Do you believe in God?

JayTawndre

I have been a Christian since a kid. But since 2021 I feel I have lost my faith and connection to God and Jesus.   

It's also difficult being gay because I'm a Christian and we know how most of the churches feel about that it's just kind of frustrating.

My question is do you guys believe in God and if you do do you believe that God forgives you even when you sin? 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Yes to a certain extent.

I was raised in a VERY religious christian family,

so I grew up all my life in Church.

However im not as religious as my mom or other relatives.

I will say though that he saved my life from a dangerous situation and if it wasn't for God, I wouldn't be here.

So im thankful for that.

I just wish being Christian was more loving and accepting and not so rigid and uptight.

• Love 2

Yes, I'm Catholic. Religion is important to have in one's life. It can fullfill you in different ways. It's common for people to lose faith at times, but one can nurture it back. Try reading stories online of others who lost faith, but regained it in different ways. Some of their stories might resonate with you, or show you your own way back.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

Yes, I'm Catholic. Religion is important to have in one's life. It can fullfill you in different ways. It's common for people to lose faith at times, but one can nurture it back. Try reading stories online of others who lost faith, but regained it in different ways. Some of their stories might resonate with you, or show you your own way back.

Great advice thanks 💗

• Love 1

No I don't and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

People like church for community and I find my community in other places. I like to be outdoors as much as possible, which I feel feels this "spiritual void" everyone claim's I'm missing. I love my animals, my personal relationships, reading, etc. All of those things help me live a full life and reflect on who I should be as a person. I put my faith in me to make a good life happen, not some invisible God that has been used against me to fit the prejudices of very bigoted people who used to be in my life. 

Edited by blackingouthenegativity
  • Love 2

I believe in God, definitely! I think God has woven this amazing mystery to humble our energy so that it will be prepared to live with them in peace and tranquility. I consider myself a Christian but I have a lot of my own spiritual philosophies. I have found myself questioning God about things that were allowed to happen to me but I guess it's part of my soul's humbling. We will never know the mysteries until it's our time. God doesn't want them revealed. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I'm agnostic. I think there's still so much we don't know. Whether it's more scientific or more spiritual. 

There are so many religions. They can't all be right. I feel like religions are just mostly affected by people. Which makes it dangerous sometimes.

So God (or Gods) in known religions, no.

Spirituality though, definitely a possibility. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe in God. At university, I understood why people start believing in God, ghosts, and so on - because they can't explain some events or phenomena, they are afraid of something. That's why we have such a variety of religions on the planet - every society has come up with its own explanation for what it doesn't understand. I much prefer a world where you are responsible for your own life, and not God. I do not condemn religious people in any way, they are often very pleasant people to communicate with and they really live well

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think the people who oppose the church believe that the church opposes them, which is really selfish if you look at it as an outsider.  I think God forgives our sins, no matter what they are, and I believe that we are all children of God, the Father, as long as we walk this earth, which means if you have a yearning for him and for his acceptance, he will take you as you are and love you.

I think the biggest thing is to reject the materialism of this current world and to denounce any actions against well-meaning human beings on this earth.  I think it is VERY easy to see the difference between people who have lost their way and who act in the name of the devil, hurting other people.  It's not hard to be nice.  It's just rare nowadays, unfortunately.  I think God loves all of his creations as he created them, and I don't think people need to put so much stock into who they love, in comparison to how their lives are becoming because what's happening in their lives because of who they love.  I think there is a healthy way to be gay.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
On 2/6/2023 at 12:45 AM, IRunAway said:

I think the people who oppose the church believe that the church opposes them, which is really selfish if you look at it as an outsider.  I think God forgives our sins, no matter what they are, and I believe that we are all children of God, the Father, as long as we walk this earth, which means if you have a yearning for him and for his acceptance, he will take you as you are and love you.

I think the biggest thing is to reject the materialism of this current world and to denounce any actions against well-meaning human beings on this earth.  I think it is VERY easy to see the difference between people who have lost their way and who act in the name of the devil, hurting other people.  It's not hard to be nice.  It's just rare nowadays, unfortunately.  I think God loves all of his creations as he created them, and I don't think people need to put so much stock into who they love, in comparison to how their lives are becoming because what's happening in their lives because of who they love.  I think there is a healthy way to be gay.

Thank you for writing this. I really needed it 🤍

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block