Britney Hasn't Released A Great Album/Song Since 2011

17 minutes ago, unusualyouforever said:

i’ve always felt like glory was a bit overrated by the fanbase because it was such a step up from britney jean and because of britney’s improved demeanor during this time. it is definitely not an artistic triumph but at least it does sound like britney. sadly that was the bar. 

Glory doesn't sound like britney ..it sounds like the chipmunks! FF was her last good album and it had many tracks with the great voice of Britney . 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, britneyqueenn said:

Glory doesn't sound like britney ..it sounds like the chipmunks! FF was her last good album and it had many tracks with the great voice of Britney . 

You chose the bonus tracks, where vocally stronger than the entire ff album, but equal to glory. Britney's vocals were super varied on Glory, and more in line with these than the rest of the album, which was vocally simple and did show off her vocals at all.

3 hours ago, unaware said:

Glory and Hold Me Closer were really average and not that great

Hold Me Closer is very overrated 

Very safe and generic 

when you listen to In The Zone/Blackout and then you go listen to Glory you just want to cry at how basic it is 

the last album that was really solid for me was Femme Fatale imo and this one didn't really feel like a Britney album apart from songs like How I Roll because of Bloodshy & Avant

What have YOU done lately?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

sorry but her last good album was blackout. the rest was too safe, generic and meh. she would've never been the Britney Spears she is based of circus, femme fatale, britney jean, and glory.

for real... compare these to frikin:

baby one more time, oops i did it again, Britney, IN THE ******* ZONE and BLACKOUT...

deal with it people lol.

btw that doesnt mean i don't love some songs from those post con albums but lets be realistic... they are ok.

sorry but nothing britney did post con was worthy of her status and of the mother ******* icon she is. i don't blame her tho' but if you can't see literally her first 5 albums hold her entire career then you are wrong. lol

also the britney era was her top tier era. not my fave album but it was the absolute best of britney spears.

no shade, just being truthful.

Edited by leviathan
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, leviathan said:

sorry but her last good album was blackout. the rest was too safe, generic and meh. she would've never been the Britney Spears she is based of circus, femme fatale, britney jean, and glory.

for real... compare these to frikin:

baby one more time, oops i did it again, Britney, IN THE ******* ZONE and BLACKOUT...

deal with it people lol.

btw that doesnt mean i don't love some songs from those post con albums but lets be realistic... they are ok.

sorry but nothing britney did post con was worthy of her status and of the mother ******* icon she is. i don't blame her tho' but if you can't see literally her first 5 albums hold her entire career then you are wrong. lol

also the britney era was her top tier era. not my fave album but it was the absolute best of britney spears.

no shade, just being truthful.

yep

blackout is the last one that really had a legit Britney touch/vibe 

Circus was ok but it seemed very rushed and you can tell they really needed a hit song , too much fillers  

Femme Fatale seems to be her last album where they really made an effort on the production

Everything after Femme Fatale seems lazy, unfinished or rushed 

Britney Jean is a joke and shouldn't even be considered a studio album it's more like a promo album/mixtape for the vegas residency 

And Glory eh... I don't even know what to say about Glory, there's nothing to say, this album leaves me totally unimpressed, there's just nothing memorable or interesting on this album, it's also the only Britney album that i never listen to

Edited by unaware
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, unaware said:

Very safe and generic 

when you listen to In The Zone/Blackout and then you go listen to Glory you just want to cry at how basic it is 

the last album that was really solid for me was Femme Fatale imo and this one didn't really feel like a Britney album apart from songs like How I Roll because of Bloodshy & Avant

Given everything she was going through I believe Glory was a step in the right direction and felt more like a Britney album since Blackout.  Do You Wanna Come Over and Change Your Mind should have been singles.  :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1

“Femme Fatale” definitely had more radio friendly ‘hit’ material than “Britney Jean” and “Glory”. However in retrospect and 10+ years later, “Femme Fatale” truly aged like the worst milk to ever exist. There’s rarely any substance or soul in that album whatsoever. “Glory”, while not a very good album either, at least has ‘Slumber Party’ which is a pop masterpiece and arguably her best track of the 2010s.

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 2

As much as I enjoyed Glory, a lot of that stems from it finally heading 'back' in the right direction I felt Britney was going in after In The Zone and Blackout. I actually really enjoyed Slumber Party and its production, and a lot of what came off of Glory, but there was something about In The Zone in particularly that really set the bar high. Blackout is great, and I'm inclined to think it was the last 'daring' album, because most of what came after was either 'comeback' or just very safe. But In The Zone for me was the most experimental out of any of her albums - she was really feeling it and in her element, and it allowed her to push boundaries she never did before. It was just the cusp of what could've come afterwards.

Unfortunately, Blackout came at a time where she was not in a good place and whilst that resulted in some amazing music, I think In The Zone was the last album she felt happy and in control. I still listen to In The Zone so heavily and to think it was only 4-5 years into her career - so much could've come from that. Touch of my Hand is arguably one of the better produced tracks of hers, period (imho!).

I'd like to think she would start where she left off, but I think - with the gap of nearly 14-15 years by the time any album *may* eventuate (if at all), I think her sound would be more mature and something that addresses a lot of her recent hardships.

Sorry, I've typed an essay here but every time an ITZ track comes on I'm just left there thinking... damn. What a freaking good one. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, unaware said:

Very safe and generic 

Britney Jean with Britney's voice could kill FF album and be one of her most creative and experimental albums. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block