The "my thoughts on Britney's Instagram" thread (Stop creating more threads about this)

• Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

If Britney is able to read the room and backtrack so can you, please I encourage you to read the room and grasp some common sense and middle ground. I am off to work so you have a great day.

I have nothing to backtrack. I support her noodz and her doing what she wants as a free woman  :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

5 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Opinions is one thing. Shaming a free woman for showing her body is one thing. I’m absolutely judging any Britney fan who condemns this woman living her life freely and doing what she wants. Her Instagram literally doesn’t have anything to do with you or any fans, so it really isn’t any of our concerns to judge her on or worry about. 

Are we clear? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Nope. Who made you the king of the universe? I don’t shame Britney but I respect differences of opinion, which you clearly don’t. Some fans really just don’t tolerate other fans or people in general thinking differently to them, do they? 

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, Kiss my said:

Nope. Who made you the king of the universe? I don’t shame Britney but I respect differences of opinion, which you clearly don’t. Some fans really just don’t tolerate other fans or people in general thinking differently to them 

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

I do respect differences of opinion but screaming FreeBritney and then judging her for posting what she wants is so hypocritical. Fake fans need to be reminded :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

9 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

I do respect differences of opinion but screaming FreeBritney and then judging her for posting what she wants is so hypocritical. Fake fans need to be reminded :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

You can have your own opinion. But don’t expect others to think like you. 

I want to know who main paged this thread so I can block them 

:parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Writing down your thoughts, acknowledging your pain, being honest with yourself, allowing negative feelings can actually help releasing pain, resistance etc :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: Because these feelings become more real so they aren't that scary anymore :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

I think Britney treats her Instagram like her diary... She can post whatever she wants as it should be but imo this isn't a good idea to publish all of it. It does more harm than good and she always gets hate for that. Sometimes it feels like I'm reading her diary aka something that is very personal and I shouldn't know about :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, Henry. said:

Writing down your thoughts, acknowledging your pain, being honest with yourself, allowing negative feelings can actually help releasing pain, resistance etc :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: Because these feelings become more real so they aren't that scary anymore :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

I think Britney treats her Instagram like her diary... She can post whatever she wants as it should be but imo this isn't a good idea to publish all of it. It does more harm then good and she always gets hate for that. Sometimes it feels like I'm reading her diary aka something that is very personal and I shouldn't know about :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

I understand. I think it’s because she had so much taken away from her and it was all secret, she feels liberated putting it all out there and doing what she wants to do! 

6 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

I understand. I think it’s because she had so much taken away from her and it was all secret, she feels liberated putting it all out there and doing what she wants to do! 

True. I think it's pretty logical that person that was silenced for so long wants to express their thoughts, feelings no matter what :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: Makes sense :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, nwonder said:

Yes…  

but that doesn’t give her a free pass to body shame or bully others. We can call her out for that and still stan her and keep advocating her freedom. You can also be nice and be critical at the same time. 

Now I’m not saying she’s a bully or body shaming with her posts (I’m just using that as an example as some of her posts can construed that way but I don’t think that’s her intention )

… I’m just saying we should always call out problematic behaviour whoever it is.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking too! I’m totally against bullying and calling someone out when something needs to be solved privately is NOT OK, at all. I mean, it’s like watching Mean Girls 2.0… And to be honest, they (Britney and Selena) did exactly the opposite of women’s empowerment with their speech/post, which consists essentially in accepting women’s viewpoints and making an effort at raising women’s status through education and awareness. And you know, times change and it’s ok if points of view change over time. I’m so glad I’m not a celebrity so that everything that comes out of my mouth/instagram/posts won’t be used against me forever…

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Henry. said:

True. I think it's pretty logical that person that was silenced for so long wants to express their thoughts, feelings no matter what :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: Makes sense :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

I do agree that maybe a write up and re read could be a good idea for her posts but I love how open and honest she is now. And to be quite honest, I love her shade :bouncey:

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

I do agree that maybe a write up and re read could be a good idea for her posts but I love how open and honest she is now. And to be quite honest, I love her shade :bouncey:

I think posting all of this on a private Twitter/Instagram account with no followers could be a good solution for her tbh :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: It feels like sending your thoughts to the world but no one actually reads it, only you have access to it and you're expressing yourself + you can look back :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

She could drag the sh/t out of Selena there :bouncey:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Henry. said:

I think posting all of this on a private Twitter/Instagram account with no followers could be a good solution for her tbh :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: It feels like sending your thoughts to the world but no one actually reads it, only you have access to it and you're expressing yourself + you can look back :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

She could drag the sh/t out of Selena there :bouncey:

Omg. That’s such a great idea, Henry! :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: Honestly though, I think she likes showing the world her body as a free woman. I think there’s more to it than just posing naked. I’m all for it and just what her to be happy :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

• Leader

The journalism x marketing part of me would love to see the captions cleaned up a bit, but all things considered, I think it's cool to see a totally unfiltered Britney - especially after so many years of her being censored. I'd love to find a balance, but at the end of the day this is her platform 100% on her terms and I respect that. 

• Like 2