What do you think about Britney and will.i.am's new collab "Mind Your Business?"

Britney and will.i.am's new song ''Mind Your Business''   

1,129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don’t know what to think. It’s very experimental.  How come Britney only posted a IG story to promote the song. I don’t understand. New Britney releases used to be like a big huge event. 

Also- did any one notice in one of her book announcement videos when she starts singing take me to Jamaica Bermuda come on pretty mama, some one in the background is going too much too much. Also I found it bizarre she did it twice. She looked so worn out in the video and came across as extremely unlikeable, like it wasn’t cute and playful when she said so you better like it. I also feel like no one is really taking her seriously anymore. Clearly something is going on behind the scenes that’s troubling and we don’t know about it. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

It's a camp chaotic masterpiece. 

There is so so much going on - we have a quintessential 2012 robotic voice singing “mind your business *****” that's then beaten by the Baha Men “WOOFS”. The choir then just sends it even further (not them ending with “*****”).

Is it what I wanted for Britney? No. Is it what I expected? Yes. Has it been in my head since I listened? Yes. 

Real question is - why didn't this make it on Britney Jean? It would have slapped harder here and would have made a good 2nd single to Work *****. 

Also - I've lurked here since Hold it Against Me release hype and this song has made me post my first comment 😂 I guess that's saying something...

Edited by Harleywood
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DanjaMouse said:

Disappointed the ‘you are now now rocking’ with’ part of S&S wasn’t included like it sounded it would on the teaser.

I just realised it wasn't there.... but I don't know if it necessarily needs to be there to make the song better. 

19 hours ago, x.rox said:

It’s basic. It’s boring. It’s sooooo repetitive. She turned down Padam which lyrically is 10000000000x better than this trash??? Gosh. It may chart but it won’t chart because it’s a good song, it’ll chart because her name is affiliated. Which isn’t something to be proud of.

Enuff with the Padam comparisons, only basic gays like Padam :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Like 3

I don’t know what I love more. B’s old-school prononciation? She can turn any word, any line into an earworm like no other. The choir? The BARKING? The bass? Slave 4 U breathing? C-3PO on background vocals mirroring Britney’s "mind your business bi*ch"? The Scatman John cameo on T-t-t-t-t-too? 

it’s all spectacular. Ready to upgrade from a 10/10 to an 11/10 now  

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Itsbritney*****101100 said:

It’s so good, and I can see Britney going for that sound with her sultry vocals 🥵 she just needs to keep recording and working with as many people as possible , I know we’re bound for a blackout 2.0 💃 honestly even MYB sounds somewhat inspired by blackout, I just think will.I.am is overrated and outdated a bit on what sounds good and where music is heading. He’s trapped in the 2010’s…

Yeah, her vocals really suit that dark pop/rnb sound, I think that’s where her sweet spot is. Blackout is my favorite album of hers (obviously it’s in my username lol) but yeah I just love a good dark, bass heavy, grittier, and edgy sound of pop music. That’s why The Weeknd is one of my faves.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I like the bright stuff too, but I live for the darker side of pop.

• Love 1

Somebody make a short edit with a couple sound bites of her interactions with the media and it’s kind of genius. Would be a serve if the real song did this, and then the commentary of the lyrics / how they’re touting the song’s concept would hold better weight. 

Edited by Tetris

This whole thing is…. Weird.

Britney literally hasn’t said a word about the song on her IG. All we have is an “interview” with Vogue that was basically just Cade feeding them a generic quote to promo the song. The song itself was allegedly recorded in 2013 during the Britney Jean sessions (and we all know Britney was barely even involved in recording that album because 80% of the vocals are Myah Marie), and the vocals honestly sound a little like AI. I seriously think the song is an AI generated track that Britney had no involvement with. 

On top of that, the song itself is horrid and doesn’t sound anything like what Britney would even be interested in singing. 

let’s all just forget this happened, and move on. 

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Edited by iZacaree

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block