Lana Del Rey has released her album ‘Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd’

Style.

spacer.png

I can’t embed the Spotify link for some obscure and unknown reason, but I just uploaded the album cover, the tracklist and the people involved in this project. 

Tell me the highs and lows of ‘Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd’. I’m currently listening to it. 

Edited by Style. In Moscow
  • Love 3

She sure did....

I find when I dont like the songs straight away, I tend to love them over time.

That being said, what a mess of an album this is on first listen. No stand out tracks, too many "long" tracks. Obviously they all sound the same (which is BAU for Lana)

To make things even messier, the song "Taco Truck x VB" incorporates/samples her previous song "Venice *****". its just all over the place

Only time will tell if these songs grow on me.

Also the cover of the album, no thanks. The font is barely readable. 
The interludes... are just bad. Theyre not even really interludes. Just a male voice speaking. The features. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??

The titles o the songs.. I mean.. 

Sorry.. HUGE LANA fan but it has to be said. so many things about this album have turned me off.

lana del rey ride GIF

• Like 1

um, there’s some great songs on this album, but there always seems to be some sort of shortcoming attached to lana’s albums now. i used to be a diehard fan of her music but haven’t felt the same way towards it in a long time. to me, her last amazing body of work was honeymoon. after that, it’s all very wishy washy. 

Edited by neko
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

I've only listened to it once, and when I was 2/3rds in, I realized I'd shuffled it. Way to ruin a first impression. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Overall, I like it. I've been waiting for something more unhinged (à la "Dealer" and "Interlude - The Trio"), so an album of more unhingedness will, of course, be right up my alley. :bouncey: And some of the lyrics - woah... :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

UR A MESS

I enjoyed it better on my second listen. Honestly I had low expectations, but I’m digging it. So so many gems: Sweet, Candy Necklace, Grandfather, Let The Light In and ofc the previous releases. Pleasantly surprised!!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block