What do you think about Britney and will.i.am's new collab "Mind Your Business?"

Britney and will.i.am's new song ''Mind Your Business''   

1,129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Joshyworld said:

So it finally got released where I live and I had the chance to listen to it through my car's sound system.. :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

I just want to say that I'm genuinely confused and shocked at where the backlash is coming from. It's like you guys are trying to bandwagon some of the other fans on here who are making it a trend to say it isn't good when it's actually not that bad at all...It's no Toxic but everything about this song screams radio hit. It's fun, catchy, etc. :ramona_dancing_bathing_suit:

I was actually very impressed at how polished the song sounds. Her verses are nice, she's singing a lot. The autotune isn't to the point where it's unnecessary but actually fits the vibe of the song. It has a lot of sass, attitude., etc. The background chants towards the end...It's really not that bad at all. In fact, I say it's Will's best produced song for Britney after Scream & Shout. You guys were being too overdramatic, I'm sorry to say. :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

Oh and it's MILES better than the mess that was HMC where you couldn't even hear hear voice. At least with this song, you can distinctively tell that it's Britney Spears unlike the other one. 

I give it a 7.7/10

Of course I agree with what my bess frahn thinks... that's why I was confused with some of what you were posting earlier, I thought you had listened and didn't like it!  It's great.  To me it's like comfortably sitting between S&S and POM.  I get that that's crazy, but I really feel like that's how the public is gonna digest it.  It's like if Don't Stop the Party and Rock That Body had a baby with Imma Be and put Britney on it.  

These people comparing it to Big Fat Bass are (not to be rude, but) delusional.

Glad you like it.  Right now I'd rate it just like you did, and it will probably grow a little for me when I hear it out and (hopefully) hear the people screaming and chanting the whole song.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

Of course I agree with what my bess frahn thinks... that's why I was confused with some of what you were posting earlier, I thought you had listened and didn't like it!  It's great.  To me it's like comfortably sitting between S&S and POM.  I get that that's crazy, but I really feel like that's how the public is gonna digest it.  It's like if Don't Stop the Party and Rock That Body had a baby with Imma Be and put Britney on it.  

These people comparing it to Big Fat Bass are (not to be rude, but) delusional.

Glad you like it.  Right now I'd rate it just like you did, and it will probably grow a little for me when I hear it out and (hopefully) hear the people screaming and chanting the whole song.

Yessss! Agreed. It's definitely not bad at all. It's not even amongst her worst. 

• Love 3
Just now, Joshyworld said:

Yessss! Agreed. It's definitely not bad at all. It's not even amongst her worst. 

People are gonna be mad but I would honestly take this over half of Glory.  Seeing the people saying they see why this was a BJ "reject"... blows my mind.  It doesn't sound dated at all, and it would have stolen the show if it was put on The Beginning.  It sits right where it should, and it's the only thing out like this right now.

Britney did a great job.  and I had so much anxiety the past week about Myah.  She is barely (if at all) on this.  There's a small part of me that wonders if the 3rd verse (the dogs verse) is her, but I know for certain that the entire rest of the song is Brit so I'm fiiiiine.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

People are gonna be mad but I would honestly take this over half of Glory.  Seeing the people saying they see why this was a BJ "reject"... blows my mind.  It doesn't sound dated at all, and it would have stolen the show if it was put on The Beginning.  It sits right where it should, and it's the only thing out like this right now.

Britney did a great job.  and I had so much anxiety the past week about Myah.  She is barely (if at all) on this.  There's a small part of me that wonders if the 3rd verse (the dogs verse) is her, but I know for certain that the entire rest of the song is Brit so I'm fiiiiine.

Could literally not agree more. I also would take this over half, if not most of Glory. It gives what it's supposed to give. :ramona_dancing_bathing_suit:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

It’s a hit dumb f.u.c.k.s 

it’s always the fans expecting something when she’s giving us something greater! 

This make me want her to be in the video this song is bad  A.S.S 

Britishney goes for more of hiphop sound on they ***

THIS. All of this. Obsessed w/ the song and love the reactions. Man, I can’t wait for some of you to be eating your words when this is the #1 song in the world. Bookmark that!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

THIS. All of this. Obsessed w/ the song and love the reactions. Man, I can’t wait for some of you to be eating your words when this is the #1 song in the world. Bookmark that!

You get it!!!!! :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

Spoiler

A Billboard Top 20 will be sufficient enough for me and I really hope the GP won't sleep on it :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1

Long post. sorry :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

I'm really conflicted with this song.
I don't think the song is 100% bad and I bet it will work with the public. It will probably be a hit in the club as well and I love that for Britney (And Will :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:). I love the message in the song and I've always loved when Britney gets a little sassy. I'm not entirely sure I like the production tho.

To me, it seems a little messy and too many things going on. From the snippet I LOVED the heavy melody. I was really hoping that we got more of that in the final song. It's just the perfect mood for the song. I know the song starts with that exact, but it makes such a sudden change to the pre-chorus. I'm no fan of the pre-chorus; it's too repetitive. They should've shortend it. I know it's to be a symbol of all the people wanting to know where Britney is and what's she's doing, but it just doesn't work for me. From the pre-chorus we then again have a sudden change and switch mood. Also this part is to repetitive for me. They should shorten the pre-chorus and the chorus and put them as one. Also, it feels unnecessary to put this looooong part before the first verse. If I were in charge I would just cut off the first 45 seconds entirely.

The verses are really good. I love the lyrics and the music works very well. I would wish that they had put Britneys voice more on top of the music. It just seems like Will's voice is more on top of the music than Britney's. (Also, I feel like Will's voice comes out cleaner than Britney's for some reason?).
But overall this feels very well put together. This exact part will feel amazing in the club. It has the right vibe and tempo. I do however wish that the synthesizer in Britney's verses were less noticeable/layered differently. It gives a little cheap vibe to the music.

The transition to the pre-chours after the first and second verse works a lot better than in the beginning og the song. However I still wish they would shorten it and put it with the chorus. It's too repetetitive.

The post-chorus of Britney saying "mind your business *****" just works so well. Her voice, the music, the robotic sounds and the build up. It's really good :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:.

The last part of the song, from 2:57 and on, is crazy good. I think that's my favorite part. It really feeds into the whole vibe of conspiracy and the unknown (at least for me). Maybe I would've loved more of that vibe in the middle of the song and then again as the outtro. The choir is a really nice detail.

On a side note. I don't hear Myah on this track. Is she part of the choir thing? I don't mind Myah not being on this track, but she said she did some background vocals. Where are they? :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

But congrats to Britney and Will. I hope it will be high on the charts :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Like 1
Y'all it's kind of a bop! It's very BEP so don't know what you guys were expecting :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: It's catchy as **** and made for Tik Tok let's be real!

Where she at? Where she at? Where she at? Where she at? Where she at?
There she go, there she go, there she go, there she go, there she go
What she do? What she do? What she do? What she do? What she do?
Too much, watch you, watch you, watchin' me, watchin', watchin' you

Is the best pre chorus ha I get she sounds robotic but so does William and i'm sure that's the theme and direction they wanted to go with the song? :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: The locals will eat this up :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block