Taylor Swift Makes History as First Artist With Entire Top 10 on Billboard Hot 100

Anti-Hero

1 minute ago, bitbitboi said:

These are just numbers, it's no representation of reality. What a boring top ten. There should be more rules so it's actually diverse and representative. Who cares if she sold a bazillion vinyls in different colors? What does that have to do with music and what people in general are actually listening to? It's embarrassing. This is a list of "more sold music items", not about what the GP is listening to.

Everyone was massively streaming HER music for a full week. What does that have to do with the "gazillion colors" :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

These are just numbers, it's no representation of reality. What a boring top ten. There should be more rules so it's actually diverse and representative. Who cares if she sold a bazillion vinyls in different colors? What does that have to do with music and what people in general are actually listening to? It's embarrassing. This is a list of "more sold music items", not about what the GP is listening to.

The Swifties are part of the general public too, what are trying to say? Artists with massive followers should be appreciated more because THIS IS REAL. There are a lot of industry plants who are surviving off a radio spin…. Let’s be for real :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Style. said:

The Swifties are part of the general public too, what are trying to say? Artists with massive followers should be appreciated more because THIS IS REAL. There are a lot of industry plants who are surviving off a radio spin…. Let’s be for real :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

THIS. 

The HOT 100 represents the most famous songs of the week, and Taylor clearly had the 10 most successful songs in the last 7 days. 

Also:

• Sales are no longer a thing, only fans tend to buy songs and albums.
  • Radios aren't as big as they used it, they are just manipulated by record companies for BBhot100 points through radio deals.
  • Love 2

Streaming era is a mess. Because for example, if Adele sold 3,3 million copies of 25 in 2015 in the first week, it means that every song on this album sold 3,3 million pure sales that week too, so it would have been her in the entire top 10 too. We can’t put all the songs from an album in the top because that album was the most popular.

Same thing would have happened to Britney in 2000 with Oops. 1,3 millions copies sold first week, so every song of the album sold 1,3 million copies. It just doesn’t work like that…

Billboard needs to do like the UK charts. No more than 3 singles by the same artist in the top 10 with this messy streaming era.

you can tell its mainly 35+ gays & girls in this thread :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: this is an amazing feat regardless of it being in the streaming era, you guys don't have to drag other artists down just because your fave isn't the #1 popstar anymore, if britney dropped an album last friday and this happened you all would be pi.ssing yourselves over it don't even lie lmao

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

you can tell its mainly 35+ gays & girls in this thread :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: this is an amazing feat regardless of it being in the streaming era, you guys don't have to drag other artists down just because your fave isn't the #1 popstar anymore, if britney dropped an album last friday and this happened you all would be pi.ssing yourselves over it don't even lie lmao

Hmmmm Im in my 20s btw and both Adele and Britney are not my faves. I took them as exemple cause they sold millions in first week too. And they would have been the first artists to do it.

Anyway with this streaming era everybody will be able to do this. Just wait for the next big artist/album. And all of Taylor’s song will disappear next week. None of these (execpt maybe Anti-Hero) will be remembered in the future. Just like when Drake had 9 top 10 hits lol. 

2 minutes ago, Greg_del said:

Hmmmm Im in my 20s btw and both Adele and Britney are not my faves. I took them as exemple cause they sold millions in first week too. And they would have been the first artists to do it.

Anyway with this streaming era everybody will be able to do this. Just wait for the next big artist/album. And all of Taylor’s song will disappear next week. None of these (execpt maybe Anti-Hero) will be remembered in the future. Just like when Drake had 9 top 10 hits lol. 

I agree this feat is easier in the streaming age especially with the decline of sales/radio impact and tbh I don't think midnights (or taylor for that fact) is deserving of such an accomplishment, I do think taylor is a very clever businesswoman with a great work ethic but she's not doing any revolutionary so it is kinda baffling that she's managed to do this, but its still a great moment for taylor & its not the 00s anymore where we need to pit women against each other (not saying you did I'm just saying in general)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Anti-Hero said:
taylor-swift-anti-hero-video-billboard-1

Swift surpasses Drake, who logged nine of the Hot 100's top 10 for a week in September 2021.

FgadHo8UoAAl7Qk?format=jpg&name=900x900

Also, she surpassed Madonna (38)  with more Top 10 on Billboard than any other female artist. Only Drake has more: 59.  Anti-Hero is Taylor ninth #1 song a feat she still hasn't topped Mariah's record 19 number #1. The song is also the fifth to debut atop of the chart tied with Ariana and BTS. Drake has seven. She also matched The Beatles as both dominated the Top 5.

Taylor-Swift.jpg?w=1024

Taylor Swift is having a historic chart week, becoming the first act to score all of the top 10 spots on Billboard's Hot 100. Not even the Beatles or Drake can claim that feat. "Anti-Hero" is No. 1.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block