Britney response to Alyssa Milano via Instagram Story: "this definitely feels like a form of bullying"

10 minutes ago, Gutterguppy1202 said:

I hate how a vocal minority (or majority?) of her fans feel the need to mobilize and do this petty sh1t. Britney said what she had to say on her IG, leave it at that. I’m sure if Britney saw what her fans were posting in Alyssa’s comments, she’d be so disappointed 

Exactly! It's petty crap. Trivial. Sometimes I feel like this is high school all over again. 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

guess it’s just always weighing up when her right to be offended and hurt impacts on someone else who is being genuine - do they deserve to be dragged to the extreme and have an army of loyal fans set upon them? 

I think this is what Britney probably struggles with on a daily basis, honestly. Trying to navigate who is truly genuine and who isn’t. But at the same time, let’s say Britney was having a hard time, if Alyssa was truly concerned, why couldn’t she have reached out to Britney in private, instead of making a post about it on her twitter?

Like, ‘can someone check up on Britney Spears’ - that’s hella condescending and just comes off as disingenuous and narcissistic (on Alyssa’s part). 

Edited by Gutterguppy1202
Typo
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

That's because the line is drawn with Britney, everything else is okay when it's anyone else.

Fans are advocating for Britney not to be bullied yet are online bullying Alyssa smh.

It does seem that way doesn’t it? Britney fans will give her a pass no matter what she does, who she upsets, or what she says. This is understandable and ok to a point, due to her unique situation, but where do you draw the line? 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Gutterguppy1202 said:

I think this is what Britney probably struggles with on a daily basis, honestly. Trying to navigate who is truly genuine and who isn’t. But at the same time, let’s say Britney was having a hard time, if Alyssa was truly concerned, why couldn’t she have reached out to Britney in private, instead of making a post about it on her twitter?

Like, ‘can someone check up on Britney Spears’ - that’s hella condescending and just comes off as disingenuous and narcissistic (on Alyssa’s part). 

Oh I totally agree, this wasn’t the way to go about it, if Alyssa was genuinely concerned. Not saying she meant it maliciously, as we just don’t know and she hasn’t made it obvious enough I don’t think, but either way, it doesn’t come across well. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

It does seem that way doesn’t it? Britney fans will give her a pass no matter what she does, who she upsets, or what she says. This is understandable and ok to a point, due to her unique situation, but where do you draw the line? 

It's very true, Britney can do no wrong to many people what she says and does usually gets a pass.

If Britney talks about being bullied, the fans turn into bullies themselves to go and bully on her behalf.

It's like I said in an earlier comment it's BEY HIVE teas. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Except when Britney gets upset or offended by someone? Do you not see the hypocrisy at all? 

No I don’t. Britney is a different story right now. How many 25 year olds do you know that got trapped into a modern day enslavement for 13 + years? Do I think some of the stuff she posts is too much? Sure, occasionally…but usually not. She’s been ridiculed, humiliated and abused by the public, her peers, Hollywood and her own family throughout her entire life/career. We all know Britney was never one to go at people but she’s been severely traumatized. Everyone ALWAYS has something to say about her or how she should live her life. It’s a joke. She’s not thinking how you or I would in this moment.  I don’t care if some people got insulted because they thought she called them fat (she didn’t).

Edited by alleyesonme393
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Whether it’s actually bullying or not, who ******* cares, at the end of the day, posts like Alyssa's just fan the BAnon/conspiracy flames and in the end it winds up hurting Britney. Alyssa is a celebrity, if she was GENUINELY concerned about Britney, I’m sure she could have found a way to reach out personally.

While I feel Britney has a right to call out Alyssa’s post since it personally affected her, I don’t think fans should be flocking to Alyssa’s socials, Britney is a big girl who also now has freedom, she can stick up for herself.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, alleyesonme393 said:

No I don’t. Britney is a different story right now. How many 25 year olds do you know that got trapped into a modern day enslavement for 13 + years? Do I think some of the stuff she posts is too much? Sure, occasionally…but usually not. She’s been ridiculed, humiliated and abused by the public, her peers, Hollywood and her own family throughout her entire life/career. We all know Britney was never one to go at people but she’s been severely traumatized. Everyone ALWAYS has something to say about her or how she should live her life. It’s a joke. She’s not thinking how you or I would in this moment.  I don’t care if some people got insulted because they thought she called them fat (she didn’t).

I get what you’re saying, but whether she’s saying them from a place of trauma or not, those words are still hurtful. I’m just saying, at some point she has to be held accountable for her words, I’m mostly talking about the Jack in the box thing because that was the one that made me feel really bad for the guy. I’m sure it was just a one off though and he didn’t seem upset so no harm done. 

The other problematic thing is her fans, running straight to people’s social media to harass and insult them just because she mentions them. It’s an ugly side of humanity, and it’s also ridiculous that they’re like her minions who jump on her command. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I get what you’re saying, but whether she’s saying them from a place of trauma or not, those words are still hurtful. I’m just saying, at some point she has to be held accountable for her words, I’m mostly talking about the Jack in the box thing because that was the one that made me feel really bad for the guy. I’m sure it was just a one off though and he didn’t seem upset so no harm done. 

The other problematic thing is her fans, running straight to people’s social media to harass and insult them just because she mentions them. It’s an ugly side of humanity, and it’s also ridiculous that they’re like her minions who jump on her command. 

I definitely agree with the insanity of some of the fans. There is absolutely no need to go and spout off the extremely hateful and violent things they do. I mean I’m definitely guilty of some name calling on here (which I of course shouldn’t) but the way some people go off on these peoples social media pages? Too much. I’ve noticed that in all these fandoms it’s quite sickening.

Yeah I keep forgetting about the Jack in the Box guy. He definitely didn’t deserve to be called out. I think it was a one off. That was very out of character for Britney but I do get it why she felt the way she did, she just didn’t need to say anything about that particular situation.

I’m just super defensive of Britney otherwise. I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I hate to see what she’s been dealing with. Though I can’t defend her on everything, I just can’t accept she’s a bully because I know that’s not in her nature. She’s just so so hurt and mentally drained.

Edited by alleyesonme393
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, alleyesonme393 said:

I definitely agree with the insanity of some of the fans. There is absolutely no need to go and spout off the extremely hateful and violent things they do. I mean I’m definitely guilty of some name calling on here (which I of course shouldn’t) but the way some people go off on these peoples social media pages? Too much. I’ve noticed that in all these fandoms it’s quite sickening.

Yeah I keep forgetting about the Jack in the Box guy. He definitely didn’t deserve to be called out. I think it was a one off. That was very out of character for Britney but I do get it why she felt the way she did, she just didn’t need to say anything about that particular situation.

I’m just super defensive of Britney otherwise. I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I hate to see what she’s been dealing with. Though I can’t defend her on everything, I just can’t accept she’s a bully because I know that’s not in her nature. She’s just so so hurt and mentally drained.

No I’m totally with you there, she’s definitely not a bully and I don’t think she means to come across as hurtful. Even back in the old days when interviewers would try to goad her and provoke her she would still be so graceful and see their best intentions. 

We’re all human, we all say things sometimes either in defence of someone  or just because we want to!! I suppose it’s just reflecting on that and then deciding whether we want to say those words. Not even sure what I’m saying lol but no hard feelings 😘

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

No I’m totally with you there, she’s definitely not a bully and I don’t think she means to come across as hurtful. Even back in the old days when interviewers would try to goad her and provoke her she would still be so graceful and see their best intentions. 

We’re all human, we all say things sometimes either in defence of someone  or just because we want to!! I suppose it’s just reflecting on that and then deciding whether we want to say those words. Not even sure what I’m saying lol but no hard feelings 😘

I completely agree! So much has happened to her I think she’s just at the point right now where she believes everyone and the world is out to get her. I pray and hope she can get past that and I believe she will one day.

No hard feelings at all love! I’m glad we were able to see each others point of view respectfully!:kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gutterguppy1202 said:

Fair point, like why couldn't she be the someone?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Viking84 said:

OK, you looked up the definitions. Did you read them? None of any of the parts of the definitions of either of those words are true. Alyssa's post was made out of concern for Britney's well-being. There was no intent to harm. Nor was it aimed at anyone to question their perception of anything. Nice try, though. 

Dude read the room. Alyssa is a clout chaser. If she had really cared, she would’ve spoke up for Britney long ago, and she didn’t so please take a seat before you embarrass yourself further.

9 hours ago, Viking84 said:

Anyone with half a brain can see that the intent of her post was one out of concern. Besides, you are the one claiming it was bullying, not me. Where is your proof her intent was to harm? You are saying it's bullying. How do you KNOW her intent was to harm? You don't! It's not about how it made someone feel. I could accidentally say something which hurts someone. That doesn't make it bullying.

Well, I guess you can't fix stupid. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Britney took it as bullying since it was directed towards her. Quit diminishing Britney’s feelings as irrational, she’s allowed to take anything directed to her as she pleases, and everyone in this thread can see how it was bullying towards her, so again sit down and read the room.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, easy said:

see now YOU are bullying and attempting to gaslight because you just can't take an L

i don't know her intent, you're right. but i am not speaking my opinion, i am amplifying britney's. you know, the subject of the post, and reiterating how she feels and validating those feelings. maybe if you thought about someone other than yourself, you would understand.

yup, you sure can't. 

preach christina aguilera GIF

• Love 1
7 hours ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

If Britney posted a tweet tomorrow asking all of her fans to check on DanjaMouse and you received all sorts of comments implying things about your mental health and fans calling the police on you... you would probably be singing a different tune. 

You people doubling down on this proves why it IS bullying. It's creating a narrative where you feel you have to intervene in Britney's life when you don't know her and know nothing about how she spends most of her time post-Con. 

you go yes GIF

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block