Britney was ALWAYS quirky and a little bit different

2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Ok you misread my age comment.

I was saying that SOCIETY has a stigma against women after 40 that they want her to "act her age".

I do believe that women have the right to act and dress the way they want no matter what age they are.

Even freakin Madonna can act and dress how she wants.

I was just pointing out the double standard of age with women after 40.

Also that is true what you said about how her behavior is weaponized now because it is a fact that no one cared before.

I think 2007 and her conservatorship really tainted her public image and forever labelled her as crazy.

I mean the woman could come back with a brand new song and do a killer performance like Primeney level and STILL be labelled crazy.

I just feel sorry for her, I really do. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I didn't think your intention was to be ageist with that comment, but I do appreciate you expanding on what you meant and I agree! 

And yes, team con labeling Britney as "crazy" has forever tainted her image. Because it doesn't matter what she does now, everything will be twisted to fit that narrative. There isn't anything she can do about that either, acting "proper and normal (what is normal??)" is a disservice to her soul and ultimately would leave her miserable because she wasn't being true to herself. The problem isn't with Britney, it's with how people choose to see her now. Instead of letting her tell and show us who she is, people wanna say "no no, do this! Not that!" So they feel better, without any regard to how Britney feels. We don't have to understand why she posts what she posts, but why are we unnecessarily judging her for it? Unfortunately, "freebritney" taught the world absolutely nothing. And there's still the unrealistic double standard when it comes to Britney. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
34 minutes ago, easy said:

I didn't think your intention was to be ageist with that comment, but I do appreciate you expanding on what you meant and I agree! 

And yes, team con labeling Britney as "crazy" has forever tainted her image. Because it doesn't matter what she does now, everything will be twisted to fit that narrative. There isn't anything she can do about that either, acting "proper and normal (what is normal??)" is a disservice to her soul and ultimately would leave her miserable because she wasn't being true to herself. The problem isn't with Britney, it's with how people choose to see her now. Instead of letting her tell and show us who she is, people wanna say "no no, do this! Not that!" So they feel better, without any regard to how Britney feels. We don't have to understand why she posts what she posts, but why are we unnecessarily judging her for it? Unfortunately, "freebritney" taught the world absolutely nothing. And there's still the unrealistic double standard when it comes to Britney. 

Yeah exactly.

Its funny how people didn't call her crazy when she was young but I guess she had youth on her side.

She always had a goofy personality but according to stupid society,

women can't have a sense of humor anymore after 40.

They want her to be the perfect submissive pop star she was during her career and conservatorship and now that she's not, the GP is turning against her.

You know sadly i'm really starting to believe that alot of the people involved in the FreeBritney movement only got involved because they expected Britney to comeback and make music again like she did with Circus but when she didn't do that, they started going against her and going crazy.

It seems like when you become famous and make 1 big mistake or something unusual, you'll be FOREVER branded with that!

Like MJ hanging out with little boys or Whitney Houston doing *****.

I'm so glad im not famous cause it seems like hell.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah exactly.

Its funny how people didn't call her crazy when she was young but I guess she had youth on her side.

She always had a goofy personality but according to stupid society,

women can't have a sense of humor anymore after 40.

They want her to be the perfect submissive pop star she was during her career and conservatorship and now that she's not, the GP is turning against her.

You know sadly i'm really starting to believe that alot of the people involved in the FreeBritney movement only got involved because they expected Britney to comeback and make music again like she did with Circus but when she didn't do that, they started going against her and going crazy.

It seems like when you become famous and make 1 big mistake or something unusual, you'll be FOREVER branded with that!

Like MJ hanging out with little boys or Whitney Houston doing *****.

I'm so glad im not famous cause it seems like hell.

Yep, that's it.

People are angry at her because her version of a happy life for herself...

Is not the version that people ASSUMED they would be getting based on her manufactured image.

But just saying.... her being mentally ill... isn't a mistake. It's not a choice she has made.

I just hate that society attack her non-stop about it, mental illness is not a bad thing.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Sugarball2000 said:

I don't have a problem with the fact that she may have a mental illness. Almost everyone deals with mental illness at least once in their life (I do too), but it isn't something anyone should be shamed or judged for. 

If she does have a mental illness, we should do our best to support her and I don't think it helps her if fans  and the gp shame her for her posts and tell her to go back to her old self (not you of course, but I've seen "fans" on here say stuff like that) when everyone should know that it will NEVER happen considering nobody who went through what she went through would ever be the same again.  

That's exactly my point!

I in no way was saying her being quirky doesn't mean she has a mental illness... but rather who the **** cares if she does?

I have multiple mental illnesses and I'm a great person, just like she is.

I go through really rough patches but I'm not in the public eye so I can hide away more than she can, but when I am supported properly I just seem quirky and unique.

She clearly is in a "no ****s given" period of her life, and so she should be based on what happened. If she wants to be an artist or performer still, she will be, in her own way and her own time :)

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Benjamyn said:

That's exactly my point!

I in no way was saying her being quirky doesn't mean she has a mental illness... but rather who the **** cares if she does?

I have multiple mental illnesses and I'm a great person, just like she is.

I go through really rough patches but I'm not in the public eye so I can hide away more than she can, but when I am supported properly I just seem quirky and unique.

She clearly is in a "no ****s given" period of her life, and so she should be based on what happened. If she wants to be an artist or performer still, she will be, in her own way and her own time :)

Yes, exactly!! Having mental health issues doesn't make you a bad person. If anything, it makes me admire a person's strength even more if I know that person had to face issues like that (of course I don't want anyone having to face such hardships). 

Being different isn't always a bad thing. If your behaviour doesn't cause any damage to anyone, it isn't something to be ashamed of even though it may not be seen as "normal" by the majority of people. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sugarball2000 said:

Yes, exactly!! Having mental health issues doesn't make you a bad person. If anything, it makes me admire a person's strength even more if I know that person had to face issues like that (of course I don't want anyone having to face such hardships). 

Being different isn't always a bad thing. If your behaviour doesn't cause any damage to anyone, it isn't something to be ashamed of even though it may not be seen as "normal" by the majority of people. 

Right?

She's extremely strong regardless, but she is a bloody warrior if she is suffering from mental health challenges and still doing what she can!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block