Taylor Swift adds more dates to 'The Eras Tour'

Slayer

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I don't believe that to be the case. When she announced the issues with her masters that made her rerecord her work, one of the key issues was Scooter Braun refusing to allow her to perform as it technically counted as a rerecording of her work. I would assume Taylor isn't going to give him an inch of hope he could do something like that again, and have her rerecordings recorded and released, because I have a feeling she only has reputation left to record.

She will essentially be performing her entire backcatalogue of music she owns.

There was a different timeframe set on some of the earlier work that I think was renegotiated to 5 years once rep was out. She wasn’t allowed to start Re-recording any past album until November of 2019 or 2020 but was able to play live if it wasn’t broadcast. The issue was that it was for an award show taking place before that date. 

regardless, in 9 days (rep came out 11/10), none of this will be an issue in terms of live playing and I am sure she will have re-released all the albums by the time an eras tour is filmed/released! 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Nate b said:

There was a different timeframe set on some of the earlier work that I think was renegotiated to 5 years once rep was out. She wasn’t allowed to start Re-recording any past album until November of 2019 or 2020 but was able to play live if it wasn’t broadcast. The issue was that it was for an award show taking place before that date. 

regardless, in 9 days (rep came out 11/10), none of this will be an issue in terms of live playing and I am sure she will have re-released all the albums by the time an eras tour is filmed/released! 

It was a powerplay on Braun's part and I'd hope there's no technicality for him to try it again, but at this point, I can imagine Taylor release all of her work before the tour just for the flex!

8 hours ago, Isla said:

I wonder when we will get UK dates? I saw some people say she could do the UK and the rest of Europe in August/September and still do stadiums (anything after that would be in arenas). I’m not sure if I could handle waiting until 2024 ddd.

I think a greatest hits style tour makes the most sense as she wasn’t able to tour for Lover, Folklore or Evermore! Although I hope she still performs a lot of Midnights tracks too.

Really good support acts too! Imagine seeing Paramore open for Ms Swift :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I hate when US artists announce US dates  then say UK/EU dates are coming soon. it drives me nuts. i know looking at the dates it wont be til end of 2023 at the earliest  [i think it will be end of 2023 tbh given the US leg ends in August 2023. i think it might be October/November 2023]. i dont mind it being a year away but i'd rather it was still announced now. im hoping to get Shania  Twain tickets on Friday and yeh its a bit of a bummer its not til September 2023 but im glad she announced all the dates all at once so i can get my tickets now and thats it booked and out of my mind and im not worried about missing an announcement, i never do as im signed up to all of the tour  email newsletters lol but i still worry lol

im also worry she'll only do England and not Scotland like she did on the Reputation and what was suppose to be the Lover Fest tour but  covid got it cancelled. really hope its an actual UK tour and not actually just an England tour

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

I hate when US artists announce US dates  then say UK/EU dates are coming soon. it drives me nuts. i know looking at the dates it wont be til end of 2023 at the earliest  [i think it will be end of 2023 tbh given the US leg ends in August 2023. i think it might be October/November 2023]. i dont mind it being a year away but i'd rather it was still announced now. im hoping to get Shania  Twain tickets on Friday and yeh its a bit of a bummer its not til September 2023 but im glad she announced all the dates all at once so i can get my tickets now and thats it booked and out of my mind and im not worried about missing an announcement, i never do as im signed up to all of the tour  email newsletters lol but i still worry lol

im also worry she'll only do England and not Scotland like she did on the Reputation and what was suppose to be the Lover Fest tour but  covid got it cancelled. really hope its an actual UK tour and not actually just an England tour

Yeah I’m surprised she’s just announced US dates for now but it is her country. Hopefully we don’t wait too long and she considers the whole of the UK 🙏🏻

55 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah I’m surprised she’s just announced US dates for now but it is her country. Hopefully we don’t wait too long and she considers the whole of the UK 🙏🏻

im not surprised shes doing the US first as like you said its her country. but i wish she did what Shania  Twain has done and announced all dates everywhere all at once. Because like i said, i dont mind that Shania  Twain is 10 months away, im happy shes announced it, hoping i get tickets on friday and thats it all booked and im not worried about missing the announcement 

1 minute ago, jonloch1 said:

im not surprised shes doing the US first as like you said its her country. but i wish she did what Shania  Twain has done and announced all dates everywhere all at once. Because like i said, i dont mind that Shania  Twain is 10 months away, im happy shes announced it, hoping i get tickets on friday and thats it all booked and im not worried about missing the announcement 

Yeah you're pretty lucky with Shania. Hopefully we don't wait too late and I hope you get Shania tickets too :) 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It was a powerplay on Braun's part and I'd hope there's no technicality for him to try it again, but at this point, I can imagine Taylor release all of her work before the tour just for the flex!

He doesn't own her masters. 

He sold them for 300 million dollars,  best believe he got called out.

Cos one He lied stating the re recordings was a bluff on her end.

2 sold her masters the same price he bought her label for, which for some meant,  he literally only bought big machine to own her,  only for taylor to 🐓🐔 block him at his own game,  hint he sold them, a dead investment.  

Cos taylor wrote all her catalog, which by law, to use her music. He had to ask permission as she owns the intellectual property of her songs, she said no,along with the other writers,,which meant he wasn't making a profit..

So his big investment turned to be a dead investment.  

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

More shows were added :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Wish she'd announce EU/UK dates. i know by looking at the US dates it wont be til end of 2023 but rather she just announce it now. im nervous because waited for Shania Twain to announce UK dates, got so excited when she did and i couldnt bloody get them :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: so im now with Taylor Swift where im checking to see if she's announced UK dates worried ill miss the announcement, trying not to get too excited/hopeful, but still wanna keep informed. and im worried ill have the same problem with her as i and loads of people did with Shania Twain where kept getting knocked off the system, then by the time i get on, all sold out

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block