Why do some people get mad when we discuss her looks and body?

Because the objectification of women in 2023 is unwell and stupid.

We are tired of it after centuries of fitting in to unrealistic "beautystandards".

Eating disorders, body dysmorphia and all kinds of mental illness is a real thing.

She has expressed she is struggeling with that and was photographed with Adderall back in the days.

Women in their 40s are taking ozempic for weightloss without even being overweight.

So there is that.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Henny said:

Living in 2023 sucks. We can’t discuss anything anymore. Damn kids

People do not have the ability to converse anymore without arguing.  Yet the obsession with Britney is unhinged. Fans want a 21 year old women. A women who has perfect makeup executed with flawless contours and dolled up Barbie hair. They want her to dress and act a certain way . If she curated an image and if she shows no humanity, if she pretends life is great and tours . Fans will be appeased. Many fans are disgusting. Her handlers were abusive . Yet many fans are as well. What or who has the right to continually pick apart and dissect someones every word and appearance . Yesterday some fan had to post about her having 2 nose jobs with no fact based evidence. This person kept the narrative thats online plastic surgeons can tell ( no we age and our nose can shrink or grow, makeup, bad photos, manipulation, yet until she states anything , it should not be addressed) . It has to mess her up , hearing constant rumors. Her boo bs are real as she stated . Her lips she said back in the day she did fun stuff.  Shes given enough of herself and the world likes to pull her down.  The world likes to berate her and create salacious nefarious stories of nonsense . They are clickbait and making millions for corrupt individuals . We are back to creating a smear campaign. How kind are people? Do you love her. Do you like your appearance picked apart ? Do you look like you did at 21 ? Age is a privilege. She has no respect and deserves being treated with dignity. People who blast her for ***** need to check themselves. She was hyper se xualized her entire life , her handlers pushed it as well .   she was controlled for over 13 years . Yet if you look its been way longer. They never wanted her to have absolute power. They wanted a cash cow . Yet still after all her trauma . Fans want happy , song churning, airbrushed curated instagram photos and for her to pretend everything is ok. Shes trying . Yet the world has her on spotlight. Its time many fans just take a step back as well.  Let her be herself . Love her unconditionally. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

The older I get I'm even MORE impressed with her body. I could never do what she does. When people say she's "out of shape" like at the 2008 VMA'S or more recently, they are absolutely wrong. She's like a former athlete with muscle memory. If she wants to be skinny as a needle again she could be in a few months. But any person has fluctuations and deserves to enjoy life a bit. Why would she train like she's on a world tour for the rest of her life? And don't even mention the fact that she's had two children. I could go on and on. She could easily get all kinds of lipo and procedures but I believe she's mostly natural. 

Anyways that was a rant but to get back to your question, I think people mean no harm when they praise her looks or say she posted a more flattering video for a change. But the negative comments have to go. 

Edited by BritneyWiki
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Yes her looks were a part of her success, but she is a professional DANCER and performer who is highly trained like an athlete. Yes she's naturally beautiful but she put in the work to earn a beautiful physique. She's extremely talented, can sing, can act, has a sweet personality, the IT factor, can write and perform. 

To reduce her success down to looks is your jealously talking. If any hot person could be the world's biggest pop star, we  would have a lot more of them wouldn't we? They tried to duplicate her success but the "formula" didn't work because Britney is special and deserved all her success. She was sweet and even used her platform to help others (ex Nikki Minaj thanked her publicly for this). 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Dynamic Lights said:

Oh, just noticed you've been here since 2006. Must be pretty senile... so won't judge you much, probably already deteriorating :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

And yes, my post literally states: "Of course, Britney also got talent, and her overall success was a combination of many factors, but if it wasn’t for her incredible shape in her prime, I’m 100% sure half of that success wouldn’t be here."

Britney was a decade older than a lot of us in 2006. Is she senile?

I’ve commented on her plastic surgery (I respect her autonomy but feel it was unnecessary, plus I suspect not performed by the most ethical surgeon - who would agree to touch that flawless smile?). However, the age comments are weak. Also, praising her body can be nice and totally fine. That said, some of us are really just concerned with the negative comments where she's expected to look "perfect" or the expectation that she looks the same forever - that’s where it becomes harmful. B's Insta has made it clear to me that she is definitely obsessed with her weight and being "skinny as a needle," which I suspect is due to all that 90s and 00s pressure. I think there's a way to compliment her without projecting that onto her.

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

Edited by NotBuyingIt
  • Like 3

Some people, including some in this thread apparently, feel entitled to deciding what other people talk about and also project their own issues onto this topic. Some of us, on the other hand, often view Britney's fitness as aspirational, and if we didn't, we wouldn't interrupt conversations about it like we're some kind of PSA. 

Britney's body is FIERCE, especially for her age. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

While everyone has the right to criticize any celebrity's makeup or fashion (I know I'm not too fond of Britney's recent style), but this is a matter of taste or choice. Body shaming is a whole other thing -  it was wrong to do back in the 90s, and is definitely wrong to do now. 

Edited by MasterMindz
  • Like 3

To put it very simply, because Britney has made it very clear she doesn't like it and has issues with it.

Saying her career is built on her looks is a tad revisionist when a huge portion of that has been criticising her appearance, and very much for the past years, she had her appearance criticised to a point noone would could cope with. When she was teenager, she faced horrific and s**ist comments about her body, if she put on any fraction of weight, she was ridiculed for it, even after her she had children, and this is all before someone in her immediate circle started calling her abusive names. Then, which she has made clear, she was denied foods because she couldn't have a treat her or there.

At some point, it's not a matter of "an opinion"; the person who it is about has made their stance clear, have some empathy, faceless account.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Are you kidding? She was selling records to kids. 

And as one of those kids, I will tell you…we didn’t care about her abs. We were in it for the music and the awesome dance moves. 

I would say the tail end of ‘Britney’ and all off the ‘ITZ’ era is really when her body came into play but…I don’t think we would have cared then either. 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Britney's body is FIERCE, especially for her age. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

While everyone has the right to criticize any celebrity's makeup or fashion (I know I'm not too fond of Britney's recent style), but this is a matter of taste or choice. Body shaming is a whole other thing -  it was wrong to do back in the 90s, and is definitely wrong to do now. 

It’s not allowed to discuss her body so please remove your compliment

• Haha 2

In any decent artist exclusive forum you will be banned only for posting stuff like "I feel like Britney is fully aware that the conspiracy theories are what keeps her name out there these days", but this is exhale, where jordan love controversial topics since it brings more views and ad revenue so mods have to ignore a lot of stuff

Edited by X_M
  • Like 3

For me personally I don’t think anyone should comment on anyone’s body. Idc if they are skinny /overweight you just don’t talk about it. 

you never know what someone is going through and me as a slimmer dude, when someone calls me skinny it hits me cus I’ve been called skinny my whole life. 

plus it’s 2023. It’s not 1999

• Love 2

Well in case you haven’t noticed, people including many fans can be extremely cruel when discussing any aspect of her appearance, her body, her clothes, her hair, her makeup, her teeth and that’s the stuff that pisses me off. I have no issue with positive comments, you can have discussions like that till your hearts content but the mean, judgmental stuff…**** that!! There’s an old saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all!!

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block