Disney looking at a $200mill LOSS on Little Mermaid BOMB

TIMCAST.COM

Disney is on track to lose millions from The Little Mermaid, despite a strong turnout in the US for Memorial Day weekend.

Disney spent roughly $390 million on producing and promoting the film.

Theaters take approximately half the ticket sales, meaning the film must hit nearly $800 million to break even.

“If the film manages to gross only $600 million globally, it will result in a loss of $200 million, and even achieving this level of domestic earnings still needs to be determined,” the report explained. “Therefore, domestically, the likelihood that it could gross $300 to $350 million seems overly optimistic.”

Another failure for Disney. Next up “Elemental” and the horrible “Indiana Jones Movie”

16 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

And the “racism” argument doesn’t work because the new Spiderverse animated movie is SMASHING the box office and the main character is a black Spider-Man - but an original character names Miles Morales in the spider universe. 

I did watch and enjoy the little mermaid and would give it an 8/10 but I can definitely see how a lot of people who loved and grew up with their vision of Ariel wouldn’t want to see this version that doesn’t look like their childhood movie. 

Must be misogyny then! jokes lol

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Hey here’s an idea Disney, instead of turning already existing characters into different races, how about creating new ones in different races? Just look at Princess and the Frog.

also Africa, Asia and South America are huge, culturally rich and diverse places. Why not turn some of their cool folk stories or tales into Disney movies and then cast appropriate actors? They are so lazy with their pandering. 

Mulan, Moana and Encanto all did really well. But for some reason instead of making more beautiful cartoons they keep wanting to desrtoy their legacy. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

The movie looks bad, so that’s probably why. 

I mean, they cut most of the magic just making these animated movies live action I don’t care what you say. 

then they had the half assed casting choice for Ursula AND she looks like the most basic ***** ever like wtf? And I love Melissa lol. 

oh well. Original is streaming on Disney+ ;)

• Love 2

That’s unfortunate… I love both the live action and the original. I didn’t see anything wrong with it, the casting was on point! Halle served quality acting, talent, incredible vocals, beauty and grace. She embodied everything that Ariel is and represents. No wonder most reviews are praising Halle.

Also, imo the live action is better than the original 1989 movie :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

2 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Hey here’s an idea Disney, instead of turning already existing characters into different races, how about creating new ones in different races? Just look at Princess and the Frog.

Since Disney are so determined to “diversify” all their characters, perhaps we’ll get a Caucasian actress playing Tiana in the live action Princess And The Frog?

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block