We saw her in chaotic. It was chaotic but also fun. After cship happened and being cencored for so many years and also lithium and her family and kids being biggest fks towards her it is a miracle girl is still functioning and making some weird videos and rants on instagramm r really not a problem. Problem is she wakes up everyday and lives her life but there is always some1 who has opinion about what she should show, how she should act, what she should wear, who should she love, damn it is so fg exhausting if u think about it. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Benjamyn said:

It's so odd to me that people in the general public think Britney is acting REALLY strangely at the moment.

I know most of us fans have known for a long time she is a bit of an oddball and is quite outspoken when she wants to be.

People discredit this as a fault... I think it's a really amazing quality in a human.

The portion of the public that have no artistic bone in their body just don't understand the eccentrics that works SO well in being a celebrity, That's why they are famous, they have a unique star quality!

I love this video, do you?

That lizard though. Illuminati and Queen's lizardy consort literally trying to get a tumble in the sack with Spears.

1 hour ago, Mayenaise said:

Yes and no. I think they were just better at controlling her image back then.

The difference now is we only see the weird stuff, she only posts herself spinning and rambling on insta when the other 75% of the day she's probably just doing normal things... But we don't see that, and it seems turned up to 10. Some of her content leaves even me scratching my head - like the rollercoaster video when she's running on and off the camera... That **** is weird, even for Primeney :orangu_orangutan_ape:

But yeah her personality has always been quirky and funny and I don't think the GP associate her with that... They still see her as a ditsy crazy blonde.

The aspect you're missing in the comparision here is that social media didn't exist during the early 2000's in the way it does now. When blogs were popular, we got regular updates, letters and posts that arent too different to her posts now, whether they be serious, or lighthearted. She shares what she wants to share now, and sometimes thats just her dancing and feeling herself occasionally.

• Love 5

There's a big difference between the early Britney (showed in that video) and the one we have today; they're two completely different personas. This isn't a critic before ya'll come for my head, but if you don't see that or deny it, you're simply delusional.

And stop saying bull**** like people weaponise her quirkiness against her (LOL); her videos show signs of someone who might be going through something on a psychological level (we know she is as it's a known fact she has some sort of undisclosed condition), and it's clear.

• Haha 1
  • Like 8

Before social media, everything we saw of celebrities passed through some kind of media filter before we saw that, ex: editing, PR team, etc. Now people can pretty much post whatever and it’s directly from them, especially in Britney’s case because it seems like she’s going with a media team at the moment. Her image was much more controlled back in the day because there was a lot more separation between what was curated for public consumption and her day to day personality. I don’t think a lot of people are used to seeing celebrities post without that level of curation.

• Love 1

I personally don't understand why she gets hate for what she posts on Instagram. 

You may not like it personally, but as long as she isn't hurting anybody with it I don't think it is okay to hate. 

If you don't like what she posts, you just shouldn't follow her or at least keep it to yourself in my opinion. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

There's a big difference between the early Britney (showed in that video) and the one we have today; they're two completely different personas. This isn't a critic before ya'll come for my head, but if you don't see that or deny it, you're simply delusional.

And stop saying bull**** like people weaponise her quirkiness against her (LOL); her videos show signs of someone who might be going through something on a psychological level (we know she is as it's a known fact she has some sort of undisclosed condition), and it's clear.

Thanks doctor, when did you last see Britney?

• Love 5
  • Super Mods

Look I understand and get what you mean when you say she was always quirky and different but come on:

You gotta admit her IG posts in the past year has been EXTREMELY ODD!

Like when she rolled around in cake, her running across the room screaming roller coaster in an aussie accent and then going on erratic rants from everything to her family to Selena and even a freakin Jack In The Box employee!

THAT'S NOT NORMAL.

Why is it hard for fans to accept the possibility that Britney potentially can have mental illness?

Its not a bad thing to have mental illness and it can be managed.

Its obvious she's traumatized from how badly she's been mistreated in the conservatorship.

I think also back then in her prime,

she got away with alot of quirky and weird quotes cause she was very young and considered sxy and hot (NOT saying she isn't anymore)

and now that she's 41, she cant get away with it anymore because the stigma of her age makes society shame her behavior on IG and that she should "act her age".

I love Britney but I'm not delusional to the reality of her behavior based on her IG.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Look I understand get what you mean when you say she was always quirky and different but come on:

you gotta admit her IG posts in the past year has been EXTREMELY ODD!

Like when she rolled around in cake, her running across the room screaming roller coaster in an aussie accent and then going on erratic rants from everything to her family to Selena and even a freakin Jack In The Box employee!

THAT'S NOT NORMAL.

Why is it hard for fans to accept the possibility that Britney potentially can have mental illness?

Its obvious she's traumatized from how badly she's been mistreated in the conservatorship.

she got away with alot of quirky and weird quotes cause she was very young and considered sxy and hot (NOT saying she isn't anymore)

and now that she's 41, she cant get away with it anymore because the stigma of her age makes society shame her behavior on IG and that she should "act her age".

I love Britney but I'm not delusional to the reality of her behavior based on her IG.

I don't have a problem with the fact that she may have a mental illness. Almost everyone deals with mental illness at least once in their life (I do too), but it isn't something anyone should be shamed or judged for. 

If she does have a mental illness, we should do our best to support her and I don't think it helps her if fans  and the gp shame her for her posts and tell her to go back to her old self (not you of course, but I've seen "fans" on here say stuff like that) when everyone should know that it will NEVER happen considering nobody who went through what she went through would ever be the same again.  

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Sugarball2000 said:

I don't have a problem with the fact that she may have a mental illness. Almost everyone deals with mental illness at least once in their life (I do too), but it isn't something anyone should be shamed or judged for. 

If she does have a mental illness, we should do our best to support her and I don't think it helps her if fans  and the gp shame her for her posts and tell her to go back to her old self (not you of course, but I've seen "fans" on here say stuff like that) when everyone should know that it will NEVER happen considering nobody who went through what she went through would ever be the same again.  

I agree.

Thank you for your mature and polite response.

Sometimes I get so insulted by people when I comment on Britney's IG posts like this.

Obviously I'm not a psychiatrist or know her personally but its obvious she isn't ok.

Sam and whoever is around her should tell her the truth how her posts come off to the world.

I would think her sons telling them how her IG posts made them feel would've been a wakeup call for her but it wasn't, it seemed to escalate.

I read an online article that says Fame is like trauma and whatever age you became famous, you're stuck in that mindset.

I mean think about it:

Michael Jackson got famous as a child and mentally he never outgrew that mindset and in result, led to him having sleepover with boys which is obviously inappropriate for any other male adult but because he had an innocent and naive view on it like a child, he didn't think anything of it.

So yeah I don't judge or shame her if she does have mental illness but I really hope that she doesn't turn down help because of how abusive her father and Team con were to her in the conservatorship.

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Look I understand get what you mean when you say she was always quirky and different but come on:

you gotta admit her IG posts in the past year has been EXTREMELY ODD!

THAT'S NOT NORMAL.

I don't think anyone isn't accepting that she may have a mental illness, it's the fact that people are weaponizing that against her now when before it was never a problem. No one cared that Britney danced around her home, until they could use that as a reason she's "unwell". No one cared that she played accents, acted silly, etc. until they could use that as a reason for "bizarre, erratic behavior". Your reply even hints at ageism and stigmas. "It was ok when she was young but now she needs to act her age!!" Why??? Why does Britney need to change the personality she's had her entire life just because she got older? She doesn't! She's 41, she's gonna "act her age" no matter how she acts, because that simply who she is. Mental illness or not, the point is, I think, people need to stop shaming her personality and pointing to her "quirks" as anything other than her. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
18 minutes ago, easy said:

I don't think anyone isn't accepting that she may have a mental illness, it's the fact that people are weaponizing that against her now when before it was never a problem. No one cared that Britney danced around her home, until they could use that as a reason she's "unwell". No one cared that she played accents, acted silly, etc. until they could use that as a reason for "bizarre, erratic behavior". Your reply even hints at ageism and stigmas. "It was ok when she was young but now she needs to act her age!!" Why??? Why does Britney need to change the personality she's had her entire life just because she got older? She doesn't! She's 41, she's gonna "act her age" no matter how she acts, because that simply who she is. Mental illness or not, the point is, I think, people need to stop shaming her personality and pointing to her "quirks" as anything other than her. 

Ok you misread my age comment.

I was saying that SOCIETY has a stigma against women after 40 that they want her to "act her age".

I do believe that women have the right to act and dress the way they want no matter what age they are.

Even freakin Madonna can act and dress how she wants.

I was just pointing out the double standard of age with women after 40.

Also that is true what you said about how her behavior is weaponized now because it is a fact that no one cared before.

I think 2007 and her conservatorship really tainted her public image and forever labelled her as crazy.

I mean the woman could come back with a brand new song and do a killer performance like Primeney level and STILL be labelled crazy.

I just feel sorry for her, I really do. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block