Taylor Swift Makes History as First Artist With Entire Top 10 on Billboard Hot 100

Anti-Hero

10 hours ago, Bigno said:

I am not her fan but I don't see the need to bring the accomplishment down either. Do I think she is doing something musically revolutionary? No effin way. She is not using melody in new, creative ways such as The Beatles, nor is she creating complex masterpieces of narrative, taking elements from sophisticated musical pieces such as opera, a la Queen. No, she is not an instrument virtuoso nor is she a great vocalist. She is not a Michael Jackson type of performer, she can't dance, she looks rather odd on stage compared to a consummate performer like old Britney and yet, here she is. In the average terms of what a pop star is, she is nothing like it. She didn't even ***ualize her image and maybe that is what makes her road here interesting, in a different way. It was her vision, her work ethic and consistency what brought her here, not her big voice or her impressive stage persona, it was commitment and how she put the spots together. She was true to herself. She was dressing like a Disney princess, while all the other girls were wearing something very different. She was singing about prince charmin while everyone talked about the club. Her albums, except for Folkmorr, have never appealed to me, but I respect someone who stands their ground.

Now THIS I can appreciate... I wish Swifties themselves would talk about her more like this instead of "omG TeN son<Gs NUmnbEr 1nnn!!"

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

she does NOT have the X factor,

According to YOU, which is not a fact but rather an opinion. She announced a "pre-save" for her stadium tour and people have been waiting for HOURS because of the demand. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

50 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm incredibly anxious for Britney's B10

Atleast we are both on the same boat here :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

9 hours ago, nux1989 said:

Yes, she's somehow a very anti-pop pop star.
Probably the less-Madonna-ish of them all.
Besides Reputation era, she was never "fierce" or "avant grade."
However her "basicness" is probably the foundation of her longevity.
Because she's set to be related to not to be worshiped.

I read an article years ago that said she's the Britney of country music.
No, not sonically or visually.
It's that they both gathered an audience of fangirls industry didn't know existed.
And for years, that audience has kept being explored, renewed and adjust.
I once thought she's gonna flopped hard after Lover era.
But the surprising Folklore apparent extend the horizon of her audience.
And with 2 following re-record of her best albums (That's debatable though, lol), the new generation got introduced to her older works, too.

Her music might but her damn clever brand execution never disappoint. 

Totally agreed. First, LOVER was nausea inducing, imo. From the Carebears aesthetic to her "me!" Constant screams and spelling dizzying act, I  was horrified and I was not the only one. I truly think her Folklore and Evermore records showed a different side to many people, other than the vindictive, repetitive, annoying songs against Kimye had presented. Still, I have encountered many indy artists with songs as good or even better than the ones in those records, which takes me to think that besides what I mentioned about her disposition to be herself, also her presentation with fans have been her key points.

I have heard real ppl and even on internet clips about encounters with many celebs and she, literally, seems to have impeccable reputation. The interesting thing is that, she is the only person you consistently find to have only positive stories with fans. Actually, if anyone has a negative encounter with her I would very much like to know, because I have not found one yet.I think this has helped her immensely. People really take it seriously and fight for her as if she were their mother or sister. I can't understand taking it so personal, but I do know people feel very lonely in general and everyone loves to feel like they are noticed and seen.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bigno said:

Totally agreed. First, LOVER was nausea inducing, imo. From the Carebears aesthetic to her "me!" Constant screams and spelling dizzying act, I  was horrified and I was not the only one. I truly think her Folklore and Evermore records showed a different side to many people, other than the vindictive, repetitive, annoying songs against Kimye had presented. Still, I have encountered many indy artists with songs as good or even better than the ones in those records, which takes me to think that besides what I mentioned about her disposition to be herself, also her presentation with fans have been her key points.

I have heard real ppl and even on internet clips about encounters with many celebs and she, literally, seems to have impeccable reputation. The interesting thing is that, she is the only person you consistently find to have only positive stories with fans. Actually, if anyone has a negative encounter with her I would very much like to know, because I have not found one yet.I think this has helped her immensely. People really take it seriously and fight for her as if she were their mother or sister. I can't understand taking it so personal, but I do know people feel very lonely in general and everyone loves to feel like they are noticed and seen.

my gawd you're a gem to this forum :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block