Britney calls out former assistant Felicia Culotta and others who took part in documentaries about her instead of actually helping

We, as fans, can recognise that these documentaries helped get the general public aware of what was happening and offered an opportunity for people like Fe and Tish (who is an absolute sweetheart who deserves no hate) who may not have had the means to fight against Team Con, Britney's feelings shouldn't be dismissed; ultimately, she is the one who had to endure this, this was done to her.

Britney was ultimately in a situation that traumatised her, and noone spoke up and spoke out directly about the conservatorship until June 23rd, when Britney told the world. 

Put yourself in her shoes; how would you feel if there were dozens to hundreds of witnesses who could have spoken out to say "Britney needs help! This is what has been done to her!" and noone did until you, terrified of the world not believing you, had to.

Britney isn't wrong to say it was her who helped herself, because it's her testimony that did that.

Neither are wrong; this is still a situation caused by the conservatorships power and the fear around it.

Britney may harbour feels against Fe because Fe is still close to Lynne (as far as we know) which may make it harder to heal, if Britney even chooses that. I do think Britney may be grouping Tish in a bit hard, because she is an absolute sweetheart though, but Britney may feel completely detached from people she worked with...

...but I'll repeat it because it bares repeating, Britney, Fe and Tish (obviously Britney the most!) aren't to be pitted against each other; this is all thanks to the fear and power the conservatorship gave people; the control at the most intimate detail of a global icon and the absolute fear of repercussions in defending her.

• Love 5

Personally, I still think the docs helped because it did create such a microscope on the situation, that any decision the judge or lawyers made would have been met with scrutiny. She mentioned in her speech to the court that she's already said this in the past and they haven't done anything about it. If anything, it lit a fire under some of the ***** around her to do something about it too.

On the other hand, she's just tired of being dissected and discusses about as if she's dead or doesn't exist. Everyone talks about her, except her. You can't expect someone who's had the life she has and not feel a certain way about media outlets, among other things. I think it's a complicated situation. At the end of the day, her feelings are real, and we should respect them, and let her heal the way she wants to heal. 

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, KrisJ said:

“I don’t want to talk about her” - I think that’s what she said right? 

Exactly. She had no problem getting on screen and talking about Britney? If you’re going to help Britney, help her and call out her abusers. She didn’t even want to talk about Jamie. She just used this as an opportunity to be seen? I can’t seem to think that she thought she was helping when she wouldn’t talk about the actual ones who abused her? What purpose was she serving being in those documentaries, that didn’t even get Britney’s approval? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

She's very traumatized, I feel very sorry for her and I hope she can find and pursue the right path to her soul.

But she's not a child anymore, yes she has her thoughts but they're not that accurate due to her trauma. Once she finds heal I hope she could understand that most of the people around her (except her family) didnt have any power to do anything

• Love 2
  • Like 4
41 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

I'm going to get dragged 

But at this point Britney is just embarrassing herself. The NYT let the world know what happened. The footage shown was her pre-conservatorship where she made stupid decisions as one does in their 20s and it was her own doing around the Kfed image in terms of what was shown. Yes, it may be embarrassing, but it was the truth shown in the format of videos and pictures.

I empathize with Britney but those documentaries propelled public pressure. She spoke in 2019 and it didn't do her any good then. She should be ashamed for lashing out at people who tried to help her with the documentaries. Her own voice in 2021 helped but it wasn't enough to be completely free. It was a mix of the Free Britney movement with us, the fans, the documentaries, and her own voice. She needs to realize there was a lot going into it.

A lot of people put their careers on the line and a lot of people couldn't even help her at the time due to the control of everything.

Britney needs to heal and social media is only making it worse, especially with the comments she gets.

Couldn’t agree more. They helped get the public on her side and everyone was rooting for her. Unfortunately she’s ruined the respect and love from general public with how she acts on instagram. The majority of people who felt for her and stood up and shared things now think that there is something wrong with her. 

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, Isla said:

Oh god, this is so sad because I really like Felicia and felt she came across well in the docs, but Britney obviously doesn't feel the same way. She's clearly still very hurt by those around her so I can see why she doesn't like the docs even though I think it helped bring awareness to her situation.

Felicia is still friends with her abusive mom. How can you still like that woman?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Exactly. She had no problem getting on screen and talking about Britney? If you’re going to help Britney, help her and call out her abusers. She didn’t even want to talk about Jamie. She just used this as an opportunity to be seen? I can’t seem to think that she thought she was helping when she wouldn’t talk about the actual ones who abused her? What purpose was she serving being in those documentaries, that didn’t even get Britney’s approval? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I wish Britney would speak to her in private and discuss it all - there’s a lot to unpack and understand. Felicia is still friends with Lynn too and that’s a big UGH to me and no doubt Britney as well.

She’s right though. They all sat by and looked away when she was locked up in that place. WHAT DID THEY DO TO HELP HER THEN ???

It took a fan run instagram account to ring the alarm. And even they sold out in the end with their podcast where they even let Sam Lutfi speak about her. 

She’s over people talking about her in public, and we need to understand that.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

This is so gross and Britney will never get it. Granted I’m wasting my breathe in here bc everyone only takes her word as gospel but wow she is so ungrateful and hateful and sadly she’s never gonna get past it bc she lives in her misery every day as clear through her posts. Ruined the relationship with her own children bc she insists “she’s right” about everything. It’s so sad to watch and all y’all who enable her every douche move…don’t get it twisted. She’s not happy. She’s miserable and it shows in every aspect. But whatever Britney knows best as always 🤡 considering she always runs her life into the ground. But as she said…it’s her prerogative to do so. She clearly always knows what’s best and that always worked well for her…😳

• Love 2
  • Like 6
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

This is so gross and Britney will never get it. Granted I’m wasting my breathe in here bc everyone only takes her word as gospel but wow she is so ungrateful and hateful and sadly she’s never gonna get past it bc she lives in her misery every day as clear through her posts. Ruined the relationship with her own children bc she insists “she’s right” about everything. It’s so sad to watch and all y’all who enable her every douche move…don’t get it twisted. She’s not happy. She’s miserable and it shows in every aspect. But whatever Britney knows best as always 🤡 considering she always runs her life into the ground. But as she said…it’s her prerogative to do so. She clearly always knows what’s best and that always worked well for her…😳

whoopi goldberg ghost GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

I understand that she is frustrated that people sat down for an interview and docs to talks about what they witnessed, but not of them do something before that. None of them talk back then when she was locked up on a facility. 

She is frustrated because none of the people around her, stood up for her, and then she has to watch those people talking about her story. 

5 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

To be fair, not every interaction she has with her husband is recorded on public social channels. Same goes for everyone on this forum. We don't know what he did or didn't do, so it isn't fair to assume in that instance. 

So why she calling out Sam? As you said we don’t know what Sam did to help Britney. Maybe he can’t do nothing legally because he was unable. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block