Rumor: ''Britney Jean'' re-mixing/mastering for 10th anniversary

Yes, this user from ATRL is reliable.

BUT

IF Britney's label wants to make any measly money from her old songs, they should make more current remixed versions of her hits, as Madonna has done (Frozen remix goes viral on TikTok and now has more than 100 million on Spotify)

Or they could pick some decent album like ITZ or Blackout and release some finished demos.

But Britney Jean? For God's sake, forget about this album. It is by far the worst of his career, completely dated and irrelevant. It would be wonderful even if they deleted it and pretended it never existed and left only Work ***** as a single.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I only like this idea because Basic Jangles is an absolute stain on and otherwise prestigious discography, and a bit of retconning could be nice! 

Replace Myah’s vocals (we know Britney recorded vocals that did not appear on the album), remove Chillin’ with Lou, fix Alien glitch, maybe some other minor touches here and there (like fixing that vocal effect in ISBE 💀), Dolby Atmos, slap Scream & Shout on that *****, a few unreleased tracks and maybe a remix or two. Then release a new version of the WB video with the kinkier **** they left out the first time, and give the album a new physical release. 

Done. Then after that let’s pretend it never happened 💀

Edited by e_ffen
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I could see them releasing a special edition that would include things like William Orbit's mix of Alien, other song variants/remixes and maybe some scrapped tracks from the original recording sessions. Some Piece of Me Residency versions would be cute too like Work ***** with the intro and prerecorded vocals.

As for remastering I can't see the label spending money to bring in producers to essentially redo the vocal mixing despite what we want. That'd be a big expense for one of her lesser known albums and in some cases there's probably not much original Britney vocals to work with. I'm guessing it'll be a light upgrade in terms of quality.

57 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

I only like this idea because Basic Jangles is an absolute stain on and otherwise prestigious discography, and a bit of retconning could be nice! 

Replace Myah’s vocals (when know Britney recorded vocals that did not appear on the album), remove Chillin’ with Lou, fix Alien glitch, maybe some other minor touches here and there (like fixing that vocal effect in ISBE 💀), Dolby Atmos, slap Scream & Shout on that *****, a few unreleased tracks and maybe a remix or two. Then release a new version of the WB video with the kinkier **** they left out the first time, and give the album a new physical release. 

Done. Then after that let’s pretend it never happened 💀

I agree omfg

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block