Were you a fan of Hold It Against Me?

On 5/25/2023 at 11:18 PM, TakeYourHand said:

To be honest I really didn’t love it and still don’t but I guess I get the appeal. Idk it’s a weird one for me. I do like it but I think it’s just because I love Brit. Im not sure I’d bump it as much if someone else released it. With that being said Brit made it her own with parts like “HAZAYYY!!!” and I love the beat progression after that line. For me the slayage of it all and my favorite bridge/breakdown of all time is HIAM. That dubstep break still gives me chills. It’s heavy, bold, and really amplified the music scene with dubstep. Shrillex gets the most credit but if we’re talking main pop music it goes to Brit. That breakdown is BEYOND and is the reason I like HIAM. Other than that idk, the melody is OK as it slows down during the chorus and I prefer the last chorus for the fact that it picks up. Also it’s a little whiny, and honestly Britney made me feel dead which is a very talented thing to do as a performer 😂 She literally had zero passion and I think that’s another reason why I just can’t stan the song. Plus she hasn’t performed it since FF. Also when the rehearsal footage came out she looked bored and miserable having to count to 8 while working with the legendary Brian Friedman who was also a great friend to her! The video is artistic excellence though. It’s a strong project as a whole but hindsight is 20/20 and it was a massive cash grab for team con at the moment. I didn’t feel an ounce of Britney’s soul or artistic touch. I always said they were trying to reinvent her career. Circus was Baby, and FF was meant to be Oops! Aka a commercial success meant to level up its predecessor. Then ironically there was Britney and then Britney Jean. Then we got ITZ and Glory is literally it’s sibling. If we get new music anytime soon I swear it will be a Blackout 2.0 as it kind of feels like 2007 again and I think that energy would make sense artistically for her. Anywho there’s my rant about HIAM! 😂

Um, I love your mind 😂🤍

• Love 1
On 5/26/2023 at 5:41 PM, PickleSpears said:

I loved it from the beginning. I've never understood why Britney doesn't seem to like it (not performing it in POM for 5 years).

Britney didn't have a say in her setlist so we can't base solely on that

I wasn't for years! Oddly, more recently I've warmed up to the song. Still have mixed feelings about the video. Absolutely love certain aspects, yet dislike how she was clearly not doing so well/not up to the dancing so the cuts in the video were super fast. We all know FF wasn't a good time for her on a personal level. 

No. Never liked this song try as hard as I did to like and listen to it. Only the bridge and the breakdown gives me a little something good, but the rest of the song is really hot garbage. Femme Fatale has better songs and I feel like this was actually a very wrong lead single choice. Worst performing FF single FWIW.

14 hours ago, Mutya said:

Britney didn't have a say in her setlist so we can't base solely on that

She added in Alien for a few dates and later on she added in BOM and TOMH which are her faves. In the 5 years that she performed the POM show, she could have added it in even as the music video interlude if she wanted to.

I lost my ever loving **** when this dropped. All I kept saying was OMFG OMFG OMFG” for like the first 30 seconds 🥴🥴🥴 Heard the Bonnie McKee leaked demo first so when I heard the final product…Happy Kermit The Frog GIF

best first listen experience of a new single I’ve had to date.

Edited by DulaPeeps

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block