Britney clarifies she wasn't referring to Selena Gomez: I genuinely look up to and respect Selena

1 hour ago, easy said:

this is the problem with assumptions and putting your own spin on her words rather than just listening. i hope there's no more "is she shading _____" threads because she clearly IS NOT. 

Some ppl are just too eager to find conflict and insults everywhere.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Unfortunately,  because of the tone, and the way she said 2016 and ice cream,  it went there..

she didn't say 2016, everyone who assumed rather than just listened dug until they found something to fit their assumption. and it doesn't matter now, stop assuming you know better than the person who spoke the words.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mayenaise said:

So all the other references to Selena were also just coincidence... And also the fact they unfollowed each other... 🤔 

She is making herself look seriously stupid by denying it now... She's only backtracked because the media picked it up. 

Not her pretending she was actually thinking of Kelis and the hate she got....

"I wOs AcTualLy TaLkInG ABoUt KelIS mILkShaKe anD NOt SELENERz ICe CrEm" 

I love you Brinni but I can't :orangu_orangutan_ape:

You'll never give up will you.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I’m sure those are her thoughts, but I don’t think she wrote all of that herself. I’m glad a statement was made and hopefully Selena can be left alone already. 

Cause she’s clearly not intelligent enough to sit down and write a coherent thought, amirite? 

Edited by Gutterguppy1202
spelling
52 minutes ago, LizeS_ said:

I always knew this feud with Selena was something Britney fans made up, she obviously wasn't talking about the Ice Cream video and you were all judging her 🙄 stop putting words o  her mouth 

idk why so many of these 'fans' are so pressed and want this feud to be real? did Selena hurt y'all?

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

While I still think she was talking about Selena, I went back and reread her caption. While she obviously was not referring to Kelis as the person making speeches on stage …to be fair…I wonder if she’s just conflating people and timelines as usual ? 

Regardless, Why are fans so uncomfortable with the idea that she was being shady? Im genuinely asking. I can accept that she was being shady and still love and support her but it’s like some fans can’t stand the idea of Britney doing anything less than perfect. I don’t think it’s healthy to pretend Britney is the nicest person who has ever walked the face of the earth. All women from the south seem sweet as pie until you piss us off😂

Angry Britney Spears GIF by Yandy.com

• Like 7
1 minute ago, x.rox said:

You're one of my favourite MODs/people on here but "fan" doesn't mean "believe every single word that comes from the celebrity's mouth". We are allowed to think for ourselves and when something doesn't pass the smell test, express how we each feel about it. Right? The back-tracking or "clarification" to me doesn't pass the smell test. I still love Britney and support her and I think if she needs to constantly "clarify" things she says, it's just a sign she's learning and we all have to be a little patient with her and understanding, regardless of how we feel. But I don't think anyone should "attack" her though (are people actually attacking her?)... because we all have made posts and said things online that we wish we hadn't or have also had to clarify because it wasn't wisely worded. I just have to keep reminding myself Britney literally just got her freedom & I have to give her time and space to find herself and her groove without judging her too harshly. 

I’m not saying to believe her, what I’m saying is certain people will look for anything as an excuse to attack her or call her crazy and arm chair diagnose her. I’m not saying everyone should agree with everything Britney posts, I’m just talking about the obvious fake fans who are just here to cause trouble.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block